• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shoud LeBron retire?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J.R. might comeback now, I would think Delly comes back. They lose Jefferson. They could replace RJ with a veteran guy possibly or a MLE guy, other than that the team stays pretty much the same.

Yep & a team like that will attract players who quite possibly will play for less.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is still only 31, and if he continues to keep in great shape he still should have a lot left in the tank. Did you see anything in this series to indicate that he still can't dominate the game for quite a while?
Exactly. He just put up arguably the greatest Finals performance in the history of the NBA. I'd say he's still got some years left.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think money matters to LeBron. I mean the man took a pay cut to win titles in Miami. LeBron has always wanted to be accepted and loved by basketball fans. I think his legacy means more to him then money.

OK - that being the case then don't you think that he would want to win more titles and not retire early? I really doubt that any major competitor in his prime is going to get wrapped up in the idea of retiring at the rt time. Now if this were the NFL I could perhaps see the pt if it were to avoid injury and future problems.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now folks in the media are talking LeBron possibly opting out of Cleveland. Probably just trying to stir up chatter, but like what is said in the OP, what can LeBron possibly do in Cleveland to top what he just did? He delivered his promise. Came back and won his city a title, now maybe he can leave in peace and go play for whoever he wants?

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as long as he can collude and play 45 win teams en route to a Finals where he meets a Team that just went through war out west to get to the finals vs. QUALITY teams.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as long as he can collude and play 45 win teams en route to a Finals where he meets a Team that just went through war out west to get to the finals vs. QUALITY teams.

So much for your lebron hasn't beat any 60+ win teams

Wrecked

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little out there, but really, what else does he have to accomplish? He came through on his promise, he went out with one of the best Final series performances in decades, he brought his city (regardless of his past actions of stabbing them in the back) a title that they had not seen in 50+ years.

What else can he do? Go back and win another title for Cleveland? Get them to another Finals winning 3 straight Eastern Conference Finals? What if he comes back next year and Cleveland doesn't get a ring, or doesn't win the conference, or doesn't even get to the ECF?

LeBron has always desired to be the loveable good guy and loved by all the NBA fans. Well, he goes out now and everyone will remember him for what he did in this series. Absolutely beast. He comes back and any sort of non title or a player on this roster leaving and it leaves room for the haters to say the reason Cleveland won the title in 2016 was because of so and so.

I don't like LeBron at all, but what an amazing performance after being down 3-1 to the defending champions.

This post is a complete fail.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think money matters to LeBron. I mean the man took a pay cut to win titles in Miami. LeBron has always wanted to be accepted and loved by basketball fans. I think his legacy means more to him then money.

Lebron wants to be a billionaire so he can own a team down the line. He's also not an idiot. He knew that he couldn't go his whole career without winning a ring. At the time, the Heat offered him the best chance to win a title, which he did that helped keep his legacy intact to the point he wasn't compared to Barkley and Malone as great players who never won. Now he's being compared to all-time greats like Bird, Kobe, Magic, Jordan, Kareem, etc... The pay cut was merely an investment for Lebron as the championships help his brand out far more. Now he's making max money. He wants to make sure his family is taking care of for generations.

At this juncture it's all about rings as well as moving up the rankings in terms of points, rebounds, assists, etc...

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No retirement.
See if he can get another title for Cleveland

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron wants to be a billionaire so he can own a team down the line. He's also not an idiot. He knew that he couldn't go his whole career without winning a ring. At the time, the Heat offered him the best chance to win a title, which he did that helped keep his legacy intact to the point he wasn't compared to Barkley and Malone as great players who never won. Now he's being compared to all-time greats like Bird, Kobe, Magic, Jordan, Kareem, etc... The pay cut was merely an investment for Lebron as the championships help his brand out far more. Now he's making max money. He wants to make sure his family is taking care of for generations.

At this juncture it's all about rings as well as moving up the rankings in terms of points, rebounds, assists, etc...

