• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G1 0-0-0 Kings @ Sabres 10/10/24

King Mensa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy 24-25 season to you all!

May we see some good games this year! Kopitar setting up some sick goals. Kuemper making epic split legs glove save. Edmundson going coast to coast with a slap shot off the post goal!

May we hear a stories like the time Puck's lady friend sat on a toilet and in turn, broke to the toilet.

May SportsMensa try to get us to move over to another up and coming sports board.

May Datacloud be able to still go raving.

May someone not creep out maCallan25.

Let's go Stanley At Staples! Let's go Xis! Let's go Howdy!!!!

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the season begin!

Kings man-handled most of the game, evident by the total SOG (Buffalo is a huge team across the board). But Kuemper had a real solid game. Just hope the Kings don't burn him out the first 40 games of season like they did Talbot last year...

Nice to get 1st game under their belts, and to get 2 points, but definitely work to be done...

**Forgot who said it on an earlier thread, but does look like Edmundson might lead the league in cross-check penalties...

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS - happy 19th birthday to Ms Puck I, some of you hags were around when she was born. Hard to believe how quickly the time has flown by, she will be coming in from AZ tomorrow to spend the weekend with Pops.
Happy birthday! I remember when she was born for sure. My daughter was born weeks later on the 18 so her 19th is coming up shortly.

Fucking buster, pp giveaway for a breakaway SH.....

Meanwhile Stutzle has a G....just sayin ;p
Actually he got 2 with an empty netter. Still a minus -61 or something player.

Happy 24-25 season to you all!

May we see some good games this year! Kopitar setting up some sick goals. Kuemper making epic split legs glove save. Edmundson going coast to coast with a slap shot off the post goal!

May we hear a stories like the time Puck's lady friend sat on a toilet and in turn, broke to the toilet.

May SportsMensa try to get us to move over to another up and coming sports board.

May Datacloud be able to still go raving.

May someone not creep out maCallan25.

Let's go Stanley At Staples! Let's go Xis! Let's go Howdy!!!!
Where you been at? I figure you lurk the boards but you should post more often.

Just got done watching the game on the DVR. Kings with their C game but still managed to get out of town with 2 points. Better put in a better effort in Boston. Great overall game by Kopitar in all 3 zones. We're going to miss this guy in a couple of years. No points for Foegele but the dude has a great stick closing gaps and deflecting passes. I liked what I saw from Jeannot also. He brings the front net presence the Kings need and he was yapping at the Sabres all night. Byfield with a bad play on the PP zone entry but looked good otherwise and made a great pass to Kopitar for the hatty. Pretty good showing from Turcotte and Thomas also. Not such a good game by Fiala. He was forcing a lot and didn't see comfortable. I can see him and Jeannot switching spots at some point on this road trip if he doesn't jive with Byfield and Foegele. Don't need to say much about Kuemper that hasn't been said, played great.

And yes, The Kings may lead the league penalties this year with Edmundson hacking and wacking away on everyone.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he got 2 with an empty netter. Still a minus -61 or something player.

Fair point and it could be telling. Hes on a horrid team and a franchise that sucks as well. He also has as many PP points as Buster has career points. Imagine if he was on Kopistars wing or even Dunno the last few seasons. Buster may very well develope into a better player, but I dont think its good for an organization to draft in t5 hoping the guy will develop in 5 or 10 seasons. If Buster wss drafted 10-20, I would be ok with his development. I hope he earns his 6.25 cap hit, I am a Kings fan but the fact is he has been kid gloved the whole way and raised by a few of the best players you can hope to play with and he still has huge mental lapses, disappears for weeks then looks like Brown did when he was gonna be traded and then disappears again. Kings need him bigtime this season and i really hope hes up for the task and makes this season more successful than I think it will be. I dont think Kuemer will last the whole season like last night....we can hope.

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point and it could be telling. Hes on a horrid team and a franchise that sucks as well. He also has as many PP points as Buster has career points. Imagine if he was on Kopistars wing or even Dunno the last few seasons. Buster may very well develope into a better player, but I dont think its good for an organization to draft in t5 hoping the guy will develop in 5 or 10 seasons. If Buster wss drafted 10-20, I would be ok with his development. I hope he earns his 6.25 cap hit, I am a Kings fan but the fact is he has been kid gloved the whole way and raised by a few of the best players you can hope to play with and he still has huge mental lapses, disappears for weeks then looks like Brown did when he was gonna be traded and then disappears again. Kings need him bigtime this season and i really hope hes up for the task and makes this season more successful than I think it will be. I dont think Kuemer will last the whole season like last night....we can hope.

I don't necessarily disagree with any of the points you're making and you have some valid concerns. I just have a different perspective.

In my opinion Stutzle is better than Byfield in just one category. Goals/Points. At this point in their careers Stutzle is ahead in all offensive categories but lets look at why.

Stutzle has played 106 more career games and he's way ahead in goals and points but he's also averaged almost 5 minutes a night more TOI than Byfield. 19:25 vs 14:47 TOI respectively. Byfield has had health issues to this point in his career. Not just injury issues but medical health issues that's seen him lose considerable weight and strength. My opinion is, that is why he's had stretches where he's been invisible. Well offensively invisible anyway. For the most part he's doing the other parts of the game fine. We can break down stats all day and it won't make either one of our arguments any more valid for either side.

Here's where I disagree with your statement that "its good for an organization to draft in t5 hoping the guy will develop in 5 or 10 seasons."
That's exactly what you do at the draft. Byfield is exactly the type of player you draft. 6.5 220+ center that can skate and play both ends.
Stutzle is the type of player you pick up in trades, free agency or at the trade deadline even. Stutzle is an exterior piece in my opinion. A player you add to take you over the top. Byfield is the type of player you draft, develop and build around. If I'm to blame ANYONE it would be the Kings player development staff as my opinion is that they have done a horrible job the last 5+ years.

Kings already have a player like Stutzle. Kevin Fiala. Flashy froward that can score at about a point a game pace and drive you crazy with stupid plays and penalties throughout a season. Kings already have a player like Stutzle. Kempe can score. Except he can play both ends of the ice well and even, lately, step up for teammates. What the Kings don't have is a someone to replace Kopitar. Byfield was drafted to do that. Not sure if he'll even sniff Kopitar's jock at any point in his career but he's the closest thing they have and did have available in that 2020 draft. I can go on but that's pretty much the long and short of what my perspective is.

Finally thanks for the banter I respect your opinions just wanted to share my point of view.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valid points as always. I also wouldnt call Stutzle someone you build around but he was NHL ready in this "window". Really at the time most experts had Byfield at 2 as well. Lets hope for a better game vs the Bruins, i can see them push LA around too

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy birthday to your kid.

ESPN+
I hate having to guess where you have to go to watch the game. ESPN, ESPN+, Balleys west, Baleys SoCal, channel 9, Max or somewhere else.

Kings start the season undefeated, hope we can say the same at game 2
Always ESPN+