• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ New York Jets

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should I be worried about a health(ier) Russ being able to go toe to toe with Matt Ryan?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should I be worried about a health(ier) Russ being able to go toe to toe with Matt Ryan?

I guess the odds wouldn't be that bad considering were playing at home and our defense is much better but I just do not like this whole dropping back and being a heavy passing offense I would prefer to stay to what we used to do which was be a run first team and not so one dimensional. I guess with lynch gone and RW playing next level I shouldn't be as worried no WR or QB in the NFL is gonna throw no 300 yards on us

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the odds wouldn't be that bad considering were playing at home and our defense is much better but I just do not like this whole dropping back and being a heavy passing offense I would prefer to stay to what we used to do which was be a run first team and not so one dimensional. I guess with lynch gone and RW playing next level I shouldn't be as worried no WR or QB in the NFL is gonna throw no 300 yards on us

I get what you're saying, and I don't think you're ever going to see Pete chuck it up 50 times a game, but having said that, the new world of pro football is to throw short/intermediate stuff, as defenses can't really answer that. (Look at the problem our best in NFL D had with swing passes and dink/dunk stuff yesterday).

ESPECIALLY with a top 5 QB at the helm.

Well, we've got a top five QB now, it's silly not to use him.

So over the next 10-12 years, we're going to throw, a bunch.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael, michaels, C mike, CM, how a players name is spelled on a public blog means nothing. If RW is tossing for 300 yards and 3 TDs we really do not need to worry about the run game showing up to win the game BUT when the day comes when russ struggles in the passing game because our opponent game planned very well CM's 90 yards from scrimmage is no big deal, 58 yards of 18 carries is nothing, 5 receptions for 35 yards is nothing, catching a short pass when your 15 yards from the endzone and sprinting for the corner pylon is a solid play but nothing spectacular. The falcons game in two weeks might be a high scoring game if we cant control the clock RW will have to out sling Matt Ryan and Julio Jones
Not saying it "means" something, but we should be able to get the name of our own players right. Especially if they've been here going on 4 seasons. It's written on his jersey, for crying out loud.

Anyway, my whole point is I think CM is doing just fine considering how loaded we are elsewhere on the offense. You say he's just "average" but then say he's gonna be a 3.5 ypc guy, which is WAY below average. Some defenses upcoming on our schedule aren't as tough as most of what we've faced so far. I think CM has a good chance to be more effective. You can shrug off his 90 yards if you want, but project that average across 16 games and that's a heck of a good season when you're matching it up with whatever RW is going to produce.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last takeaway I have from the game is that if it's close and we end up 2nd for points allowed on defense because of that stupid, mean-nothing TD on the fumble/maybe a pass then I'm going to be furious.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last takeaway I have from the game is that if it's close and we end up 2nd for points allowed on defense because of that stupid, mean-nothing TD on the fumble/maybe a pass then I'm going to be furious.

I'll be more upset about the garbage time tds they let Hyde have....

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FACTS

Linebacker K.J. Wright registered the first of four Seahawks sacks on Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick. It’s the second week in a row Wright has recorded a sack, tying his career-high in that category for a season, which he set in 2011 (his rookie season) and in 2014.

For the second week in a row, tight end Jimmy Graham was practically unstoppable. Graham posted 100-plus yards against the Jets, marking consecutive 100-yard receiving outings for the first time in almost three years (the last time being Oct. 6, 2013)

By sacking Fitzpatrick yesterday, Seahawks defensive lineman Michael Bennett has taken down a quarterback in four-straight AFC games.

Richard Sherman nabbed two of Fitzpatrick’s three interceptions on the day. It marked the fifth time in his NFL career he’s picked off multiple passes in a game (Seattle is 4-1 in those contests, by the way), and in two contests against the Jets, Sherman has three interceptions, eight total tackles, a forced fumble and a sack.

Wright has recorded six or more total tackles in 14 consecutive games.

Wilson finished the game 23-of-32 passing for 309 yards and three touchdowns. He now has 25 career games with multiple touchdown passes and no interceptions, the most by a player in NFL history in his first five seasons to begin a career. In six games against AFC East opponents, Wilson has a 5-1 record and has totaled 15 touchdowns (12 passing, three on the ground)

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More FACTS

With rookie Jarran Reed missing Sunday’s game due to a hip injury, defensive tackles Tony McDaniel and Ahtyba Rubin each played 28 of 71 snaps for the Seahawks defense. Garrison Smith saw snaps for the second-straight week, logging 18. No matter who rotated on the line because of Reed’s absence, Seattle’s defense continued to dominate, holding the Jets to 58 net yards rushing.

Seattle’s defense is holding opponents to a 30 percent efficiency on third down, which leads the NFL. That number is slightly up from Week 3 (24 percent) after the Jets went 7-of-15 (47 percent) on those opportunities yesterday. In one game, the Jets were three conversions away from matching the amount the Seahawks defense allowed all season entering Sunday (10).

