• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Washington Redskins

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is a textbook example of what all the NFL analysts were saying after preseason week 2 which was an absolute embarrassing car wreck of flags.

That the NFL was purposely being turned into a mixture of soccer because the flopping culture it would promote and pro-wrestling with how much the refs would dictate the scoring.

That's exactly what it's become. An absolute farce. It's now pro-wrestling with a football.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The passing game is starting to concern me some. Washington's secondary is laughably bad, yet we had no one getting open for Russell? At times the pocket collapsed on him but other times that wasn't it.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The passing game is starting to concern me some. Washington's secondary is laughably bad, yet we had no one getting open for Russell? At times the pocket collapsed on him but other times that wasn't it.

Well he was 18/24 and could have easily been 22/24 if not for four blatant drops. Plus the refs took away a beautiful 50 yard TD to Harvin where Percy got completely wide open. So I don't think the passing game was all that bad except for the drops. Give the Skins some credit too, they had really good pressure on Wilson all night long. Any other QB would have been sacked about 4 more times.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's the flippin routes they run. They never attack the middle or run seam routes even though we signed one of the best slot receivers in the league. It's dumfounding. Why the hell did we give up so much for Harvin when we're just going to use him as a special teams/trick play guy? They only dial up plays like that during desperation time when the TO wouldn't matter as much. It hasn't bit us yet but eventually we're going to be in a position that we need to throw our way out of and we're not going to know what to do. It's been working but that was a bad Redskins defense we were having some problems scoring against. Screw ball control. We're the defending champs and the game should have been out of reach by half time.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the flippin routes they run. They never attack the middle or run seam routes even though we signed one of the best slot receivers in the league. It's dumfounding. Why the hell did we give up so much for Harvin when we're just going to use him as a special teams/trick play guy? They only dial up plays like that during desperation time when the TO wouldn't matter as much. It hasn't bit us yet but eventually we're going to be in a position that we need to throw our way out of and we're not going to know what to do. It's been working but that was a bad Redskins defense we were having some problems scoring against. Screw ball control. We're the defending champs and the game should have been out of reach by half time.

Some games are like this though it's the NFL... Tampa last year almost beat us... Rams almost beat us with a back-up qb and running back... It happens... But I agree we didn't attack down field enough we just kept running little dink and dunk play's .... It was obviously a strategy we came in trying to exploit.. We did make allot of mistakes though negating big play's ... I think overall were just not sharp yet, but the season is early so let's allow some time... Russ was awesome yesterday though... MY god...

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that bugged me last night (which worked anyway) was the fake punt. WTF?? That is so much more of a low percentage play than just handing to Beast and hoping he can get you a half a yard.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the sneak with Wilson, but I wasn't bothered by the fake either. Ryan is not your typical punter and it was past mid field where you didn't think it would be that costly if it failed.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw some openings that frankly, Wilson just missed. I don't know how to post pics, but there's one of Kearse WIDE open down the seam that would have been a 60+ yard TD easy but Wilson ran.

I thought Wilson was stellar yesterday, but he missed a few openings.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the sneak with Wilson, but I wasn't bothered by the fake either. Ryan is not your typical punter and it was past mid field where you didn't think it would be that costly if it failed.

Yeah it was actually a fake FG I think (with Ryan holding), which speaks to how far we were in their territory.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it was a fake FG and Ryan is the holder so you asked a punter to run for your first down. I think that's what DK's issue was. I was just pointing out Ryan is no typical punter.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it was a fake FG and Ryan is the holder so you asked a punter to run for your first down. I think that's what DK's issue was. I was just pointing out Ryan is no typical punter.

Understood. Just pointing out it wasn't a fake punt. A fake punt would have been far more risky, as we would have been at midfield at best.

I can't remember exactly where the field goal was set up at, but at the 35-40 yard line of Washington is a lot less risky if it failed.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that bugged me last night (which worked anyway) was the fake punt. WTF?? That is so much more of a low percentage play than just handing to Beast and hoping he can get you a half a yard.

Actually, the fake field goal may actually have been less risky than if they'd lined up Lynch to take the ball. The defense isn't set up to stop a run when the field goal unit is on the field, and they weren't, which is why Ryan got 5 yards. I actually had no objection to running that play right then, and until the freak scramble and pass to Lynch on the final drive, I thought the fake field goal had been the play of the game.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw some openings that frankly, Wilson just missed. I don't know how to post pics, but there's one of Kearse WIDE open down the seam that would have been a 60+ yard TD easy but Wilson ran.

Yeah, I've seen that picture, which is what got me onto this particular issue.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just from the replays on the game there were a couple I saw that Wilson didn't have time to get through his progressions. I think it was Kearse and he looked like the #3 option on the play but it was too late.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So at least we all know the referees where playing against Harvin in there Fantasy league. :lol:

In all fairness our line played pathetic and we still won. For me I'd rather not have the team rolling until the end of Nov into Dec, where they can dominate in Jan/Feb. So now its time to stop Murray and wait for Romo to throw a killing INT.:suds:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
svyK525.jpg

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I remember that one. He took off for about 20 yards, but could have easily had a TD.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is pretty funny. I've actually seen a few things on the internet stemming from all the flags thrown on Harvin touchdowns that were pretty funny. Of course, it's easy to laugh at this stuff when the Hawks still win despite it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty funny. I've actually seen a few things on the internet stemming from all the flags thrown on Harvin touchdowns that were pretty funny. Of course, it's easy to laugh at this stuff when the Hawks still win despite it.

LMAO... That's hilarious...