• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Self Righteous SEC Network Commercial

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see if the $$$ thing is true, but the big 12 is still around and making plenty of money. Have fun watching vanderbilt vs kentucky, and maybe 1 UGA related game a week.
Watching Iowa State vs TU has been interesting the past few years.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Iowa State vs TU has been interesting the past few years.

hahaha you wannabe aggie. Actually Iowa state vs UT was on espn2 last season, and was very exciting. FYI Big 12 schools still sell their tier 3 rights, and a lot of them are selling at a nice profit.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see if the $$$ thing is true, but the big 12 is still around and making plenty of money. Have fun watching vanderbilt vs kentucky, and maybe 1 UGA related game a week.

As opposed to watching N. Texas @ Texas and Iowa St @ Texas? :twitch:

Iowa St fans won't even get to see that game unless they pay for expanded services on Mediacom.

The conference networks are about more than watching games. BTN is on basic cable. There is no extra fee.

In my cable tier that has ESPNU. The Big 10 Network, PAC 12 Network, and SEC Network are bundled.

There will never be the LHN in that tier outside the region of Texas. Ever.

A Big XII Network would also get bundled in there, but it doesn't look like that's ever going to be an entity.

Nobody gives a flying fuck about Texas sports (as a sole entity) other than Texas fans.

Give me Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Baylor, Kansas St, Texas Tech, TCU, WVU, Kansas, and Iowa St as an 'entire' Big XII network, then I'm in.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Others have already schooled you on the quality of content issue. I'll just add that with 14 teams, I am pretty sure that the overall content of the SEC Network will be a lot more interesting than UT all the time, to everyone other than UT fans.

As for Vandy v. Kentucky, as a Vandy grad, I will be glad to be able to watch that game. Thanks.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As opposed to watching N. Texas @ Texas and Iowa St @ Texas? :twitch:

Iowa St fans won't even get to see that game unless they pay for expanded services on Mediacom.

The conference networks are about more than watching games. BTN is on basic cable. There is no extra fee.

In my cable tier that has ESPNU. The Big 10 Network, PAC 12 Network, and SEC Network are bundled.

There will never be the LHN in that tier outside the region of Texas. Ever.

A Big XII Network would also get bundled in there, but it doesn't look like that's ever going to be an entity.

Nobody gives a flying fuck about Texas sports (as a sole entity) other than Texas fans.

Give me Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Baylor, Kansas St, Texas Tech, TCU, WVU, Kansas, and Iowa St as an 'entire' Big XII network, then I'm in.

I was waiting for a husker fan to take the burnt orange bait. First, you missed the point. A UGA fan doesn't care about vandy vs kentucky, that's why i made my comment. Yes, most of you little people won't watch UT vs N Texas, the point is my team has it's own network, so we don't share it with anybody. Its all UT, all the time. As for your cable comment, LHN is available everywhere, and will probably be bundled with SEC network. And yes, these networks are focused more on their regions. For example i have to pay extra if i want the pac 12 network, but LHN comes basic. i'm sure its opposite on the west coast, and so on.

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha you wannabe aggie. Actually Iowa state vs UT was on espn2 last season, and was very exciting. FYI Big 12 schools still sell their tier 3 rights, and a lot of them are selling at a nice profit.
I know it was...ISU almost proved what a poser TU was...3-9 team lost by 1.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think you are quite understanding so let me break it down for you:

- Texas is making 15mm for their 3 tier rights
- If projections hold every SEC Team will receive around 20mm for theirs through the network
- The math works out like this 20mm - 15mm = 5mm (more than Texas is getting)

If there is 5mm deficient now between the SEC schools and Texas then nobody in the Big 12 has a shot of even coming close with their 3rd tier rights. So what does this show us:

Conference Networks > Individual Deals
Vandy 3rd Tier Rights > Texas 3rd Tier Rights (think about that one for a while)
Texas A&M Network Money > Texas Network Money

I give this 2 years before the rest of the Big 12 is ready to strangle Texas for having the LHN and screwing everyone else.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch old PAC 10 and Big 10 replays frequently on their respective networks. It doesn't even have to be a game. I will do the same when they throw the switch turning on the SEC Network. I called the cable company to ask if they were going to bundle the SEC Network into their tier that included ESPNU. The answer was yes and that they'd been fielding numerous similar calls.

I asked about the LHN and the lady said there has been no interest, thus no intention to carry it.

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was waiting for a husker fan to take the burnt orange bait. First, you missed the point. A UGA fan doesn't care about vandy vs kentucky, that's why i made my comment. Yes, most of you little people won't watch UT vs N Texas, the point is my team has it's own network, so we don't share it with anybody. Its all UT, all the time. As for your cable comment, LHN is available everywhere, and will probably be bundled with SEC network. And yes, these networks are focused more on their regions. For example i have to pay extra if i want the pac 12 network, but LHN comes basic. i'm sure its opposite on the west coast, and so on.
SEC Network will have 45 games...how many will LHN have? 2?

I know it's hard to believe...but some schools are interested in how their conference goes as it does bring prestige to their school as well....if you don't think that, go to the MWC or WAC and see how good you would do in the Playoffs...

And from where I came from, your comment would be known as trolling...not baiting. :pound:

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you are quite understanding so let me break it down for you:

- Texas is making 15mm for their 3 tier rights
- If projections hold every SEC Team will receive around 20mm for theirs through the network- The math works out like this 20mm - 15mm = 5mm (more than Texas is getting)

If there is 5mm deficient now between the SEC schools and Texas then nobody in the Big 12 has a shot of even coming close with their 3rd tier rights. So what does this show us:

Conference Networks > Individual Deals
Vandy 3rd Tier Rights > Texas 3rd Tier Rights (think about that one for a while)
Texas A&M Network Money > Texas Network Money

I give this 2 years before the rest of the Big 12 is ready to strangle Texas for having the LHN and screwing everyone else.

