• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Washington Redskins

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives:

Kirk Cousins - ESPN would have you believe that Cousins may be the better choice for Washington as the starting QB, and that he's be a top tier starter if you did (or at least they have in the past, don't watch much of them anymore), but Cousins is mistake prone. He has not had a clean start in his career. The Giants made him look bad, and the Seahawks have the ability to make him look even worse (not that they've shown it this year, allowing nearly 70% comp % and a 96.5 QB rating).

Russell Wilson - Wilson is as efficient as they come, and Washington's defense has allowed opposing WBs to have a 104.8 QB rating. Wilson makes good decisions, and his ability to not turn the ball over will be key on the road.

Negatives:

BYE Week Wash - This is the second season in a row coming out of their bye week that the Seahawks have to face an opponent that played on Thursday the week before, effectively giving the opponent a mini bye as well. Last year it worked out well, with a huge win against New Orleans, but that was at home.

FedEx Field
- The last time Seattle was in Washington, the Redskins lost the QB (who still hasn't seemed to recover) and the Seahawks lost a great pass rusher. Seattle really cannot afford for their pass rushers to go down, especially since they haven't pressured the QB that well this season with them all healthy.

RBs - Seattle has been having trouble stopping opponents RBs in the passing game this season, something that they did very well a year ago. Washington's backs have caught 18 passes for 227 yards and 2 TDs (Seattle has allowed 18 catches for 100 yards) already this year, and unless Seattle can stop them consistently, it'll help open the offense up to the WRs and TEs.

Matchups:

Strength v. Strength - The Seahawks are 1st in the NFL with 5.1 yards per carry, while the Redskins D has allowed a mere 3.3. Seattle's pass game is a lot of short throws and needs the running game working to create space for the WRs to move around, especially against a Redskin D that hasn't been very good against the pass.

Alfred Morris v. Bobby Wagner - Seattle's middle linebacker has proven to be the most important key in the team's run defense, and Morris has been a great performer for the Redskins. Seattle needs to make the Redskins one dimensional, if that happens, they will be playing right into the Seahawk defense's strength, LOB.

Richard Sherman
- Since week one, the question surrounding the opponents offensive game plan has been whether they would throw in Sherman's direction, and how much. Seattle has played an amazing list of QBs so far, and have come out in good shape, so if Cousins isn't perfect tonight, the LOB and company could inflate some stats.

Overview:

On paper this looks like a blow out, but it's always hard to predict games. The Redskins offense looks elite at times and very hard to stop, but it's defense requires the offense to be nearly perfect. They also tend to get away from Morris and the running game and chuck it around the field with reckless abandon. Seattle has put their defense in tough positions with an offense that can score so quickly that it doesn't give the D time to rest, or even itself enough reps to get into a rhythm. It'll be interesting to see exactly how the game between the 2 Washington teams plays out. Seahawks 34 Redskins 20

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice sum up. The thing you forgot to mention is the Skins STs...which have been horrible...again.

Advantage Seattle.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice sum up. The thing you forgot to mention is the Skins STs...which have been horrible...again.

Advantage Seattle.

Dang, I could've had a third positive....

Everything points to a big Seahawks win, which mean they'll have to overcome a 20 point deficit just to compete....

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, I could've had a third positive....

Everything points to a big Seahawks win, which mean they'll have to overcome a 20 point deficit just to compete....

Lmao.

I'll give you another one.

Skins have lost the last 6 MNF games I think. I'm pretty sure we must have the worst record in Primetime of any team in the league. We just love to stink it up in front of a National audience. Think it extends all the way back to Joe Gibbs...or at least it feels that way...in fact I would actually have felt more hopeful if this had been a 1:00 Sunday game...:gaah:

And the Hawks probably have the best Primetime record in the last year or two.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in on VCash!!!! Go Hawks!!!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao.

I'll give you another one.

Skins have lost the last 6 MNF games I think. I'm pretty sure we must have the worst record in Primetime of any team in the league. We just love to stink it up in front of a National audience. Think it extends all the way back to Joe Gibbs...or at least it feels that way...in fact I would actually have felt more hopeful if this had been a 1:00 Sunday game...:gaah:

And the Hawks probably have the best Primetime record in the last year or two.

Seattle has the best MNF record on the planet at .714 win/loss %.
I would guess the Seahawks also own the best prime time w/l % as well.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said this before, but I think you can take the numbers and tendencies from the first three weeks and throw some of them out the window this week. Rodgers, Rivers and Manning are all smart veterans capable of getting the ball out fast and not letting the pass rush get there. That being said, the only one of those three guys to actually have a good game against the Hawks was Rivers. I think we see the pass rush get home more often tonight and we see mistakes from Cousins that we didn't see from the three future Hall of Famers that the Hawks played in September.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I found the stats and posted them on the skins board if you're interested. It didn't break wins into a percentage but did give the history.

And as I thought, it wasn't pretty for the Skins.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found the stats and posted them on the skins board if you're interested. It didn't break wins into a percentage but did give the history.

And as I thought, it wasn't pretty for the Skins.

Unfortunately, nothing is looking pretty for the skins right now. I say unfortunately because the skins were my second favorite team as a kid (used to have a Gerald Riggs #37 jersey and Clint Didier was my high school football coach, well receivers coach).

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, nothing is looking pretty for the skins right now. I say unfortunately because the skins were my second favorite team as a kid (used to have a Gerald Riggs #37 jersey and Clint Didier was my high school football coach, well receivers coach).

Yep. Skins fans deserve better than the last 22+ years. But that's one of the things I admire about the skins faithful. You've gotta be part insane to love this team enough to stick with them. And no one can say we haven't.

But I remain faithful that at some point they are going to surprise me. Been a fan too long to ever change my ways at this point.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key on defense will be containing Morris on the early downs. Force Cousins into 3rd and long situations. He has a 44.1 passer rating with No Tds and 2 Ints on 3rd down. Gotta take advantage of that.
Key on offense is protect RW. Allow him time to attack that secondary which is missing Deangelo Hall and Tracy Porter and is very young.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I should be happy about this, but it just makes me nervous. I know it's stupid that it makes me nervous, but it does. I get that they're practically contractually obligated to mention it, but I've seen too many instances of a kicker missing a field goal right after the announcer mentions how many consecutive kicks he's made or a pitcher walking a hitter right after the announcer mentions how long it's been since that pitcher last walked a hitter. It's all coincidental, of course, but it seems to happen a lot.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because almost every bar will be standing room only, the wife & I got an early seat at the Northgate Ram. Now, I hust need to drink SLOWLY until kickoff. GO HAWKS!

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Percy Harvin needs to go HAM this game.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie bros, this game has me nervous. East coast, team looking to get revenge and in desperation mode, Skins have lost a TON of primetime consecutively (gotta eventually win one), and Skins have players that can break out (speed namely).

I'm nervous. Where's Donyell? Can you hold me?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1