• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Flyers tank the rest of the season?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't tank we're not the pens. Play hard and let the chips fall where they may. Besides we know this team can be better and it's very early in the season. Make a trade but nothing stupid...

And with the draft in hockey you really don't know what you're getting. Half the time you're drafting an 18 year old so the jury's still out. The Rangers didn't make the playoffs for 8 years at one point and the drafts were still pretty crappy. Lundqvist was I think a 6th round pick and took 6 (1 was a strike year) years to make it to the NHL.
Out of those 8 drafts one 30 goal scorer (Prucha who they then ruined) and not a single defenseman that could move the puck.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with the draft in hockey you really don't know what you're getting. Half the time you're drafting an 18 year old so the jury's still out. The Rangers didn't make the playoffs for 8 years at one point and the drafts were still pretty crappy. Lundqvist was I think a 6th round pick and took 6 (1 was a strike year) years to make it to the NHL.
Out of those 8 drafts one 30 goal scorer (Prucha who they then ruined) and not a single defenseman that could move the puck.

This will be a pretty good draft tho, if you get a top 5 pick (which the Flyers would probably get), you'll probably get a stud.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only thing is what's the point of making a trade if it's nothing special, and can a special trade be made with Lacavalier & Umberger on the books?

I basically meant make a trade to spark the team but don't give away the future in doing so. I'd be ok with packaging a guy like Umberger with a younger guy just as long as they were getting a young body back...it can be done.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're not allowed to tank Clarkson. That makes being bad too tight of a competition.

Lets go Sabres, Oilers, Devils, Canes, BJs, Panthers, Coyotes! Clap, Clap, Clap clap clap

everybody!

Good to see you all it's been a long time. We need our parise replacement I'm all for tanking

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you all it's been a long time. We need our parise replacement I'm all for tanking

ya man, has been. How've you been? you need to stop by more often!

even if you are diluting the place with your devil stench! :suds::pound:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya man, has been. How've you been? you need to stop by more often!

even if you are diluting the place with your devil stench! :suds::pound:

Divorced quit drinking I've been around I'll stink up the bs thread a little more often lol still hating kovy and vanderbeek for destroying devils hockey

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Divorced quit drinking I've been around I'll stink up the bs thread a little more often lol still hating kovy and vanderbeek for destroying devils hockey

I hear you man. the Kovy thing was a pretty raw deal for the Devils.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you man. the Kovy thing was a pretty raw deal for the Devils.

I said let him go worry about signing guys like parise and clarkson guys that fit the system. The bulk of the devils board disagreed loved kovy. Instead we were left with a floater who played lazy defense, was sloppy on the point and gave up multiple shorthanded goals and jumped ship