• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Mariners vs. Texas Rangers 8/16-8/18

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea ... know where it is ... have no idea what it does or what you do with it.

you got to go to the vBookie tab... then you can place bets on each days games... so you can when more vcash to bet on more games. I'm pretty sure that is all its good for. I just tried it out. if I win a lot I'm going to buy me a new vcar. :laugh3:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should be a sweep for texas

congrats to you guys

Hope you're right. But we're facing some good arms. Although the Rangers have fared well against King Felix.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's well documented how bad a season Murphy is having. But he's done a fine job for the previous 4+ years. Good guy, and I hope we show him a little respect is all I'm asking for.

He's making $5.8million ... we respect the guy but not the ballplayer.

He's an FA at the end of the season and a qualifying offer is something about $13 - 15 million (I forget). Both he and Kinsler are 31yo ... in their 8th ML seasons ... Murphy is making $5.8mil ... Kinsler $13mil. Murphy will get a job as a #4OF for someone next year ... COL, MIA, KCR ... somebody.

Only reason he is in the lineup is because Wash is loyal to veterans ... last year MY ... this year Murphy

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point nobody is disrespecting him. But we all have to accept reality that he has been awful this season. Yes can he get hot at anytime but we have 5 months of work that indicates he hasn't improved and he's been the weakest link in almost every medium to high leverage situation this season. I'm not saying we should cut him now but give him a couple of weeks off and let him clear his head and work on trying to find his swing. You'd be surprised how that actually hellps a player. If he's going to figure out he'll figure it out even by not playing for a while and having him earn his playing time. Right now despite how terrible he is Wash trots him out there and I just don't agree with that. Murphy is so bad that I'd rather have anybody in place of him regardless of matchup because Murphy hasn't proved anything to me this season that he can get the job done. Not only is he not producing but he looks absolutely God awful out there. His approoach, his look is completely dejected and it's hurting the team.
The Braves did just that with BJ Upton...well kind of...they stopped playing him every day, then he got hurt. Sat out for 15 days, and has been a much better player since he returned. Sitting Murph down for a week might just do him some good. He's a good ball player, we've all seen it over the years, it's all mental right now...

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>But it looks like Ogando will miss at least Monday's start. Results of CT scan being sent Dr. Andrews.</p>&mdash; Drew Davison (@drewdavison) <a href="https://twitter.com/drewdavison/statuses/368478933680787456">August 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's making $5.8million ... we respect the guy but not the ballplayer.

He's an FA at the end of the season and a qualifying offer is something about $13 - 15 million (I forget). Both he and Kinsler are 31yo ... in their 8th ML seasons ... Murphy is making $5.8mil ... Kinsler $13mil. Murphy will get a job as a #4OF for someone next year ... COL, MIA, KCR ... somebody.

Only reason he is in the lineup is because Wash is loyal to veterans ... last year MY ... this year Murphy

I personally still respect the guy as a ball player... I don't let current events let me forget about the past. Sure, he hasn't been good this year but he did a ton to help us out in the past and I am not going to forget that because he is having a bad season. Same thing with MY, seems like a ton of our fans just wanted to run him out of town last season. I understand why they wouldn't value his bat as much, but at the same time they act like they forgot all the guy did for the club. That still holds a lot of value IMO.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally still respect the guy as a ball player... I don't let current events let me forget about the past. Sure, he hasn't been good this year but he did a ton to help us out in the past and I am not going to forget that because he is having a bad season. Same thing with MY, seems like a ton of our fans just wanted to run him out of town last season. I understand why they wouldn't value his bat as much, but at the same time they act like they forgot all the guy did for the club. That still holds a lot of value IMO.

Young was a shell of himself last season but he was still much better and reliable than Murphy in my opinion. Again I respect the guy and the ball player but if you're not producing then you need to take a step back especially since we know Murphy is a career 4th OF'er.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tend to feel the same way about both Young and Murph. I also understand, however, that it's important that the front office and the manager not become "fans" of certain players. I figure it's a tough call for them to decide when to give up on a guy who has had success in the past. I don't really like to see our fans malign such players, though I also understand that it is certainly their right to do so.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuban firstbasemen
His name is Abreu. He's a big bat, 25-26 years old, apparently near MLB ready. He just defected, so teams won't be able to negotiate with him until late in the year. Boston has apparently already indicated they will making a push for him.

kdm1218

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any news on Ogando?
Someone posted a little further down that they sent CT to Dr Andrews. If thats true thats definitely not a promising sign. He may not pitch again this year if they feel the need to consult Andrews.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Espn says the Mariners have scored 47% of their runs this year from HR's, tops in MLB. They are tied for 3rd in MLB in # of HR's...so, what's the secret to beating them? Don't do what we did against Milwaukee, give up the long ball!!!

...and maybe IBB Kyle Seager every time. This guy kills us....

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone posted a little further down that they sent CT to Dr Andrews. If thats true thats definitely not a promising sign. He may not pitch again this year if they feel the need to consult Andrews.

Not good news if needing a consult. What are our options?:noidea:

whittler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Espn says the Mariners have scored 47% of their runs this year from HR's, tops in MLB. They are tied for 3rd in MLB in # of HR's...so, what's the secret to beating them? Don't do what we did against Milwaukee, give up the long ball!!!

Raul Ibanaz kills Rangers also. His swing is made for this ballpark. Smoak is Hot too. Will be a tough series, they know Rangers very well, will come down to who excutes their Pitches . :gaah:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's well documented how bad a season Murphy is having. But he's done a fine job for the previous 4+ years. Good guy, and I hope we show him a little respect is all I'm asking for.
You are right. No reason to be disrespectful.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are definitely right about that! While he has been good against the league, he has been especially good against TX, with a .418/.458/.709 slash line this year.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn, you're level headed! I, like you, remember that in 2010 - when Murphy carried us in Aug! He's never been great and didn't act like either! But he's always been a decent LF (never great), given 100%, was a good teammate, and a stand-up guy. And like MY, he's always gonna be a favorite of Ranger fans! Staying on MY for a second, did y'all find it interesting he was willing to waive his no-trade clause if he were being sent back to the Rangers?