• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Mariners vs. Texas Rangers 8/16-8/18

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you be not be respectful, it's underneath your name ;)
Honestly never mean to be. Will gladly apologize to anyone if I have been. This is a place where being disrespectful is not necessary IMO. I posted several several icons by Murphy's name in the line up and offended someone. Someone said he disrespected the ball player and not the man. I feel somewhat the same.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thank you for the reference. I just don't get into the stats enough to know better options. I understand the value of the advanced sabermetrics but just don't personally get into all that as far as knowing exactly what is what. Just know enough to get by in converstaion within its context.

Maybe

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly never mean to be. Will gladly apologize to anyone if I have been. This is a place where being disrespectful is not necessary IMO. I posted several several icons by Murphy's name in the line up and offended someone. Someone said he disrespected the ball player and not the man. I feel somewhat the same.
Murphy the ball player should be disrespected. I would walk anyone in front him nearly every time in hopes he hit into a DP.

kdm1218

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogando had a rotation spot out of camp ... same as Harrison. When Harrison went out he was replaced by Grimm. Ogando was never in the bullpen this year.

So back in the spring with Tepesch and Grimm already in the rotation ... in lieu of Ogando ... who would you have started?
I did also say that due to injuries THIS YEAR no better options. Don't feel that is necessarily true in the future (again assuming guys are all healthy which we know from this year is a huge assumption).

Also an aside, not yelling with all caps, just on mobile and don't know how to bold from that with the small screen to work with.

spicesadie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello DT, Darryl, Rev, Wastin, Lainey, Romeo....everyone else, lol! How have you been? I've been keeping up with the games pretty much, couldn't just leave lol. Glad the guys are doing sooooo much better than July. Time to beat the Mariners, though they have a good pitcher on the mound tonight! But then so do we....

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all are just relying on what we see on the field, DT. Nothing more, nothing less. No disrespect intended. Murphy is a fine man. Spoke at my Church once. But his days here may be numbered.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello DT, Darryl, Rev, Wastin, Lainey, Romeo....everyone else, lol! How have you been? I've been keeping up with the games pretty much, couldn't just leave lol. Glad the guys are doing sooooo much better than July. Time to beat the Mariners, though they have a good pitcher on the mound tonight! But then so do we....
How the heck are you are you Spicesadie? Miss your dogs.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally irrelevant since Colby is shut down for the year. If you are penciling up a rotation card for 2014 ... might just want to wait until pitchers and catchers report in mid Feb. Anything before then is speculative as relates to either pitcher.

And Lewis and ogando will never have similar stuff. Colby lives on location. Not stuff.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

DT ... you're good. At this point anyone who isn't laughing rolling on the floor when Murphy appears in a lineup batting #9 ... instead of somebody like Gentry ... well they just don't get it. Murphy is a marginal #4OF. Gentry may be a #4 too ... but he's a much better #4 than Murphy.

At the beginning of the season when Borbon was still here ... Murphy was actually the fifth best defensive OF on the roster.

kdm1218

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogando had a rotation spot out of camp ... same as Harrison. When Harrison went out he was replaced by Grimm. Ogando was never in the bullpen this year.

So back in the spring with Tepesch and Grimm already in the rotation ... in lieu of Ogando ... who would you have started?
For what it's worth, I don't believe that a lot of guys who are competing for especially 4/5 and sometimes 3 depending on the team should ever be guaranteed a starting rotation spot coming into camp. Told to prep in offseason to compete for a rotation spot, yes. But then go win your job. If you are a 4/5 you are not so spectacular that some young guy can't come up from the minors and unseat you.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poodles!

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We all are just relying on what we see on the field, DT. Nothing more, nothing less. No disrespect intended. Murphy is a fine man. Spoke at my Church once. But his days here may be numbered.

... like us all. The difference being we know Murphy's are in double digits as relates to his time remaining with TEX.

kdm1218

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Lewis and ogando will never have similar stuff. Colby lives on location. Not stuff.
I agree... I suppose by "stuff" I meant all their physical tools as a pitcher, not just the ability to throw a sizzling ball with a nasty tail on it.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the FO doesn't agree with you. What do you honestly expect from a 5th starter, if he stays healthy? There is nothing that has shown the injuries happened because of starting exclusively, so I just don't understand this mindset.

I know why he was in the starting rotation. I am looking at it from the viewpoint of us having a complete staff. If I have the option of having Ogando in the BP or starting I would rather have in the pen. That first year he was one of the most dominating pitchers coming out of the pen. And I know you understand how important a pen is when you look at teams who are struggling because of it. I think we would be a more dominant team if Harrison or Lewis had been available and Ogando in the pen.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For what it's worth, I don't believe that a lot of guys who are competing for especially 4/5 and sometimes 3 depending on the team should ever be guaranteed a starting rotation spot coming into camp. Told to prep in offseason to compete for a rotation spot, yes. But then go win your job. If you are a 4/5 you are not so spectacular that some young guy can't come up from the minors and unseat you.

Such as who was guaranteed a rotation spot?

Seems like Tepesch (young guy) did exactly that ... winning a spot in camp.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Poodle Doodle is in the house. Welcome back.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know why he was in the starting rotation. I am looking at it from the viewpoint of us having a complete staff. If I have the option of having Ogando in the BP or starting I would rather have in the pen. That first year he was one of the most dominating pitchers coming out of the pen. And I know you understand how important a pen is when you look at teams who are struggling because of it. I think we would be a more dominant team if Harrison or Lewis had been available and Ogando in the pen.

And last year he wasn't as good coming out of the pen. Probably because people have seen him now.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this year the pitching has been pretty dominant. They surely aren't losing many games because of the pitching. If they can shore up the offense in the off season we have a mighty fine contender.