• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ New York Jets

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well see boogie some would say that conceding the possession by running a run play that had no chance is giving the Jets a chance. Getting a first down there would of been game and match, isn't that going for the jugular?

That's a gamble though, I would say just eat that clock up, even a field goal there makes it a 3 possession game and they would a had 2-3 minutes less time on that clock... Plus your QB is playing with a hurt knee.. I don't like it .. game was OVER jugular was already bleeding

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, some people just love to complain.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I can't see anything to be too upset about here. Really solid performance all the way around. The Jets are a solid team and it was a 10 am start on the road. I'll take this any day of the week.

They played great, they are legit, even had the refs calling cheesy stuff and we still got the win... I"m was just upset with the end with Bevell pressing with Russ being hurt, Russ had a GREAT GAME! He was dropping dimes but I don't like to see unnecessary risks man ... Without Russ were not going far, I'm seeing the big picture

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a gamble though, I would say just eat that clock up, even a field goal there makes it a 3 possession game and they would a had 2-3 minutes less time on that clock... Plus your QB is playing with a hurt knee.. I don't like it .. game was OVER jugular was already bleeding

Pete doesn't believe in playing scared.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HELL YEAH!! Not sure if he has that or not, but I hope he does and soon...

That's what all the talk was last year late, and this year. Russ has 100% freedom to audible. The TD to beat the Dolphins was Russ audibling.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nice to see us overcome a couple bad calls on the road and win. Sherman gets on the board with a few INT's, Wilson dropping dimes, Graham and Baldwin with hands. Great win.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played great, they are legit, even had the refs calling cheesy stuff and we still got the win... I"m was just upset with the end with Bevell pressing with Russ being hurt, Russ had a GREAT GAME! He was dropping dimes but I don't like to see unnecessary risks man ... Without Russ were not going far, I'm seeing the big picture

You'll note that I asked for him to come out with another FG too (just for safety), but I think that's a mark of how much they trust him to make good decisions. That he'll throw it away if necessary.

So I get what you're saying, but the team is 100% Russ's now.

It wasn't until Baldwin told Pete to take him out that he came out after the knee twist.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true... But some situations just call for conservative play calling as good strategy ...
I'll trust Pete to know when the time to go conservative. One of the biggest complaints on this board is the Seahawks play to conservative on offense. :gaah:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true... But some situations just call for conservative play calling as good strategy ...

How do you know that Wilson wasn't checking out of the run plays based on defensive alignment. Makes much more sense than Bevell just wanting to air it out.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll hold off because they will come back with "you beat 3 shit teams. good job"

Handle Atlanta and Zona and then we talk

Fact we put that up against the Jets, who VERY closely mirror the Rams on defense anyway, is impressive. Also, across the Country, haven't won in almost 20 years at MetLife... big away stand. All of these are HUGE momentum bursts.

This IMO could be THE defining win of the season. Not overreacting because we're 3-1... but sometimes a non-primetime/highlight game can be the biggest. I think this might be it for us. Going into a bye, desperate rest needed... and coming out firing on all cylinders in a home game against IMO a VASTLY overrated Falcons team.

I like our odds.

Anyway, enjoy the days, gents. :suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-1 and a bye coming up to get healthy. Sounds awesome to me. Now I'm trying to decide who I'd rather have lose today. Cards or Rams?:think: Think Cards, even though Rams lead the division.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll trust Pete to know when the time to go conservative. One of the biggest complaints on this board is the Seahawks play to conservative on offense. :gaah:

Again it's all situational ... We let them off the mat not using that clock .. Russ did his thing, he had a spectacular game, get him off the dam field and let him rest that knee...

Last edited:

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate early bye weeks, but a blessing in disguise this season. Aside from Wilson resting, man I am so glad Ifedi is back and he gets another week to rest. Same with Graham after another monster week.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact we put that up against the Jets, who VERY closely mirror the Rams on defense anyway, is impressive. Also, across the Country, haven't won in almost 20 years at MetLife... big away stand. All of these are HUGE momentum bursts.

This IMO could be THE defining win of the season. Not overreacting because we're 3-1... but sometimes a non-primetime/highlight game can be the biggest. I think this might be it for us. Going into a bye, desperate rest needed... and coming out firing on all cylinders in a home game against IMO a VASTLY overrated Falcons team.

I like our odds.

Anyway, enjoy the days, gents. :suds:

So yeah. We open up a good ole can of

whoopass2.jpg

against Atlanta and then we beat Arizona. We can open up some smack talk and chest thumping in the main NFL Board

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually happy to be at a bye this early in the season. Give Graham more time, Wilson a chance to heal up a bit.

Great to get out of that game with a win and some solid play.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yeah. We open up a good ole can of

whoopass2.jpg

against Atlanta and then we beat Arizona. We can open up some smack talk and chest thumping in the main NFL Board

Judge Jesus man.. I gotta ask you to calm down. Just calm down.

But in all seriousness, OPEN THAT FUCKING CAN!!!!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great game for the Hawks... To go on the road and pretty much own the Jets like they did while limping into their bye week with a 3-1 record is a great spot to be in... Perfect time to get RW healthy and rested up... Today was one of those games that we would've lost in the past... Great to see this team smash the Jets into the mouth in their own stadium...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great game for the Hawks... To go on the road and pretty much own the Jets like they did while limping into their bye week with a 3-1 record is a great spot to be in... Perfect time to get RW healthy and rested up... Today was one of those games that we would've lost in the past... Great to see this team smash the Jets into the mouth in their own stadium...
Yes sir! Going to the east coast and getting a convincing win against a team with a stout DLine is great. Things are looking up. Falcons next on the schedule after the bye.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes sir! Going to the east coast and getting a convincing win against a team with a stout DLine is great. Things are looking up. Falcons next on the schedule after the bye.

That Falcons game is going to be intriguing... They've been lighting it up... Was surprised to see them light it up like they did against Carolina today...

On a happy note, glad to see the Panthers lose again with Cam "Me Myself and I" Newton sucking up the joint, again!