• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seriously, WTF is up with the Florida schools

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can continue to offer excuses and sugarcoat it, but still no excuse for UF or FSU to finish outside the top 10 in recruiting.

Mullen and Taggart did a shitty job. Bottom line. They won’t be beating UGA or Clemson for some time without better recruiting.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've debated exactly that with many a fellow alumnus. Florida is destined for greatness as the top public U in a large and growing state. Do we want that greatness to look like UCLA, with vast National Championships across all sports, highly respected academics and a football program that is downright lethargic?
Or, do we want Florida sports to look more like Alabama - a shitty university with an unstoppable football program teaming with bandwagon retard fans sporting mullets and GEDs?

I was on the fence about it for awhile until I realized that we don't have to choose. Because of the great CFB recruiting in FL, we can be a football juggernaut as well as great at everything else. Moreover, I'm convinced the new AD will be able to figure out how to have it all.

In the next 10 years, the University of Florida will be ranked in the top 5 publics academically, win another CFB NC and maintain our dominance in other sports...and there's not a Goddamned thing the competition can do about it.

maxresdefault.jpg
That bell tower still looking solid as usual dad..... :dhd:

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really the case though, most of the top talent went out of state.

ESPN Football Recruiting - Player Rankings - ESPN
LSU has gotten their fair share of talent from Florida.

Florida State- Just lost a great coach and hired a mediocre one.

Florida- New hire although I think I saw some Florida fans saying he isn’t a great recruiter.

Miami- Mark Richt failed to sign his own nephew so what does that say about him and his staff?

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That bell tower still looking solid as usual dad..... :dhd:

You want a Bell Tower pic? Well then, by all means....

university-of-florida.jpg

I may have gone off topic a little, but threads that take 4 and 5 star recruit ratings over-seriously have proven a joke year after freakin' year.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cryami is a dead program.

It would appear all of the talk of their resurgence, that came when they started 10-0 and rose to #2 in the polls last November, were greatly exaggerated. Since that time, they lost their last 3 games of 2017 and have gone 7-8 overall. Along with the disastrous recruiting, they had an insane amount of decommits in this class.

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early signing day is as good as done, with most of the big targets off the board.

FSU has the 14th ranked class
Florida has the 16th ranked class
Miami has the 37th ranked class

Arguably the most talent rich state in the country, and not a single team from the state can come close to cracking the top 10?

Combined they've signed 1 5 star and 24 3 stars
very good point. You could probably visit 28 different HS in Florida and sign the best player at each school and have better classes than those guys got. Aren't you leaving off the Florida state champ? UCF??? Just say'n

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very good point. You could probably visit 28 different HS in Florida and sign the best player at each school and have better classes than those guys got. Aren't you leaving off the Florida state champ? UCF??? Just say'n

The point made in the thread, Tidergirl, was UF and FSU probably DID go to the largest high schools and sign the best player from several because that is a lot more reliable than the star-ranking method. If you have a great prospect coming up, the last thing you want is for him to be noticed in the high rankings.

Tigity

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama, UGA, Clemson, OSU all have a strong bagman game. Florida schools have slipped because they thought they could rely in just having the talent in their backyard.
The bag is a stronger draw than the home town team pull these days.

UF, FSU and Miami better up their bagman game or get left in the dust.

Tigity

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will also make the poiint that IMG kids are often not local products and skews things a bit. Making them ripe for the carpet baggers from Bama UGA Clemson OSU etc.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama, UGA, Clemson, OSU all have a strong bagman game. Florida schools have slipped because they thought they could rely in just having the talent in their backyard.
The bag is a stronger draw than the home town team pull these days.

UF, FSU and Miami better up their bagman game or get left in the dust.
I'm pretty sure FSU has bagmen flowing. Little Willie is just struggling atm.

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point made in the thread, Tidergirl, was UF and FSU probably DID go to the largest high schools and sign the best player from several because that is a lot more reliable than the star-ranking method. If you have a great prospect coming up, the last thing you want is for him to be noticed in the high rankings.
I know I was just being a smart ass...

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've debated exactly that with many a fellow alumnus. Florida is destined for greatness as the top public U in a large and growing state. Do we want that greatness to look like UCLA, with vast National Championships across all sports, highly respected academics and a football program that is downright lethargic?
Or, do we want Florida sports to look more like Alabama - a shitty university with an unstoppable football program teaming with bandwagon retard fans sporting mullets and GEDs?

I was on the fence about it for awhile until I realized that we don't have to choose. Because of the great CFB recruiting in FL, we can be a football juggernaut as well as great at everything else. Moreover, I'm convinced the new AD will be able to figure out how to have it all.

In the next 10 years, the University of Florida will be ranked in the top 5 publics academically, win another CFB NC and maintain our dominance in other sports...and there's not a Goddamned thing the competition can do about it.

maxresdefault.jpg

Delusions of grandeur much?

In it's glory days, Florida had more jort wearing, mullet coiffed, wife-beater adorned faithful than any team in America.

Lucky for those of us that live in this state , those days are not coming back. Good thing, I was running out of eye bleach.

Congrats on your awesome tennis and swimming teams....

gator-jorts.jpg

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In it's glory days, Florida had more jort wearing, mullet coiffed, wife-beater adorned faithful than any team in America.

Lucky for those of us that live in this state , those days are not coming back. Good thing, I was running out of eye bleach.

gator-jorts.jpg

No lie, and not being a smartass.

All the Florida fans I knew in high school(class of 09) are now Bama fans.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gator-jorts.jpg

Are you new to the interwebs? It was determined, probably a decade ago, that pic was taken at the UF/UGAy game with dawgs fans all around. It's fake news, bitch!

85ba92641446e1bc17841235bce01f87--funny-ha-ha-its-funny.jpg
This is real doe.

Last edited:

stabnburn

Moderately-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cryami is a dead program.

It would appear all of the talk of their resurgence, that came when they started 10-0 and rose to #2 in the polls last November, were greatly exaggerated. Since that time, they lost their last 3 games of 2017 and have gone 7-8 overall. Along with the disastrous recruiting, they had an insane amount of decommits in this class.
I saw a graphic on a gator site that showed the decommits stacked up next to the commits. The "decommit class" was ranked higher lol

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No lie, and not being a smartass.

All the Florida fans I knew in high school(class of 09) are now Bama fans.

That happens pretty quickly after the rejection letter comes from UF. Now, they can all install sod with those who actually graduated from Bama. Clemson, too!

Duckdude73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As talent rich as Georgia is as a state, I believe UGA signed players from 10 different states yesterday. That's how you hit the big time in recruiting. I'm confident very few schools can claim that level of national recruiting.

That’s exactly our state count as well ironically. Cali the most but kids from all over, this has been our way for a while now but MC has upped the ante in terms of the level of kid we will target from these places.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Foley and UF were trying to run an actual university that served all the students.....not just the football team.

exactly. and just look where that stupid shit got us.