The 42-yard touchdown reception Seahawks rookie Tanner McEvoy recorded against the Jets was the longest catch of his college and pro career (he only played wide receiver in college for one season, however). His longest catch at the University of Wisconsin went for 23 yards.

FACTS provided by Seahawks .com

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally watched the first 2.5 quarters on TV, couple of comments.

That pass to Graham from his own goal-line was fan-fucking-tastic. That's cold, ice-in-your-veins, assassin level shit. From that field position, to throw that pass to a guy who was covered, and throw it perfectly.

Wow.

Still have to watch the end of the game, but C-Mike played an awfully good game. His stat line didn't look all that great, but he ran hard, fought for first downs (certainly DID NOT go down on first contact), and caught the ball out of the backfield like he'd been a 3rd down guy his whole career.

Props.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson was on point with almost all of his throws in this one. Threading the needle to Spiller, the dart to Baldwin that drew the penalty, those lobs to Graham and Richardson putting it where only his guys had a chance. Exact opposite of the Rams game where he was completely off. The protection definitely helped him here as well. Russ had a clean pocket to step up into most of the time.

One flukey play made this look a lot closer than it was.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing I noticed was that we got LUCKY with that blown Ifedi block when Russ got planted. Came down with (Richardson's?) whole weight on his shoulder.

Overall though, Ifedi did well.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, I don't want to dwell on the negativity. This was a bad start for Sherm but had a very happy ending

This is the mark of a great player. Sherman was getting schooled and he just wasn't going to let things go down like that. He willed it to his direction.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, I don't want to dwell on the negativity. This was a bad start for Sherm but had a very happy ending

This is the mark of a great player. Sherman was getting schooled and he just wasn't going to let things go down like that. He willed it to his direction.

Marshall had been pushing off all game long (some more blatant than others) and that PI call on Sherman was basically the last he was going to put up with it. In the end, he rebounded and had more good plays than bad. Good job, Sherman.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall had been pushing off all game long (some more blatant than others) and that PI call on Sherman was basically the last he was going to put up with it. In the end, he rebounded and had more good plays than bad. Good job, Sherman.

I was watching OBJ play last night and I was thinking about what Sherman did. OBJ's a great player and a great competitor but just can't keep it together and basically checked out at the end of the game. I know people like to bash OBJ but I admire his competitive nature. If he'd just dial it down a couple of notches (it would still be at 11 if he did that) and fight for all 60 then he'd be the best receiver in the league.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's another thing I noticed finally watching the game on TV, Sherman really didn't get 'schooled,' by Marshall, he got beat. This was my point last year in some of those early games when Cary Williams was getting beat - he was in quite a few of those actually in pretty good coverage.

Back to Sherman, the early play where Marshall got the big first down, yep Sherm bit on the fake hard.

But the TD to Marshall, that was just perfect execution of the back shoulder throw. Sherm was not behind by much at all, but the throw was just too good. Marshall, strong as he is, did get a wee bit of separation by hand-fighting, but Sherman made up the ground, and as we've seen before (and saw later in the game), Sherm in murder when in that trail position. Just ask Crabtree.

But that pass by Fitz was exactly where it needed to be to give Sherman no chance.

On the two picks, Marshall was past Sherman again, but the balls weren't perfect. Sherman AGAIN, in trail position, and twice making Fitz pay.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another thing I noticed finally watching the game on TV, Sherman really didn't get 'schooled,' by Marshall, he got beat. This was my point last year in some of those early games when Cary Williams was getting beat - he was in quite a few of those actually in pretty good coverage.

Back to Sherman, the early play where Marshall got the big first down, yep Sherm bit on the fake hard.

But the TD to Marshall, that was just perfect execution of the back shoulder throw. Sherm was not behind by much at all, but the throw was just too good. Marshall, strong as he is, did get a wee bit of separation by hand-fighting, but Sherman made up the ground, and as we've seen before (and saw later in the game), Sherm in murder when in that trail position. Just ask Crabtree.

But that pass by Fitz was exactly where it needed to be to give Sherman no chance.

On the two picks, Marshall was past Sherman again, but the balls weren't perfect. Sherman AGAIN, in trail position, and twice making Fitz pay.

Marhsall's a great receiver and he's going to get his. If you watch, early in the game Sherman got caught turning his head towards the QB. You can't do that with Marshall because he'll kill anyone like that. But the first pick was a pissed off Richard Sherman who knew which route was coming and just exerted his will. Two great players going head to head and it isn't like Sherman is going to face that every Sunday.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marhsall's a great receiver and he's going to get his. If you watch, early in the game Sherman got caught turning his head towards the QB. You can't do that with Marshall because he'll kill anyone like that. But the first pick was a pissed off Richard Sherman who knew which route was coming and just exerted his will. Two great players going head to head and it isn't like Sherman is going to face that every Sunday.

Fair enough. Probably getting too hung up on 'schooled.' :)

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the first INT was Sherman sitting on the back shoulder route again. Had that been a go he would have had a hard time breaking that up (depending on the quality of the pass). Second one I completely agree.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall Sherm had a great day. 2 INTS ruled that matchup.