Yep & most elite athletes act just like this. It is only when they are in the twilight of their career & their body starts to fail them (P Manning, Kobe, etc) that they start considering retirement. No way that an elite athlete in his prime (with the very real possibility of more championships) quits the game especially in the NBA. Again - he is 31 not 41.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep & most elite athletes act just like this. It is only when they are in the twilight of their career & their body starts to fail them (P Manning, Kobe, etc) that they start considering retirement. No way that an elite athlete in his prime (with the very real possibility of more championships) quits the game especially in the NBA. Again - he is 31 not 41.

Agreed. If Lebron gets a 3-peat in Cleveland - he'll be second to only Jordan at that juncture. Plus, he won't ever have to spend a penny in Cleveland and will be a billionaire at that juncture based on brand name.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes^^^ He has said before he wants to be a billionaire and he wants to be the greatest to ever play the game, no doubt. I really think he is chasing 6 rings, he wants 3 more honestly IMO. Then stats and everything will come along with that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. If Lebron gets a 3-peat in Cleveland - he'll be second to only Jordan at that juncture. Plus, he won't ever have to spend a penny in Cleveland and will be a billionaire at that juncture based on brand name.

If he can win 3 more he will be right there will MJ. I think if he cant get to 6 rings (more likely) then he will most likely be second in most peoples' eyes just bc MJ and Lebron are different kinds of players. He still think if he can somehow get 6 rings and become the leader scorer, he could become the best ever but that is a long way to go. He has a good 3-4 years of high baskeball left in him IMO and if he wants to be in the discussion with MJ he needs to be the main man in those other 3 titles like MJ was.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes^^^ He has said before he wants to be a billionaire and he wants to be the greatest to ever play the game, no doubt. I really think he is chasing 6 rings, he wants 3 more honestly IMO. Then stats and everything will come along with that.

I agree. However, I just don't think a lot of people will crown Lebron the GOAT, even if he makes it to 6 at this juncture. Jordan swept the 90's in dominant fashion (and took 2 years off during his prime to play baseball) and Lebron had some bumps in the road in some of his Finals - it happens. When it's all said and done, I think Lebron wins one more title and gets one more Finals MVP and regular season MVP (I'm counting on him winning the 2017 MVP). I think he'll be the all-time leader in assists (a stat he cares about more) while finishing in the top 5 in points scored.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can win 3 more he will be right there will MJ. I think if he cant get to 6 rings (more likely) then he will most likely be second in most peoples' eyes just bc MJ and Lebron are different kinds of players. He still think if he can somehow get 6 rings and become the leader scorer, he could become the best ever but that is a long way to go. He has a good 3-4 years of high baskeball left in him IMO and if he wants to be in the discussion with MJ he needs to be the main man in those other 3 titles like MJ was.

Something Wiggy points out from time to time is that eventually Kyrie's going to take this team over and Lebron's going to try to ride the Irving wave down the road. That would totally nullify him of getting up there with Jordan, even if he does make it to 6 titles. Then again, Jordan didn't have a Finals like this one given all of the factors. So many ways to view it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something Wiggy points out from time to time is that eventually Kyrie's going to take this team over and Lebron's going to try to ride the Irving wave down the road. That would totally nullify him of getting up there with Jordan, even if he does make it to 6 titles. Then again, Jordan didn't have a Finals like this one given all of the factors. So many ways to view it.

Yeah, Kyrie is still young and now IMO is at the superstar level just bc of these Finals. And I think that may be what it comes down to but for now Lebron is the man as an all-around player but Kyrie can score with the best of them, so we will see how this team evolves this next season.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is aging. Still good and this Finals he put on a performance I had been waiting to see him perform since day 1 in Miami..Had he done so LeBron has 6 rings right now, (4 in Miami, 2 in Cleveland). But he is getting old for the leagues age.
He just won a championship - He wants more and he doesn't care what you believe