• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hersey Hawkins - Hall of Fame

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonics (RIP) fan here. I like Hersey but he was the 4th-5th best player on the Sonics (Payton, Kemp, Schrempf top 3, Hawkins, Perkins 4th-5th range) in his years in Seattle.

A Sonic pre-3 pt era who would have been great in the modern era: Downtown Freddie Brown!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hersey Hawkins was a good player...but it's not called the Hall of Good.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCollum is probably the best modern comparison, but another worthwhile stat:

Hawkins averaged 4.1 FT attempts per game to McCollum’s 2.7. A more aggressive and over more physical player.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonics (RIP) fan here. I like Hersey but he was the 4th-5th best player on the Sonics (Payton, Kemp, Schrempf top 3, Hawkins, Perkins 4th-5th range) in his years in Seattle.

A Sonic pre-3 pt era who would have been great in the modern era: Downtown Freddie Brown!
Can’t believe Seattle still doesn’t have a team. Still feels like yesterday during the LeBron/Miami era when everyone said we needed to contract teams. Pure ridiculousness considering all the raw talent of this generation.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.

Bones Hyland got dumped by the Nuggets and he is barely playing for the Clippers.

He has value, but he is a low end rotation player.

And so what?

You are claiming Hawkins would be HOF level today.

That basically means you think he would be Damian Lillard level player.

Taking the easy no on that.
But you say Draymond should be a shoe-in. :noidea:

Use this comp and there’s no doubt who the more talented player is…

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is a shoe in.

4 championships and a DPOY. And you talk about him in like 80% of your posts. If he wasn’t so “famous” you wouldn’t feel the need to mention him.

Hall of “Fame”, not Hall of “Best Basketball Players”.

If Draymond played his career for the Pacers and had zero rings he wouldn’t be.

If Hawkins played his career with the Warriors and had 4? Then he might have a shot.

It is what it is.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t believe Seattle still doesn’t have a team. Still feels like yesterday during the LeBron/Miami era when everyone said we needed to contract teams. Pure ridiculousness considering all the raw talent of this generation.
Seattle is too convenient as a threat for teams thay want new stadiums. "If this bill does not pass we probably have to head to Seattle". Add in the biggest force for a team to Seattle was Balmer, but he ended up with an LA team, and he is not taking a team from there.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's no question Draymond is going to the HOF. He's an important and original piece of the Warriors dynasty.

Ben Wallace is in the HOF and his resume isn't nearly as good as Draymond's.

If you don't understand why he's a HOFer then you don't understand the importance of defense.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no question Draymond is going to the HOF. He's an important and original piece of the Warriors dynasty.

Ben Wallace is in the HOF and his resume isn't nearly as good as Draymond's.

If you don't understand why he's a HOFer then you don't understand the importance of defense.
Bad basketball takes are his calling card.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is too convenient as a threat for teams thay want new stadiums. "If this bill does not pass we probably have to head to Seattle". Add in the biggest force for a team to Seattle was Balmer, but he ended up with an LA team, and he is not taking a team from there.
I guess the numbers don't support it but how does Ballmer not make more money moving the Clippers to Seattle? They would go from afterthought to saviors.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the numbers don't support it but how does Ballmer not make more money moving the Clippers to Seattle? They would go from afterthought to saviors.
I don't know the Financials, but Balmer was in on any rumor of any team the was up for sale. Always with the plan to move to Seattle. After he bought the Clippers he said he could not do it because the market was too good.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, and Ray Allen need their jerseys retired... NBA not the same without Seattle.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a shoe in.

4 championships and a DPOY. And you talk about him in like 80% of your posts. If he wasn’t so “famous” you wouldn’t feel the need to mention him.

Hall of “Fame”, not Hall of “Best Basketball Players”.

If Draymond played his career for the Pacers and had zero rings he wouldn’t be.

If Hawkins played his career with the Warriors and had 4? Then he might have a shot.

It is what it is.
I liken Hawkins to be a Mitch Richmond/Ray Allen type if he played today. Both players I have well ahead of Draymond on the all-time list. You’re bound to not believe Richmond/Allen would be as good if they played today, but the general consensus believes otherwise…

Of course, there’s also the factor that being in the HOF isn’t a guarantee to garner respect from @tlance. You’re already on word for saying Toni Kukoc wouldn’t be in the HOF if he was an American. By that standard you’re also bound to say that Becky Hammon wouldn’t be in if she were a dude.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liken Hawkins to be a Mitch Richmond/Ray Allen type if he played today. Both players I have well ahead of Draymond on the all-time list. You’re bound to not believe Richmond/Allen would be as good if they played today, but the general consensus believes otherwise…

Of course, there’s also the factor that being in the HOF isn’t a guarantee to garner respect from @tlance. You’re already on word for saying Toni Kukoc wouldn’t be in the HOF if he was an American. By that standard you’re also bound to say that Becky Hammon wouldn’t be in if she were a dude.
He's trying to communicate I just KNOW it!