You are going off a made up number, hence why i said we'll see. From what i keep reading each school has to spend money to build tv studios for the SEC network, is this true? Again, have fun sharing 1 network, its cute that 14 smaller schools grouped together for a network.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC Network will have 45 games...how many will LHN have? 2?

I know it's hard to believe...but some schools are interested in how their conference goes as it does bring prestige to their school as well....if you don't think that, go to the MWC or WAC and see how good you would do in the Playoffs...

And from where I came from, your comment would be known as trolling...not baiting. :pound:

Yeah, and lucky for me the better Big 12 games are on Fox, espn, and abc so i can still keep up with my conference. Games are good for a network, but i love all the behind the scenes stuff i get from having our own network. Also every home baseball game is now on TV, as is every bball game not on regular tv. I bet LSU fans would love to watch every LSU baseball game, instead of sharing a network. Be honest, you all would rather have your own network, just go the kstate model and do it digitally if you can't land an ESPN deal.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hmmmmmm. Vandy vs Kentucky or N. Texas @ Texas?

LMAO!!!

It's Vandy vs Kentucky all fucking day.

You know why?

Outside of Vandy vs Kentucky being a bigger impact game, N. Texas @ Texas will not even be available on my TV, because nobody gives two shits about the LHN network around here.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmmmmm. Vandy vs Kentucky or N. Texas @ Texas?

LMAO!!!

It's Vandy vs Kentucky all fucking day.

You know why?

Outside of Vandy vs Kentucky being a bigger impact game, N. Texas @ Texas will not even be available on my TV, because nobody gives two shits about the LHN network around here.

haha of course you missed the point. As much as you talk about Texas, I bet you would love the LHN.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are going off a made up number, hence why i said we'll see. From what i keep reading each school has to spend money to build tv studios for the SEC network, is this true? Again, have fun sharing 1 network, its cute that 14 smaller schools grouped together for a network.

I'm going to be correct and a shit storm will be brewing in the Big 12. Over at CBS all the Texas posters where convinced the SEC teams would never give up their 3rd tier rights and no way a conference network would be formed but guess what it happen.

The B1G launched with 20 million homes the SEC Network is going launch with 75 million plus. The numbers are going to be big and they are going to game changers.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha of course you missed the point. As much as you talk about Texas, I bet you would love the LHN.

And you would lose that bet.

I would love a Big XII Network tho.

The nice thing about having the PAC 10 and soon to be SEC networks is I get to get out of the Big 10 Network propaganda and see their propaganda.

I don't want to see lone Texas propaganda, but I'd like to see Big XII conference 'as a whole' propaganda. I get some Big XII programing on FoxSports Midwest, but it is very limited and I need to look far ahead on the scheduler to know when it's going to be on.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be correct and a shit storm will be brewing in the Big 12. Over at CBS all the Texas posters where convinced the SEC teams would never give up their 3rd tier rights and no way a conference network would be formed but guess what it happen.

The B1G launched with 20 million homes the SEC Network is going launch with 75 million plus. The numbers are going to be big and they are going to game changers.

So if the Big 12 teams get upset for not making as much as the SEC, does this mean the ACC, Big ten, and PAC 12 teams are all going to create a sh## storm? AS of now the Big 12 teams love the set up, get your own tier 3 deal that focuses on your team, its great.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you would lose that bet.

I would love a Big XII Network tho.

The nice thing about having the PAC 10 and soon to be SEC networks is I get to get out of the Big 10 Network propaganda and see their propaganda.

I don't want to see lone Texas propaganda, but I'd like to see Big XII conference 'as a whole' propaganda. I get some Big XII programing on FoxSports Midwest, but it is very limited and I need to look far ahead on the scheduler to know when it's going to be on.

LHN in nebraska is a big seller, if these msg boards are any indication.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume most of you have seen it. The one with Johnny Cash playing in the background.

It honestly makes me physically ill.

It's like a Paul Finebaum wet dream realized.

There really is no god.

Read this for meaning, penus-breath. That is a tremendous performance by the man in black. I'd listen to snippets of it even if it was advertising techniques for breeding better mules.

And another thing, Paul Finebaum is a parasitic life form. If you're so mambypambyfied that you'll puke rather than remove ticks from a suffering dog, then you don't deserve to own a dog, drive a truck, or watch CFB.

Finally, you're unsure of God's existence by God's own design. Damn, boy! What kind of religious education have you had?

:tsk::tsk:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably don't have that channel. Time Warner blows anus. I need to call and complain because I don't have the BTN either. :gaah:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the Big 12 teams get upset for not making as much as the SEC, does this mean the ACC, Big ten, and PAC 12 teams are all going to create a sh## storm? AS of now the Big 12 teams love the set up, get your own tier 3 deal that focuses on your team, its great.
Why would those conferences be upset? They have, or will have, their share of the conference network. It may not be as big as the SEC Network (or, in the case of the B1G it might even be bigger), but they will each be making as much or more than UT. And, they kept their conferences together.

You mentioned earlier that SEC fans wouldn't watch Vandy v. Kentucky. To the contrary, SEC fans are more likely to watch games involving other teams in their conference. It's the old "Team SEC" thing we catch shit about. But, as a UT fan that only cares for UT and not for anything else in the conference, I understand why this doesn't make sense to you.

Finally, you mention Vandy v. Ky as if that is the only level of game that will be shown. How about:

Arkansas @ Auburn
UCF @ Missouri
Kentucky @ Florida

and that's just through the first 3 weeks. There will be a dozen solid games that I and others will look forward to catching.