• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it three weeks ago, but I will say again...

Something at some point has to be the last straw, right?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffrey Loria was the guy who essentially destroyed the Montreal Expos, so he can FOADIAF as far as I'm concerned.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5gpr57jkt3gy.png

I fear that the words "irony" and "hypocrisy" have lost all their meaning in this world.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesnt this Loria/Kushner thing strike anybody as a public orchestration?

pay for kinda sorta no play going on?

ie Kushner family shows public "interest" in buying Marlins from Loria ... word "gets out" that Loria is going to become an ambassador ... Kushners pull back bid to buy the team and dont want any part of the "perceived" conflict of interest

meanwhile Loria is still gonna get his ambassadorship lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given how well Loria endeared himself to the public the last time he involved himself in a Francophone locale, I can only imagine his ambassadorship to France will be a huge success.

I imagine his background in art and relocation will result in the Louvre winding up in East Hampton in a few years (no, the Isles cannot play there).

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whomever disgraced Leslie Nielsen by putting dumbass's head on Frank Drebin needs a good beat down. Shame!

Umm that was me. Bring it tough guy!! I'll turn your spine into a jump rope. Then I'll use yer tongue to paint my boat.

EDIT: How the hell did I spell rope as "roap". :wtf:

Last edited:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm that was me. Bring it tough guy!! I'll turn your spine into a jump roap. Then I'll use yer tongue to paint my boat.
It's a topsy-turvy world, and maybe the problems of two people on a message board don't amount to a hill of beans. But this is our hill. And these are our beans!

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/...trist-demurs-on-trumps-mental-state.html?_r=0

To the Editor:

Fevered media speculation about Donald Trump’s psychological motivations and psychiatric diagnosis has recently encouraged mental health professionals to disregard the usual ethical constraints against diagnosing public figures at a distance. They have sponsored several petitions and a Feb. 14 letter to The New York Times suggesting that Mr. Trump is incapable, on psychiatric grounds, of serving as president.

Most amateur diagnosticians have mislabeled President Trump with the diagnosis of narcissistic personality disorder. I wrote the criteria that define this disorder, and Mr. Trump doesn’t meet them. He may be a world-class narcissist, but this doesn’t make him mentally ill, because he does not suffer from the distress and impairment required to diagnose mental disorder.

Mr. Trump causes severe distress rather than experiencing it and has been richly rewarded, rather than punished, for his grandiosity, self-absorption and lack of empathy. It is a stigmatizing insult to the mentally ill (who are mostly well behaved and well meaning) to be lumped with Mr. Trump (who is neither).

Bad behavior is rarely a sign of mental illness, and the mentally ill behave badly only rarely. Psychiatric name-calling is a misguided way of countering Mr. Trump’s attack on democracy. He can, and should, be appropriately denounced for his ignorance, incompetence, impulsivity and pursuit of dictatorial powers.

His psychological motivations are too obvious to be interesting, and analyzing them will not halt his headlong power grab. The antidote to a dystopic Trumpean dark age is political, not psychological.

ALLEN FRANCES

Coronado, Calif.

The writer, professor emeritus of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Duke University Medical College, was chairman of the task force that wrote the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders IV (D.S.M.-IV).

Status
Not open for further replies.