• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Mariners vs. Texas Rangers 8/16-8/18

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, you're level headed! I, like you, remember that in 2010 - when Murphy carried us in Aug! He's never been great and didn't act like either! But he's always been a decent LF (never great), given 100%, was a good teammate, and a stand-up guy. And like MY, he's always gonna be a favorite of Ranger fans! Staying on MY for a second, did y'all find it interesting he was willing to waive his no-trade clause if he were being sent back to the Rangers?

I think the phrase is, "what have you done for me lately?" This is the big leagues, not YMCA.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right shoulder inflammation for ogando he might miss his next start.

kdm1218

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolfe could give us what ogando has been.
Well, that's probably true. Although I would personally vote Ogando has never been a great option. I felt that way in the offseason when they said they would let him start. Obviously injuries have been an issue but I just think he's too inconsistent to go 6 strong every 5 days. Too talented in the BP to be a hard throwing but mediocre 4/5.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's probably true. Although I would personally vote Ogando has never been a great option. I felt that way in the offseason when they said they would let him start. Obviously injuries have been an issue but I just think he's too inconsistent to go 6 strong every 5 days. Too talented in the BP to be a hard throwing but mediocre 4/5.

1) He was pretty damn good in the rotation in 2011.

2) the innings he gives you as a starter are more valuable than the 70 innings he gives you out of the pen.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees v Red Sox this weekend....well, I don't know about you all, but that's the only series that I'm caring about...:gaah:

....and the only one we'll be hearing about, despite its relative irrelevance...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2) the innings he gives you as a starter are more valuable than the 70 innings he gives you out of the pen.

Not sure that (2) is necessarily true. I think he could be really valuable in the pen. I think he challenged guys more and threw harder when he was a reliever. His fastball made his breaking pitches really tough and he just dominated guys like he hasn't since as a starter.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees v Red Sox this weekend....well, I don't know about you all, but that's the only series that I'm caring about...:gaah:

....and the only one we'll be hearing about, despite its relative irrelevance...

LOL

kdm1218

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was good before the ASB and ran out of gas later in the season, including in the playoffs when he did go back to the BP. I know he'd never started before that year, so obviously expect some fatigue. But ERA from 2.92 before break to 4.48 after, walks and hits also increased per innings (I'm just on espn stats and it doesn't show whip but I can see enough numbers to know that went up too). Then this year starting, arm trouble every few weeks. I don't know, I just don't see it any more than I see Feliz as a quality starter. Neither guy has "it" factor to me.

kdm1218

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that (2) is necessarily true. I think he could be really valuable in the pen. I think he challenged guys more and threw harder when he was a reliever. His fastball made his breaking pitches really tough and he just dominated guys like he hasn't since as a starter.
As a RP who throws upper 90s it is also easier to get away with inconsistent off speed stuff, cause you are called on to get 3 outs, usually... as opposed to 3 times through the order. Slider is sometimes great, sometimes not so much, and change up is not good. Another issue for me with him starting (again a similar argument I have against Feliz).

kdm1218

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an honest question Romeo (or anyone else who wants to chime in), if we make it a given that both are healthy and have similar stuff, consistency, dependability, mental toughness, etc... who would you rather take in the rotation right now to finish the year and go into next year, Ogando or Colby Lewis?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SIDE BAR......For those who have Tlme Warner Cable, CH39 in Dallas will be carrying the Cowboy game Saturday at 3;00.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Young was a shell of himself last season but he was still much better and reliable than Murphy in my opinion. Again I respect the guy and the ball player but if you're not producing then you need to take a step back especially since we know Murphy is a career 4th OF'er.

What? MY's 2012 WAR ... -2.0 ... Murphy +3.5

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an honest question Romeo (or anyone else who wants to chime in), if we make it a given that both are healthy and have similar stuff, consistency, dependability, mental toughness, etc... who would you rather take in the rotation right now to finish the year and go into next year, Ogando or Colby Lewis?

Colby Lewis if he could, soooo mentally tough. Guy has grit. Still like Ogando for bp. Wolf has sand. He's pulled his fat out of the fire a couple of times, so he may be ok to replace Ogando short term. Don't know a thing about our blackley?sp. acquisition but In JD We Trust.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby Lewis if he could, soooo mentally tough. Guy has grit. Still like Ogando for bp. Wolf has sand. He's pulled his fat out of the fire a couple of times, so he may be ok to replace Ogando short term. Don't know a thing about our blackley?sp. acquisition but In JD We Trust.
Blackley won't be much of an option, the only team he could beat consistently was the Rangers...

FYI, Red Sox fans really letting A-Rod have it....BOOO!!!!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romeo is dead on there. Starters innings > Reliever innings. That's why starters are paid more and always will be. You get paid more money for the first 6 innings and the last inning than you ever will for pitching the 7th and 8th. That's how baseball works.