• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shoud LeBron retire?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about any superstar has some type of flaws. They are human - who really cares - their performance on the court, field, etc is all that matters assuming that they don't do anything criminal or truly awful. Look at Jordan - he is hardly a saint & by all accounts is not exactly the nicest guy in the world.

In the end we don't know these guys so why make such a big deal out of this? Bottom line - LaBron worked his ass off in preparation for this season & gutted it out till the end. I am not a huge fan of his, but I truly respect what he has accomplished.

I agree 100%. I think Kobe's an arrogant prick. The only reason I pulled for him is because he was a Laker.

As for why people bash/make a big deal out of this, is because it's sports, the folks on here are sports fans, this is a sports message board and it's what sports fans do. Besides, and probably most important, it gets Cavs fans and Lebroniacs panties all twisted up.

Also, it doesn't matter how big a prick Kobe, MJ or any other superstar was/is. Lebron is the one putting himself out there by doing stupid, petty, passive aggressive shit to invite the critcism and then crying about it when it happens.

True superstars don't tell everyone how great they are. They go out, play great and let everyone else tell them how great they are. Lebron does the opposite.

Last edited:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. I think Kobe's an arrogant prick. The only reason I pulled for him is because he was a Laker.

As for why people make a bash/make a big deal out of this, is because it's sports, the folks on here are sports fans, this is a sports message board and it's what sports fans do. Besides, and probably most important, it gets Cavs fans and Lebroniacs panties all twisted up.

Also, it doesn't matter how big a prick Kobe, MJ or any other superstar was/is. Lebron is the one putting himself out there by doing stupid, petty, passive aggressive shit to invite the critcism and then crying about it when it happens.

True superstars don't tell everyone how great they are. They go out, play great and let everyone else tell them how great they are. Lebron does the opposite.

yep...

he makes HIMSELF the victim. and who's fault is THAT...?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for why people bash/make a big deal out of this, is because it's sports, the folks on here are sports fans, this is a sports message board and it's what sports fans do. Besides, and probably most important, it gets Cavs fans and Lebroniacs panties all twisted up.

LOL. I appreciate your take on Kobe & the others. As for LaBron - what are you going to do? It is his personality & it won't change. You could say the same for some other superstars. Example - Brady. A lot of other players would likely have just let this stupid thing go already. Cooperate rt away - get a 1-2 game suspension & put the thing in the rear view mirror already. However - being the egomaniac that he is he will likely never let it go.

LaBron is LaBron. Again - you don't have to like him but you should respect his talents and his desire. The other parts are just some of his flaws - so be it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I appreciate your take on Kobe & the others. As for LaBron - what are you going to do? It is his personality & it won't change. You could say the same for some other superstars. Example - Brady. A lot of other players would likely have just let this stupid thing go already. Cooperate rt away - get a 1-2 game suspension & put the thing in the rear view mirror already. However - being the egomaniac that he is he will likely never let it go.

LaBron is LaBron. Again - you don't have to like him but you should respect his talents and his desire. The other parts are just some of his flaws - so be it.

I've never said Lebron wasn't a great player. But if he's going to put himself out there by doing and saying the dumb shit that he does, then people are going to comment on it. He chooses to be a famous, public person and he chooses to do the things he does. So, he gets to live with whatever criticism/bashing comes his way. That's how the world works.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%. He's fun to watch and I'm glad he looks like he's figured things out and looks to be ready to go to the next level.

I'm looking forward to D'Angelo secretly recording Kyrie's victory celebration in a future Lakers/Cavs finals. :heh:
what was that?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are a handful of superstars in the league and by some peoples' opinions Westbrook is a superstar. Kyrie had a memorable Finals experience, this is the beginning of him becoming a superstar so that's what I basically mean. He needs to keep it up and like you said have a great regular season but he still has Lebron, he doesn't have to put up 30 ppg and 10 apg, just an efficient very good season.
i would say making a 3 in the eye of the reigning MVP on his court in Game 7 with under a minute left in a tie game would constitute a "memorable Finals experience"---- as in- in every Finals montage from now until the NBA folds you will see that shot. Forget Ehlo and Jordan. The Shot means something totally different now.