• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT/ Nuggets vs Lakers

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Nuggets team is at a peaking performance for the playoffs. Joker amazingly continues to perfect his game at age 28 he continues to get better. Porter Jr., KCP, Bruce Brown, and Alex Gordon all seem comfortable in their roles. Jamal Murray is back into his top form. The club played some of the best defense of the season in game 6 - with just two turnovers in the first three quarters. Green has his moments and Christian Braun is growing into a valuable player off the bench.

With all that - the Nuggets still don't have a physical matchup answer for Anthoney Davis or Lebron James. I still have nightmares from AD's performance in the bubble. The Nuggets are going to have to collapse on AD and James like they did on Booker and KD - giving them 4-6 hands to have to shot through or pass through every time they enter the paint.

I was surprised to see the Nuggets as the betting favorite, but home court advantage probably is a big thing in the Nugs favor.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD has been more consistent, Bron looks good, great defense, MUCH better transition basketball in game 6, and seems like a role player has a great night in every winning game.

I'm frankly just happy to see a real Lakers team after the trades this year, and getting into the playoffs was good enough for me. Never expected Conference Finals, much less beating Grizzlies then Warriors.

I think the Finals winner comes from the West, so either way its been a great basketball year after a Westbrook nightmare.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nuggets have to run the Lakers ragged - we will see who has the best conditioning very soon. Wearing down the opponent is how the Nuggets prevailed against Minny and Pheonix.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nuggets have to run the Lakers ragged - we will see who has the best conditioning very soon. Wearing down the opponent is how the Nuggets prevailed against Minny and Pheonix.
Lakers are legitimately 8 or 9 deep, so that might be hard. But I agree, their tempo could hurt over a longer series.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers in 4

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck of a game last night - with a Nuggets win. Two things were proven - the Nuggets are much better when pushing the pace and the Lakers are much better at the half-court game. Jokic is magnificent. Go Nuggets!

I thought I saw @LGM working the sweat mop at Ball last night.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game these playoffs where LBJ and AD both played 40 minutes and lost. I hope it takes them three days to recover! ;)

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pushing that pace was huge in the first half. Joker is amazing, but dang lost in his greatness was AD's monster game with 40 and 10. He and LBJ abused the Nuggs in the paint in the 2nd half. The Nuggs need to figure out better D on AD and LBJ in the low post and how to deal with it when AD guards Gordon which let him roam and bother Joker a bit late in the game. As Malone said though better to ID adjustments for game 2 after a win than a loss. Go Nuggets.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers made really good adjustments in the 2nd half. Hopefully Malone figures out a counter to the Laker's change in the lineup. Joker got shut down pretty good in the 2nd half but it did open up some perimeter shooters with 3's. My biggest complaint from last night is being up by 20 at the half and allowing the enemy to claw back to within one possession. It gave the Lakers confidence heading into Game 2. We can't lose our home court advantage in this series.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers made really good adjustments in the 2nd half. Hopefully Malone figures out a counter to the Laker's change in the lineup. Joker got shut down pretty good in the 2nd half but it did open up some perimeter shooters with 3's. My biggest complaint from last night is being up by 20 at the half and allowing the enemy to claw back to within one possession. It gave the Lakers confidence heading into Game 2. We can't lose our home court advantage in this series.
AD scored 40, Bron 1 assist away from a triple/double and the Lakers shooting 54/46 and still lost. There’s no moral victory here. AD and Reaves played out of their minds. Jokic and Murray had a normal game by their standards.

That said I’m still nervous about Game 2 because Denver always struggles when they play LA so until this series is over I’m gonna be worried. We could be up 3-0 and I wouldn’t feel confident about winning the series.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD and LBJ both put in over 40 minutes on the floor. Let's see how much energy they have tomorrow. The Nuggets got a good look at the Laker's plan B - so I expect adjustments on the part of the Nuggets.

That said - the Lakers worry me too. Champions overcome these challenges.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver needs to hold home court advantage. Tomorrow is huge. Lets just hope that none of the nuggets get hurt tripping over the flopping lakers.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on the final outcome was different. If we had won that game last night by 20, I’d be predicting a game 2 win by the Lakers. Human nature is when things come easily, it’s easy to coast. Keeping the respect (legitimate respect in this case) for an opponent is key to maintaining intensity. As a coach I’d lean on that heavily going into game 2.