• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle looks average at best.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Sherman or either safety you don't have leads to close.

We get it, dude. You don't like Russell Wilson. At some point, when you just make conclusory statements without any logic to them, it just gets old. With the worst pass protecting offensive line in football, a below average receiving corp, and a running back who is #25 in the NFL in YPC, he has a 101 QB Rating and 500+ rushing yards for the 7th highest scoring team in the NFL.

He takes the 25th or so best offense in the league and has them #7 in scoring. If you put Sherman on the 25th best defense, are they having the type of success Wilson's offense has? The answer is no.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, maybe a game. Roughly half the QBs in the league can do what Russell has been asked to do. That doesn't mean he sucks, just that your defense has been very, very good. When you don't have to be agressive and put the team on your back, you win games. When you don't have to throw the ball because your defense hasn't given up points, you win games.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get it, dude. You don't like Russell Wilson. At some point, when you just make conclusory statements without any logic to them, it just gets old. With the worst pass protecting offensive line in football, a below average receiving corp, and a running back who is #25 in the NFL in YPC, he has a 101 QB Rating and 500+ rushing yards for the 7th highest scoring team in the NFL.

He takes the 25th or so best offense in the league and has them #7 in scoring. If you put Sherman on the 25th best defense, are they having the type of success Wilson's offense has? The answer is no.

Defense>huge lead in takeaways> good starting field position> easier scores

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have 25% more turnovers than the next best team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There seems to be this idea going around that teams need be red hot going in to the playoffs in order to win SBs.

Someone posted this interesting bit on the Hawks board last night:

The 2012 Ravens lost four of their final five games. Won the SB
The 2011 NYG lost 23-10 at home to the 6-10 Redskins in week 15. Went on to win the SB
The 2010 Packers lost 2 of their final four. Went on to win the SB
The 2009 Saints lost their final 3 games (started 13-0), including one to the 3-13 Bucs and 8-8 Panthers. Won the SB
The 2007 Giants lost 2 of their final 3. Went on to win the SB.
The 2006 Colts lost 3 of 4 before winning their final game. Went on to win the SB

Like I said there are players that say actually losing in December can be huge for a team going into the playoffs. After a win it is hard to be too critical of yourself and your team. A loss causes the coaches and players to both have to take a step back and realize the weaknesses they have and what they can do to try and fix that.

Just like last year the Broncos won 11 straight games and none of them if I remember right were within a touchdown. They hadn't had to really fight for a win in a long time so when all of a sudden they found themselves in a close game they didn't quite know what to do. Plus then some of the weaknesses that were present with they lost 3 of their first 5 games in being susceptible to the big play over the top were somewhat ignored because they kept winning.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You must think most of us can learn from your vast knowledge.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must think most of us can learn from your vast knowledge.

Just ignore him, bro. He does this type of thing with every subject he talks about. Produces nothing to support his opinion but that doesn't stop him from offering it.;)

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle's starting field position is good, so are the Pats. Seattle is 3rd in the league in starting field position, the Pats are 7th. So by this logic of Wilson having scoring success solely because of where he's starting on the field, shouldn't a future HOFer with similar starting FP have more TDs?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ignore him, bro. He does this type of thing with every subject he talks about. Produces nothing to support his opinion but that doesn't stop him from offering it.;)

Me thinks you are on to something and I will take your advice.:yahoo:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's starting field position is good, so are the Pats. Seattle is 3rd in the league in starting field position, the Pats are 7th. So by this logic of Wilson having scoring success solely because of where he's starting on the field, shouldn't a future HOFer with similar starting FP have more TDs?

The patriots do score more than Seattle.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not by much however 27.3 vs 26. Considering that the Seahawks play in a division with good defensive teams from top to bottom and Pats....well they play in the NFC east...need I say more?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, judging by the contributions of the run game and starting field position, I guess you think that any average QB can replace Brady too.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not by much however 27.3 vs 26. Considering that the Seahawks play in a division with good defensive teams from top to bottom and Pats....well they play in the NFC east...need I say more?

when did the pats start playing in the nfc east? :noidea:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when did the pats start playing in the nfc east? :noidea:

SNICKER.gif

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one loss to a good team. Better to get it out of the way now. There is such a thing as riding too high. I think this will knock them down just enough to get them even more focused. I'm sure there was added pressure to keep that streak alive. Now they can just play. Start a new streak. A loss isn't always a bad thing, unless you're the Lions and those losses show up far to often.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's one loss to a good team. Better to get it out of the way now. There is such a thing as riding too high. I think this will knock them down just enough to get them even more focused. I'm sure there was added pressure to keep that streak alive. Now they can just play. Start a new streak. A loss isn't always a bad thing, unless you're the Lions and those losses show up far to often.

:agree:That home winning streak was something I didn't care for. They are a distraction and those things always end at some point and I would much rather it happen now than later. I think our defense showed up pretty good for the most part but the Hawks looked like they thought they could coast into the play-offs with the great home field advantage intact. Arizona gave them all the wake-up call they needed and hopefully, they come out against the Rams and play their absolute best like they did against New Orleans.