• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shohei Ohtani Contract

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well start now.... Is $50 million per year too much?

1688259071572.png

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see him getting an equity share in a new contract along with a huge AAV.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at this in a fantasy baseball perspective---- you are basically getting a star pitcher and a star hitter together. In my keeper league- a typical high level all star that is not kept goes in the high 60's. For Ohtani- it almost makes sense he should go for 120....you are getting both elite pitching and hiting- and saving a roster spot.

10 years 600 seems a reasonable starting place.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are saying that he could get a billion dollar contract.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First things first. With Trout out for a couple of months, possibly, will the Angels trade Ohtani before the deadline? If so, to whom and for what package?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First things first. With Trout out for a couple of months, possibly, will the Angels trade Ohtani before the deadline? If so, to whom and for what package
If they were smart, they would.

Problem now is, no team is going to give up any significant package unless Ohtani agrees to a contract extension with the new team.

Angels should’ve traded him last trade deadline when he was still under contract for 1 1/2 years and the Angels were going nowhere.

They are delusional to think he will re-sign with them.

And if they don’t trade him, they let a generational player walk for almost nothing ( they will get a compensatory 1st round pick ).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were smart, they would.

Problem now is, no team is going to give up any significant package unless Ohtani agrees to a contract extension with the new team.

Angels should’ve traded him last trade deadline when he was still under contract for 1 1/2 years and the Angels were going nowhere.

They are delusional to think he will re-sign with them.

And if they don’t trade him, they let a generational player walk for almost nothing ( they will get a compensatory 1st round pick ).
you could still get a very good package for Ohtani---- but it wont be what the Pads gave away for Soto......still would be at least 2 great prospects I would think.

Angels should trade for Bieber---- was looking at their minors though- not sure they have very much there to be honest.

is Jo Adell a post-hype guy or just false hope?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First things first. With Trout out for a couple of months, possibly, will the Angels trade Ohtani before the deadline? If so, to whom and for what package?
I would love if a dark horse team just rented him like the O's or Rangers or Marlins. That would be fun.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you could still get a very good package for Ohtani---- but it wont be what the Pads gave away for Soto......still would be at least 2 great prospects I would think.

Angels should trade for Bieber---- was looking at their minors though- not sure they have very much there to be honest.

Adell is false hope.

Every time he is called up, he has been subpar

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bieber is a good starting point and he is only 28. Cleveland would give away prospects for Ohtani, problem is they are still cheap. They will never pay a player $50M/year. They have plenty of room in the payroll to do it bc they haven't spent for years.

Bieber, Valera, Bibbee & Angel Martinez

@WiggyRuss is this enough?

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an agent's wet dream. You're getting a big bat and a Cy Young caliber pitcher. You're getting two stars in one player and will have to pay for both.

The only counterargument I can think of is he might not have as much longevity while playing every day and pitching every 5th or 6th day. But a DH doesn't get much wear and tear.

I could easily see $60 million/yr if not more.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the M’s might try to make a play at him, but it’s all rumors at this point …

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an agent's wet dream. You're getting a big bat and a Cy Young caliber pitcher. You're getting two stars in one player and will have to pay for both.

The only counterargument I can think of is he might not have as much longevity while playing every day and pitching every 5th or 6th day. But a DH doesn't get much wear and tear.

I could easily see $60 million/yr if not more.

Very glad that said agent is not Scott Boras for once.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK let's first remember the list of teams that can write this check and that he'd realistically play for is pretty small.

Dodgers are top of the list easy. Other contenders are Giants, Mets, Yankees, Mariners, Padres, Cubs, mayyybe Rangers. And then the Angels are still possible to re-sign him (but quite unlikely). He has said he wants to forge his own path not retrace Ichiro's steps so Mariners are out. Cubs probably too, pretty sure he's going to want to be on a coast but maybe not. Yankees just signed Judge. Mets signed everyone but that owner is rich as hell so they are in play.

Honestly to me it's Dodgers the massive favorite with long shots for the Giants or Mets, maybe Padres.

He's going to the Dodgers for something like 10/600 IMO

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK let's first remember the list of teams that can write this check and that he'd realistically play for is pretty small.

Dodgers are top of the list easy. Other contenders are Giants, Mets, Yankees, Mariners, Padres, Cubs, mayyybe Rangers. And then the Angels are still possible to re-sign him (but quite unlikely). He has said he wants to forge his own path not retrace Ichiro's steps so Mariners are out. Cubs probably too, pretty sure he's going to want to be on a coast but maybe not. Yankees just signed Judge. Mets signed everyone but that owner is rich as hell so they are in play.

Honestly to me it's Dodgers the massive favorite with long shots for the Giants or Mets, maybe Padres.

He's going to the Dodgers for something like 10/600 IMO

Ichiro forged a nearly equally inept path of winning as the Angels currently have.

Hed forge his own path by just consistently getting the Ms to the playoffs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you guys think a package for Ohtani would have to be to rent him for 1/2 a season?

I would obviously think less than the Padres gave up for Soto who had 2 1/2 seasons of control.

I think the basement would be 2 top 100 guys--- and that would heavily depend on how highly they were rated, plus some younger guys as well.

My Cleveland package would lead off with Logan Allen and Brayan Rocchio.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you guys think a package for Ohtani would have to be to rent him for 1/2 a season?

I would obviously think less than the Padres gave up for Soto who had 2 1/2 seasons of control.

I think the basement would be 2 top 100 guys--- and that would heavily depend on how highly they were rated, plus some younger guys as well.

My Cleveland package would lead off with Logan Allen and Brayan Rocchio.
Sounds about right but since there's no chance of signing him do you really want to rent him for 2 months at that price? 1/3 a season not 1/2.