• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seriously, WTF is up with the Florida schools

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those schools also put a great emphasis on bullshit women's sports, counting olympic participants, etc....like our former AD always did.

Maybe it was the season before last I saw some statistic like "of the 13 Fall sports in which UF participates, we're ranked in the top 10 Nationally in all but 2." One of those two was football - the sport that makes money for the rest.
In the Spring, we were in the top 10 ranked for ALL sports. So, we can't really bitch about our former AD, but his indifference to a top CFB program was frustrating.

All currently active Florida sports ranked in the Top 10

Oh I can bitch about him. Don't you fret about that.

Like most of our alums and fans....I would trade all the titles in all the other sports except men's basketball and baseball each year for one more win in football. I couldn't give the slightest shit about women's intercollegiate hopscotch or whatever other sport we're supposed to care about. Football is what really matters. Bleeding football dry to prop up sports nobody cares about was the stupidest thing ever. I wish Foley on all our competitors.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on what you think the AD's job should be. Does he serve the entire university athletic community or just football fans? Non-football student/athletes deserve nice things too.

Yes.....I know football brings in the big bucks.

Serving the whole community at a football school like Florida means serving football. Whatever table scraps are left over can go to the rest. That is what will make our fans and alums happy.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably our best Recruiting Class ever.

I'm so pumped. Especially getting the all time best Hawaiian QB from the same HS as MM^2.

#UCFacts

Your "best class ever" was rated 6 spots below Vanderbilt's.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you new to the interwebs? It was determined, probably a decade ago, that pic was taken at the UF/UGAy game with dawgs fans all around. It's fake news, bitch!

85ba92641446e1bc17841235bce01f87--funny-ha-ha-its-funny.jpg
This is real doe.

One jort wearing mullet toting Floridian is much like another. I can run over to Pasco County if you want and scare up a score at any of a hundred trailer parks...or you could just tune in to A&E...you'll see quite a few on PD Live. There might not be as many sporting the blue and orange...but that's because y'all suck, they probably have move on to Golden Knights shit.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That happens pretty quickly after the rejection letter comes from UF. Now, they can all install sod with those who actually graduated from Bama. Clemson, too!

LOL, you have a 47.5% acceptance rate, slow your roll Harvard of the South.

75% of the 47.5% took Florida because they got rejected by their first choice.

Unless of course they are jort wearing Pasco County trailer trash...then they aspire to the mediocrity of Gainesville.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless of course they are jort wearing Pasco County trailer trash...then they aspire to the mediocrity of Gainesville.

Of course, a lot are discouraged from even applying to UF because they know they have no choice.

UF is the #8 rated public university in America and #35 overall.

Slow your roll.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, a lot are discouraged from even applying to UF because they know they have no choice.

UF is the #8 rated public university in America and #35 overall.

Slow your roll.

I'm sure all of jort nation is proud of your ranking.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha. Well, now you're just plain angry.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I can bitch about him. Don't you fret about that.

Like most of our alums and fans....I would trade all the titles in all the other sports except men's basketball and baseball each year for one more win in football. I couldn't give the slightest shit about women's intercollegiate hopscotch or whatever other sport we're supposed to care about. Football is what really matters. Bleeding football dry to prop up sports nobody cares about was the stupidest thing ever. I wish Foley on all our competitors.

I despised Foley, but he has a few backers on this site so I'm measured about it.

I worked at Citigroup Global with Charlie Casey - Spurrier's favorite receiver back in his playing days and one of his best pals. They kept a monthly golf date right up until Charlie died a few years ago.

Charlie told me about how Spurrier wanted to come back to UF after his jaunt in the NFL. However, he hated Foley so-damned-much that his only real stipulation for returning as HC was Foley being replaced. Of course, the board wouldn't do it and the rest is miserable history. Spurrier felt Foley was making it near impossible for him to build NC teams and put UF at a constant disadvantage...for many reasons which you listed.

Foley was a bucktoothed retard who came up through the box office and ass-kissed his way to the big job. Thank goodness he's gone and things will get better.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh good. Bama looked like they had a rough go on the recruiting trail today. Hopefully that will help.
Hey we finished 6th last year in recruiting! We need all the help we can get

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early signing day is as good as done, with most of the big targets off the board.

FSU has the 14th ranked class
Florida has the 16th ranked class
Miami has the 37th ranked class

Arguably the most talent rich state in the country, and not a single team from the state can come close to cracking the top 10?

Combined they've signed 1 5 star and 24 3 stars

Top two reasons: 1) There are better coaches & better programs just across the state lines in Alabama & Georgia that can raid Florida for its more talented players; and,
2) The big 3 Florida schools have not kept up, facilities-wise, but still had the expectations that their programs would keep rolling along with minimal support.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top two reasons: 1) There are better coaches & better programs just across the state lines in Alabama & Georgia that can raid Florida for its more talented players; and,
2) The big 3 Florida schools have not kept up, facilities-wise, but still had the expectations that their programs would keep rolling along with minimal support.

#2 is true. #1 is not. There are programs currently in better shape thanks to their administrations having made a commitment to winning. You can say Saban is better than anybody else in the game right now. You can't say that about Gus or Kirby. Neither has ever won the big one.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2 is true. #1 is not. There are programs currently in better shape thanks to their administrations having made a commitment to winning. You can say Saban is better than anybody else in the game right now. You can't say that about Gus or Kirby. Neither has ever won the big one.

Neither has anyone currently coaching at the 3 big Florida schools. But Kirby and Gus are more accomplished than Mullen or Taggart, Richt's major accomplishments were over a decade ago.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither has anyone currently coaching at the 3 big Florida schools. But Kirby and Gus are more accomplished than Mullen or Taggart, Richt's major accomplishments were over a decade ago.

Is Kirby more accomplished than Mullen? UGA and Mississippi State are not exactly an apples to apples comparison.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like to really answer this question we first need to answer “what the fuck is up with Florida?”

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Kirby more accomplished than Mullen? UGA and Mississippi State are not exactly an apples to apples comparison.

While that is true, Mullen has still never won anything. Getting Miss State to relevancy is impressive, but at the same time, he's never won the conference or the division or made the playoffs or played for a Natty. Kirby has. Both have won multiple natties as assistants.

Really, it could be argued that Butch Davis is the most accomplished HC of a Florida school.