• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shoud LeBron retire?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is aging. Still good and this Finals he put on a performance I had been waiting to see him perform since day 1 in Miami..Had he done so LeBron has 6 rings right now, (4 in Miami, 2 in Cleveland). But he is getting old for the leagues age.
He's superhuman. Had Danny Ferry not wasted his first 7 years by refusing to give him any running mates whatsover, he'd have way more rings. More than anyone, most likely.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's superhuman. Had Danny Ferry not wasted his first 7 years by refusing to give him any running mates whatsover, he'd have way more rings. More than anyone, most likely.
Dude, the guy played with Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade and only won 2 rings...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the last time Lebron wasn't in the finals? Chip Kelly was a no-name CFB coach.
Yeah, given all those opportunities he's only won 3 titles....

Dude has gone through more head coaches then the years he's been attending Finals.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, given all those opportunities he's only won 3 titles....

Dude has gone through more head coaches then the years he's been attending Finals.
1 ring in Cleveland >>>> 6 rings in Chicago

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT'S CLEVELAND. HE SHOULD BE KNIGHTED FOR THIS.
Different time period. Really money is so large in all areas in this or any sport that the "small market" teams are really no longer existent. Basically, you have management that will willing to spend the money and are capable, you can get yourself a title.

In this case, Cleveland had an owner who got stabbed in the back by his player, trashed that player publically for 4 years, then welcomed him back with open arms 4 years later. Now that player won him a title and seemingly everyone has forgotten.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, Lebron is not evil. He's genuinely a good guy. Who cares if he went to Miami? Lots of people have done much worse things in life. At the end of the day it's just a game. I think we can all agree that he will go down as one of the best ever regardless of what happens from here on out. I mean he has been the face of the sport for the past decade.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 ring in Cleveland >>>> 6 rings in Chicago

People put way too much stock in the overall ring count as a definer of individual greatness.

Sure, LeBron probably should have got 1 more when he was in Miami, but he has been the underdog every year in Cleveland and won this year with a vastly inferior team. This title is more impressive than any 1 of Jordan's 6. That does not mean LeBron has the superior legacy, but he just locked himself in the all time top 5 (I think top 3) with room to grow.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron could break the NBA All-Time scoring record. That might be a reason to stay.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,131.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little out there, but really, what else does he have to accomplish? He came through on his promise, he went out with one of the best Final series performances in decades, he brought his city (regardless of his past actions of stabbing them in the back) a title that they had not seen in 50+ years.

What else can he do? Go back and win another title for Cleveland? Get them to another Finals winning 3 straight Eastern Conference Finals? What if he comes back next year and Cleveland doesn't get a ring, or doesn't win the conference, or doesn't even get to the ECF?

LeBron has always desired to be the loveable good guy and loved by all the NBA fans. Well, he goes out now and everyone will remember him for what he did in this series. Absolutely beast. He comes back and any sort of non title or a player on this roster leaving and it leaves room for the haters to say the reason Cleveland won the title in 2016 was because of so and so.

I don't like LeBron at all, but what an amazing performance after being down 3-1 to the defending champions.
I agree he doesnt have much more to accomplish. but I dont think you can retire as young as he is. I think he just needs to grind through another few years and hopefully win more rings. but now he may not feel obligated to stay in Cleveland and win that city another one

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think money matters to LeBron. I mean the man took a pay cut to win titles in Miami. LeBron has always wanted to be accepted and loved by basketball fans. I think his legacy means more to him then money.

sure it does. dude always said he wanted to be a billionaire...

tells me the money's DEFINITELY important...

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, Lebron is not evil. He's genuinely a good guy. Who cares if he went to Miami? Lots of people have done much worse things in life. At the end of the day it's just a game. I think we can all agree that he will go down as one of the best ever regardless of what happens from here on out. I mean he has been the face of the sport for the past decade.
The people who rip him so much are the people who are genuinely the most ignorant. Off the court, he's a phenomenal person, and I think that pisses people off even more. They want to hate him so bad but he's just a good guy. Oh well, I'm sure he sleeps just fine at night.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little out there, but really, what else does he have to accomplish? He came through on his promise, he went out with one of the best Final series performances in decades, he brought his city (regardless of his past actions of stabbing them in the back) a title that they had not seen in 50+ years.

What else can he do? Go back and win another title for Cleveland? Get them to another Finals winning 3 straight Eastern Conference Finals? What if he comes back next year and Cleveland doesn't get a ring, or doesn't win the conference, or doesn't even get to the ECF?

LeBron has always desired to be the loveable good guy and loved by all the NBA fans. Well, he goes out now and everyone will remember him for what he did in this series. Absolutely beast. He comes back and any sort of non title or a player on this roster leaving and it leaves room for the haters to say the reason Cleveland won the title in 2016 was because of so and so.

I don't like LeBron at all, but what an amazing performance after being down 3-1 to the defending champions.

I thought eventually you would get a little smarter...I was very wrong :L

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he isn't

but unless he wins another title next year in Cleveland, what else could he do?

Going out on top like this is rarely rarely ever done, but sometimes is extremely wise.

Easy to say when it is not your money. Also - the goal of anyone in LaBron's situation is to match Jordan's titles or at least come as close as possible.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are chances cavs make it back? they are kinda locked in outside of lebron. jr opted out. i think he would want to match jordan with rings. hell does lebron even come back?

J.R. might comeback now, I would think Delly comes back. They lose Jefferson. They could replace RJ with a veteran guy possibly or a MLE guy, other than that the team stays pretty much the same.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is aging. Still good and this Finals he put on a performance I had been waiting to see him perform since day 1 in Miami..Had he done so LeBron has 6 rings right now, (4 in Miami, 2 in Cleveland). But he is getting old for the leagues age.

He is still only 31, and if he continues to keep in great shape he still should have a lot left in the tank. Did you see anything in this series to indicate that he still can't dominate the game for quite a while?