• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shit's getting real!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get rid of the coach. Bring Phil back into the fold. Start turning this bitch around!

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone but D'antoni. Brian Shaw might be near impossible but Byron Scott free and at TWC. As is James Worthy for that matter.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B. Scott can coach. Not sure about Worthy. Don't think he's ever shown any interest.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, four posts and no mention of how it's a lock Kevin Love is a Laker next summer. :shocked:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to A. Martinez on ESPN LA 710am after the game Vs the Clippers & he brought up some stat's that were pretty interesting on Dumbtoni. He said That Dumbtoni's Suns teams through 2004-2008 were ranked almost 1 in the league in scoring at 110 pts. per game & were ranked almost dead last on defense despite being a high scoring team. Then he talked about when those Suns teams went to the playoffs & faced teams like The Spurs & Mavs those teams scoring avg. went up by 10 more points becauase the Suns did not play any defense & these teams played defense Vs them in the playoff's. So the Sun's weren't averaging 110 points a game anymore in the playoffs, while the other team was scoring more now 110 point per game in the playoffs. This is why they got knocked 2 years in the 1st round & 2 years in the WCF. :L

It was pretty interesting the way he explained it, It's obvious his not a championship coach & has many flaws that will not ever help us win a title, plain & simple. If we are going to rebuild we need a new coach & he is right there in the booth on TWC SN next to James Worthy & he knows the franchise along with Rambis & Madsen. Byron Scott come on down please!

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Likely muchado about nothing. They're on schedule. You want to lose right now. But I'd like to think the meetings went like this:

Mitch to D'Antoni: "We're letting you go as soon as this season is over. Like right after the final horn sounds don't bother going to the locker room"

Mitch to Jim Buss: STFU, we're firing D'Antoni.

And btw, this isn't really directed to anyone here but more about what I see from Lakers fans in general; people really need to get over "legacy" hires. Just because a guy use to be with the franchise doesn't mean he can coach. All it means is he likely knows the best places to eat in LA. That's it. You're missing out on loads of great coaches by hoping for a dude that's been with the Lakers before. This ain't college. Who cares if they have previous affiliation or not. Just win.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, there are other "non-Laker" candidates to consider. Hell, just about anyone would be an improvement over D'Antoni, but guys like Scott, for example, would make a good coach despite their Laker ties.

Lakers obviously need to fire D'Antoni and hogtie little Buss and throw him in an ice chest.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something clearly has to change. How on earth can a team give up at least 130 points in three consecutive games?

Another thing got me thinking re: injuries: I firmly believe D'Antoni's practise routines play a big part in getting player re-injured. This team is younger than it has been in years and still we're losing 22 year olds by the bucket load.

New coach and the injuries go away too!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B. Scott can coach. Not sure about Worthy. Don't think he's ever shown any interest.

Big Game James is quite possibly the only basketball player besides Dominique who was more addicted to pussy than Magic. Ain't no way James will be coaching anytime soon.

Fire Asshole and hire Phil and there will be an explosion of excitement instantly. That said, Phil isn't dumb enough to take on a reclamation project. He's too old and tired to take on a 3-5 yr project. Our moves over the last couple of years have set us up for a longer-than-necessary rebuilding project. We should have started it two years ago, but you know, we're the Lakers so we can never just admit to rebuilding.

Fire Asshole, send Kobe home to lay on the beach, hire Phil or Brian and let's get this fucker going again.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately Shaw is under contract for another two years after this season. Happy to have B Scott take the reigns for a while though.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryon Scott is overrated and hasn't been a good coach since 2003. The last couple of teams he's been with his players have flat out quit on him. He'd be pretty far down on my list.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryon Scott is overrated and hasn't been a good coach since 2003. The last couple of teams he's been with his players have flat out quit on him. He'd be pretty far down on my list.

He had CP3 and DWest, J Kidd among others to make him look good... Not sold either... I look at JVGundy Hollins and SVGundy... All have a history with big men and like defense...

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter who the coach is this team needs some players who can not only score some points, but can also play defense. They also need to get bigger. This makeover, or whatever you want to call it, may take some time.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get your hopes up....but on FirstTake this morning, Stephen A. Smith said that one of his sources informed him that Dantoni would be OUT as coach of the Lakers following this season. Such news caused me to YELL YESSS upon hearing it, but Stephen A did say that the Lakers are standing by their position of not making a change during the season, but he's sticking by his source that said Dantoni would be OUT. It was my position all along that Dantoni wouldn't be around once it was time to build a title contending team, so either after this season or the next I expected a change. This may also mean that they'd chase after Melo as well if they dump Dantoni. NOW, if they could get Melo at a REDUCED rate then I guess so, but if we're talking about a max deal then no way would I do it

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for a new coach, I'd personally want Byron Scott. I disagree that he's overated. Did a good job with the Nets, had the Spurs down 3-2 in the conference semis in 08, and NOBODY was going to have any success with the post Lebron Cavaliers. Plus, if you guys are so focused on Exum..Byron scott runs a PG type system. The thing is this, whoever we get in here needs to embrace defense...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get your hopes up....but on FirstTake this morning, Stephen A. Smith said that one of his sources informed him that Dantoni would be OUT as coach of the Lakers following this season. Such news caused me to YELL YESSS upon hearing it, but Stephen A did say that the Lakers are standing by their position of not making a change during the season, but he's sticking by his source that said Dantoni would be OUT. It was my position all along that Dantoni wouldn't be around once it was time to build a title contending team, so either after this season or the next I expected a change. This may also mean that they'd chase after Melo as well if they dump Dantoni. NOW, if they could get Melo at a REDUCED rate then I guess so, but if we're talking about a max deal then no way would I do it

:hope:

That would be awesome!!!