• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean Marshall vs. Travis Wood Trade

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
45 of the last 50 WS winners are wrong, Kate ?

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Cingrani is LHSP. He qualifies. Now all we gotta do is get in the playoffs and see if he starts.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Cingrani is LHSP. He qualifies. Now all we gotta do is get in the playoffs and see if he starts.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say the Reds and the Pirates are the wild-cards.
Now they will probably jockey around and try to set a rotation. Why? I give up.
But all the same, however the rotation comes down is really how they have to use it. There isn't a chance in that wild-card game to play rotation roulette.
I'd gamble Dusty will try, though.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league has shangai' ed the Reds with a bevy of left handed pitchers because they know they can beat you with a lefty. Rest assured if I was Clint Hurdle in a one game playoff, I am throwing a lefty at the Reds such as Liarano or Locke. That is all it would take and the Reds would get 2 hits and ticket back to the off season.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really got off post subject here. Even though Wood is a LHSP, that BTW, was Dusty's best SP down the stretch in '10, including a near no hitter against the Phil's a week before the playoffs...and Dusty didn't start him in his 0-3 playoff showing against the lefty hitting Phillies. The Giants had a couple to toss at them though, and rode it to a World Championship.

It sort of amazes me that people would be contradictory enough to profess post season is all about getting "hot", but balk at pitching a back of the rotation LHSP in a 3 man short series post season rotation...especially a "hot" LHSP...against lineups that typically have as many lefty hitters as possible.

At the time of the Wood/Marshall trade, the Reds traded a young lefty starter they didnt think they needed, and 2 other semi-prospects for a situational lefty reliever, something they thought they needed. It's usually why teams agree to trade.

No one can predict injuries, and it's tough to project high ceilings for pitchers without impressive fastballs, like Wood, isn't it ? Unless your righty Mike Leake, I guess.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna stick my neck out and say the Reds and the Pirates are the wild-cards.
Now they will probably jockey around and try to set a rotation. Why? I give up.
But all the same, however the rotation comes down is really how they have to use it. There isn't a chance in that wild-card game to play rotation roulette.
I'd gamble Dusty will try, though.

I don't see the Reds making the playoffs. Unless they turn this around, and that doesn't seem likely. Right now I wonder if they will make 500.:gaah: The Diamondbacks are only a few games behind us