• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Mariners vs. Texas Rangers 8/16-8/18

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am now more inclined to think TEX deals Profar for MLB ready SP rather than moving Moreland and Kinsler around to make room for him.

TEX has a pipeline of middle infielders in the minors including...

-Solarte @ Round Rock
-Odor (#3), Sardinas (#2), Rua @ Frisco
-Herrera and Alberto (#15) @ Myrtle Beach

Profar may be superior to some of the guys behind him but with TEX solid at SS and 2b for the coming seasons there is time for those in the minors to develop further perhaps making Profar more valuable to TEX in the near term as a trade piece.

2013 Prospect Watch | texasrangers.com: News

They have Sardinas rated higher than Odor? I would have to think about that one. But you are right. We have a lot of good infielders coming up. Our OF is weak as is much of our AAA team. Our better starting pitching also seems to be down below AA ball.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That Cuban Abreu is definitely worth taking a look at...he's getting rave reviews from his peers. I think Martin even commented favorably about him....

TEX will certainly take a look at Abreu just as they are in on all potential prospects in high school, college and international ... including those who pop up after defecting from Cuba. Am sure Abreu is a talent ... just want to remind folks TEX has Ronald Guzman, 1b (TEX MLB #6) @ Hickory signed just last year.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone seems keen on moving Kinsler, whither it's in the outfield or to first. why not leave him at his best position and pursue a real 1st baseman.

have afeeling that Profar may be part of a package to bring in OF help or pitching

My thought on moving him to first is (1) He does have a little pop and can drive in runs (2) it allows us to keep Profar, at least for now, (3) and I believe it does help us - albeit, a little - defensively. Moreland's not terrific defensively, and maybe it's a wash, glove wise with Kins and Mitch. But, I think Profar will be better than Kins at 2nd. Maybe it's just me. I agree, moving him to the OF has no merit.

One thing which concerns me a little; Beltre's hamstrings! This is another reason I'd like to see us keep Profar; insurance. Next season will be Adrian's 17th in the bigs. Lots of mileage on those legs.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone seems keen on moving Kinsler, whither it's in the outfield or to first. why not leave him at his best position and pursue a real 1st baseman.

have afeeling that Profar may be part of a package to bring in OF help or pitching
Could not agree more. Kins is a top notch 2b and proven. Moving him won't gain anything except to create a place for Profar who has not proved he can hit any better than Moreland. What's the point? But to be honest, Profar hasn't had the opportunity.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEX will certainly take a look at Abreu just as they are in on all potential prospects in high school, college and international ... including those who pop up after defecting from Cuba. Am sure Abreu is a talent ... just want to remind folks TEX has Ronald Guzman, 1b (TEX MLB #6) @ Hickory signed just last year.

I couldn't remember this guys name for squat, so thanks! And you're right, he gets a big "thumbs up" from scouts in both leagues.

As far as Guzman is concerned, even with him doing well, wouldn't you think he's at least 2 seasons away?

whittler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar (21) has more upside, Average, Power, Salary.
Injuries usually take care of overcrowding

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They have Sardinas rated higher than Odor? I would have to think about that one. But you are right. We have a lot of good infielders coming up. Our OF is weak as is much of our AAA team. Our better starting pitching also seems to be down below AA ball.

From my list above ... Ryan Rua is an interesting case ... signed at 21 out of college and in two years is at AA ... jumping this year from Hickory to Frisco after spending season and half at Spokane. Primarily used at 2b at Hickory but at Rookie League and Short A ... and to this point at Frisco played/plays 3b ... but has played SS too.

Rua had 29 HRs for Hickory ... 1 more than Joey Gallo and 10 ahead of Lewis Brinson. He was a 17th rounder (just like Kinsler was) jumped Low A ball ... arriving in Frisco before TEX traded Leury Garcia. Hmmm. Has anyone seen him at Frisco?

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Youngster. Looks like he should be playing in the LLWS:)

Ronald Guzman Stats, Bio, Photos, Highlights | MiLB.com Stats | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18 years old ... and 6'-5"

I was mainly talking about his youthful face.

Watching a bit of the LLWS tournament. Impressive, these kids are throwing fast balls in the low 70s with good movement (I know sounds like Buzz:))

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give you all a tip...If you want to double your vCash, bet it all on Murphy being in the starting line up tonight.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have no clue what Vcash is or betting or any of that. I'm double tasking as it is just posting here.

Look at your profile on the left hand side of the screen:

vCash: 500

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's well documented how bad a season Murphy is having. But he's done a fine job for the previous 4+ years. Good guy, and I hope we show him a little respect is all I'm asking for.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's well documented how bad a season Murphy is having. But he's done a fine job for the previous 4+ years. Good guy, and I hope we show him a little respect is all I'm asking for.

At this point nobody is disrespecting him. But we all have to accept reality that he has been awful this season. Yes can he get hot at anytime but we have 5 months of work that indicates he hasn't improved and he's been the weakest link in almost every medium to high leverage situation this season. I'm not saying we should cut him now but give him a couple of weeks off and let him clear his head and work on trying to find his swing. You'd be surprised how that actually hellps a player. If he's going to figure out he'll figure it out even by not playing for a while and having him earn his playing time. Right now despite how terrible he is Wash trots him out there and I just don't agree with that. Murphy is so bad that I'd rather have anybody in place of him regardless of matchup because Murphy hasn't proved anything to me this season that he can get the job done. Not only is he not producing but he looks absolutely God awful out there. His approoach, his look is completely dejected and it's hurting the team.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:
At this point nobody is disrespecting him. But we all have to accept reality that he has been awful this season. Yes can he get hot at anytime but we have 5 months of work that indicates he hasn't improved and he's been the weakest link in almost every medium to high leverage situation this season. I'm not saying we should cut him now but give him a couple of weeks off and let him clear his head and work on trying to find his swing. You'd be surprised how that actually hellps a player. If he's going to figure out he'll figure it out even by not playing for a while and having him earn his playing time. Right now despite how terrible he is Wash trots him out there and I just don't agree with that. Murphy is so bad that I'd rather have anybody in place of him regardless of matchup because Murphy hasn't proved anything to me this season that he can get the job done. Not only is he not producing but he looks absolutely God awful out there. His approoach, his look is completely dejected and it's hurting the team.

:agree: But laughing, which the other guy did, is disrespectful! And I stated, "it's well documented" right off the bat - so to speak. Murphy has always given 100%, good guy in the clubhouse, etc. Granted: He's sucked out loud all season. But he's not making out the line-up card. But I don't disagree with you at all!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should be a sweep for texas

congrats to you guys