• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Rams

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than just about every other NFL or collegiate, game I guess I'm not sure.... what the fuck are you asking? Have you never seen a pile where the ref's dig into it for 30 seconds to a minute and then point one way or the other? You comment on an NFL board but never actually watch games?

They don't state what player recovered!! You keep saying they said #46 recovered when they never said that. They just pointed to say the Rams recovered. Refs don't get on their mic and tell the crowd what player recovered the ball, they saw what team

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just go away. You won't see your board swarmed with Seahawks fans if you lose to the Broncos tonight.

I don't post on the 49ers board on here anymore so you can do what you want and I don't care. I am talking about the game, not making fun of you guys for losing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like a boxer who doesn't score a knockout, the Seahawks sent it to the judges by being so close in points margin. Special teams dug a deep hole, defense didn't help, and the offense couldn't quite dig out from under it without a functional line. If this season has demonstrated anything to me on offense, its that Unger and Zach Miller earn their money. On defense, it's that running with your #1, #4, and #5, or sometimes #6 CBs will screw up any defense.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow do you not know the rules.. The ref brought it back to where Mason fumbled the ball because you can't fumble forward and recover and get those yards like that. Since the Rams recovered they brought the ball back to where Mason fumbled.

Well, they certainly did not bring it back to where Mason fumbled it, but I guess you could be right that they determined STL recovered in the final pile. Nothing about the video shows that, but that is how it is described in the PBP. What I saw was the ref point and spotting the ball where #46 booted the ball away and no one looking into the pile proclaiming possession.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The boys on the radio (stats guys), have gone back as far as 1960 and have yet to find a QB to throw for 300 yards and run for 100 yards. Russell Wilson may be the only one to ever do it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there was NO EVIDENCE the Seahawks clearly recovered the ball so it doesn't matter. The play on the field would have stood not confirmed because there is no clear evidence either way which is usually how it is on plays like that, you just can't tell from replays. I have seen guys clearly come out of the pile with the ball but they give it to the other team. Shit happens.

Dude ... When there is a fumble you wait until the pile clears and you determine who has the ball.. You don't just flip a coin and decide which team has possession... Listen to what your saying... Were talking football 101 right now.. Ball is fumbled pile ensues... Who-ever comes out with ball has possession.... Refs never waited to see who had possession they just awarded it back to the Rams.. Seahawks were on the dam ball...

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they certainly did not bring it back to where Mason fumbled it, but I guess you could be right that they determined STL recovered in the final pile. Nothing about the video shows that, but that is how it is described in the PBP. What I saw was the ref point and spotting the ball where #46 booted the ball away and no one looking into the pile proclaiming possession.

I am trying to find a replay of the play to see where he fumbled and where they spotted the ball but the announcers even mentioned what I did about the ball being placed where he fumbled the ball.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude ... When there is a fumble you wait until the pile clears and you determine who has the ball.. You don't just flip a coin and decide which team has possession... Listen to what your saying... Were talking football 101 right now.. Ball is fumbled pile ensues... Who-ever comes out with ball has possession.... Refs never waited to see who had possession they just awarded it back to the Rams.. Seahawks were on the dam ball...

They do that all the time. Like I said in another post I have seen plenty of times where a player comes out with the ball but the other team is awarded the ball before the pile clears.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do that all the time. Like I said in another post I have seen plenty of times where a player comes out with the ball but the other team is awarded the ball before the pile clears.

Rams absolutely did not recover the fumble... They didn't wait or look or even have a clue... They will take some heat for this ... You need too watch the play... If this happened to your Niners to end a game you would be just as pissed as we are.... This is one of the worst call's I've ever seen in my life...

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams absolutely did not recover the fumble... They didn't wait or look or even have a clue... They will take some heat for this ... You need too watch the play... If this happened to your Niners to end a game you would be just as pissed as we are.... This is one of the worst call's I've ever seen in my life...

I watched the play live and watched however many replays Fox showed. There was no clear recovery. You see Sherman fumbling around with the ball and then a player gets in the way of the view so you don't know what happens next.
If there was no clear recovery there is nothing anyone can do about it. I can't say if I would or wouldn't be pissed. I would be pissed they let up a fake punt to pretty much seal the game and would be pissed we let the Rams win. That fumble is not why the Seahawks lost so you should be mad about how they played for most of the game not just one single play.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am trying to find a replay of the play to see where he fumbled and where they spotted the ball but the announcers even mentioned what I did about the ball being placed where he fumbled the ball.

This is how ESPN's PBP describes it:

3rd and 1 at STL 45 (1:14) T.Mason left tackle to SEA 46 for 9 yards (M.Smith). FUMBLES (M.Smith), touched at SEA 36, recovered by SL-C.Harkey at SEA 32. Ball recovered by SL at the SEA 32, by rule it returned to the spot where the ball is batted forward.
1st and 10 at SEA 41 (1:14) A.Davis kneels to SEA 42 for -1 yards.

no idea if that is an accurate representation of what was actually called.

flight104

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How sad ... the referees chalk up another win.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are either exaggerating about worst call you've ever seen or have not watched a lot of football. I've seen you on hear for years now so I know you watch a lot of football, I'm guessing that was just a heat of the moment comment..

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll in his presser said that Sherman was lying on top of the ball but was too tied up to grab the ball and he felt that the Rams eventually got possession. With the replays shown on TV it was hard to tell

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they should have reviewed it, but water under the bridge now. I refuse to sweat calls from the refs, shit happens, some time in favor of, some time not in favor of.

Just let it go.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the head ref, the one that shook jeff fishers hand after the fake punt, called it rams ball BEFORE the ball came out of the pile. rewatch the play moron.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3rd and 1 at STL 45 (1:14) T.Mason left tackle to SEA 46 for 9 yards (M.Smith). FUMBLES (M.Smith), touched at SEA 36, recovered by SL-C.Harkey at SEA 32. Ball recovered by SL at the SEA 32, by rule it returned to the spot where the ball is batted forward.

And now that I look back at rosters and see that Cory Harkey is #46, I see that my original assessment was correct.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the play live and watched however many replays Fox showed. There was no clear recovery. You see Sherman fumbling around with the ball and then a player gets in the way of the view so you don't know what happens next.
If there was no clear recovery there is nothing anyone can do about it. I can't say if I would or wouldn't be pissed. I would be pissed they let up a fake punt to pretty much seal the game and would be pissed we let the Rams win. That fumble is not why the Seahawks lost so you should be mad about how they played for most of the game not just one single play.

That's because the refs didn't wait and see who recovered it... You can see on the replay who had the ball... Seattle... And I'm not debating whether we played bad I just hate seeing refs fuck up and end a game with BS like that... Rams fumbled and didn't have to pay for it...

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So they put it back to where the ball was hit by a Rams player to not gain that extra yardage. I guess the rule is either where the ball was fumbled or hit forward by a player of the same team.

Not sure how ESPN determined which player recovered the ball though.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they should have reviewed it, but water under the bridge now. I refuse to sweat calls from the refs, shit happens, some time in favor of, some time not in favor of.

Just let it go.

:10: