• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ New York Jets

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives:

LOB -
Last week, Ryan Fitzpatrick had a career game - and not in a good way. 6 picks will encourage the Seahawks defense to try and force him into mistakes, and the LOB will be looking to hurt the Jets offense with a few turnovers (Jets also fumbled the ball away twice).

Jimmy Graham - Graham finally looked like he did in New Orleans this past game against San Francisco. The Jets have been up and down this year against the TE - but Kelce had 6 catches, 89 yards and td last week, which could give Graham the opportunity to repeat his grear performance from last week.

Russell Wilson - Wilson is showing his toughness, playing with not 1, but 2 injuries that would normally keep him out for several more weeks. His ability to move in the pocket and lead the offense will be extremely important if the Hawks want to win. Seattle needs the Russell from the 9ers game, and not the one from the Rams game.

Negatives:

Running Game -
The Seahawks running game has had it's issues this season (15th right now) and the Jets have been stifling against the run (3rd). The run is always important to Seattle's offensive success, but never more than in road games. It will be a tall order for the Hawks offense to gain yardage against a stout run defense.

Injuries - We all know the injury woes in Seattle with Russell Wilson, Germain Ifedi, CJ Prosise, Thomas Rawls and Jimmy Graham; but the Jets have been decimated by injury. Eric Decker is out and Wilkerson and Clady could both miss the game (we'll know for sure later). Both teams are looking to exit this game without adding to their substantial injury reports.

Matt Forte - Though not the back he was in Chicago, Forte is still dangerous, and stopping him (and Bilal Powell) will be key in putting the game in Fitzpatrick's hands.

Matchups:

Doug Baldwin vs. Darrell Revis -
Baldwin has been just amazing over the last 14 games or so, and Revis isn't the Revis of old, though he's still good. Look for Revis to shadow Baldwin, and if Angry Doug wants to have a day - he'll have to win his matchup with Revis.

DeSean Shead vs. Brandon Marshall - The premiere matchup would be Marshall vs. Sherman, but with Seattle not liking to move Sherman unless they absolutely have to, look for the Jets to try and get Marshall on Shead. For his part, Shead has been up and down this year. He had a great game against Miami, but was used and abused by Kenny Britt against LA. If Shead can have a good game, then the Seahawks will have a good chance to shut down the Jets passing game.

Sea OLINE vs. NY DLINE - On paper this is a massive overmatch in favor of the Jets, but Wilkerson may not be able to play, which would be a huge blow. Also, despite a lot of other's opinions, I just don't think the line has played all that badly so far - and there's a good chance the Ifedi could replace Webb this week. The oline will face their third major challenge in 4 weeks, and they will need to limit the Jets' dline's success.

Overview:

The last time the Seahawks played in this stadium - they put up 43 points and hoisted the Lombardi trophy, though they have lost their last 5 matchups against the Jets in New York, but this will be their first matchup in NY in over a decade. Seattle will need to have their defense play shut down, smothering defense and give the offense and Wilson some breathing room. Getting turnovers will be essential - as the offense has faired well when they have good field position, but just haven't gotten it very often. This game is hard to predict - not because I think the talent is close, but because the question marks around Wilson means we can't know how the offense will come out of the gate.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good write up, lovin it.

Seattle really needs to get the running game going and something tells me we might just see that happen.

Fitzpatrick will bounce back so don't expect another 6 pick game, and don't be shocked if he throws 0 this time out. This seems to happen a lot after a QB has the worst game of their lives, it's to bad it had to happen right before the Hawks played the Jets and not WHEN the Hawks played them.

The Jets will play hard this game against what many thought was the defacto NFC rep of this years Superbowl before the season started. The Hawks Defense needs to put up some points this game and/or force/recover turnovers, if they can do this they win easily. If the Hawks Defense doesn't create for the Offense we could be in for a long day.

Never liked the 10am time slot. The Hawks have been better Minus the playoffs in that 10am spot but is that a sign of them getting past it? The playoffs this past season say no. I feel like we very well could see a big fat 0 on the scoreboard for the Hawks coming out of halftime before they wake the f up on offense. It will be up to the defense to keep it close till then.

If both teams were 100% i don't think this is even a close game with the Hawks winning but they are not 100%, neither one.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff... I like our chances, sure were a little dinged up, but our D should give the Jet's O some problems... Our O showed some signs of life last week and I think that's only gonna improve ... Jet's are pretty stout upfront so our O-line hopefully can step up and play solid, that's a big key.... Russ isn't mobile at the moment so our O-line needs to show some growth today and protect our leader at all cost...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burkherdt and Lynch?

Can we get any more Seattle hating announcing crew

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's go, Hawks!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, Hawks. Let's tighten up against the run.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that would have been OPI for Seattle last week. Gonna have to button it up d.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No pressure on Fitz right now.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane!!!!

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say if that was a fumble... I know it was a completed pass though...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bull shit, here I thought I was being ridiculous.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unbelievable