• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Rams

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they put it back to where the ball was hit by a Rams player to not gain that extra yardage. I guess the rule is either where the ball was fumbled or hit forward by a player of the same team.

Not sure how ESPN determined which player recovered the ball though.

I can only assume you are being intentionally dense. the refs called it down on the 32 by their #46. He clearly did not have possession and the ball clearly ended up in shermans arms. but that didnt matter because the refs called it down at the 32 where IT WAS OBVIOUSLY NOT RECOVERED BY THE RAMS.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they put it back to where the ball was hit by a Rams player to not gain that extra yardage. I guess the rule is either where the ball was fumbled or hit forward by a player of the same team.

Not sure how ESPN determined which player recovered the ball though.

I think the refs assumed the Ram recovered it when he fell on it... But he didn't posses it... slipped right out of his arm before he could grab it... They never bothered to wait and see who had the ball... Look it's a BS call by the refs plain and simple ... The league is gonna hear about it... You just can't end a game like that ... You just can't...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only assume you are being intentionally dense. the refs called it down on the 32 by their #46. He clearly did not have possession and the ball clearly ended up in shermans arms. but that didnt matter because the refs called it down at the 32 where IT WAS OBVIOUSLY NOT RECOVERED BY THE RAMS.

:agree:

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they should have reviewed it, but water under the bridge now. I refuse to sweat calls from the refs, shit happens, some time in favor of, some time not in favor of.

Just let it go.

Since I am up in arms about this call and pissed, I will give my take on this:
When the call is in live action and humans make mistakes all the time, I am in 100% agreement.

If it was on the Hawks to have a challenge remaining and use it, I am in 100% agreement.

When it is in the ref's hands to go back and look at a clearly controversial call that is 100% reviewable and they don't do it: fuck that. That is a crew absolutely failing at their job.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because the refs didn't wait and see who recovered it... You can see on the replay who had the ball... Seattle... And I'm not debating whether we played bad I just hate seeing refs fuck up and end a game with BS like that... Rams fumbled and didn't have to pay for it...

I never saw what player ended up coming out of the pile with the ball, did you?

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should it have been reviewed? Absolutely. But there is no guarantee that a review would have overturned the call. 50/50 at best. Frankly, If the defense and ESPECIALLY the ST units execute, it's a moot point.

We blew it.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So why was the ball hiked on the 41 on the next play? Again, the refs never said what player recovered the ball and I never saw what play came out of the pile with the ball. You are basing who recovered and what the refs decided off of who ESPN said recovered the ball. Just because the person running the play by play for ESPN said that is what happened is not exactly what was decided by refs.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why was the ball hiked on the 41 on the next play? Again, the refs never said what player recovered the ball and I never saw what play came out of the pile with the ball. You are basing who recovered and what the refs decided off of who ESPN said recovered the ball. Just because the person running the play by play for ESPN said that is what happened is not exactly what was decided by refs.

the ball goes back to the spot of the fumble because, as you have said, you cannot advance the ball. they said it was recovered by #46. now go back and watch the tape and tell me where #46 recovered it.

because HE DIDNT!

and yes, they did motion to where it was "recovered" by #46.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never saw what player ended up coming out of the pile with the ball, did you?

I believe it was Sherman but can't say for sure... But you could see in the pile Seattle was all over it when the camera panned in... Seattle had the ball... But it was already miraculously awarded to the Rams... Refs failed at there jobs .... utterly failed.. Rams fumbled and it didn't matter... Game over...

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the ball goes back to the spot of the fumble because, as you have said, you cannot advance the ball. they said it was recovered by #46. now go back and watch the tape and tell me where #46 recovered it.

because HE DIDNT!

and yes, they did motion to where it was "recovered" by #46.

Who said it was recovered by #46? I never saw it.

I am still trying to find a damn highlight of this play. NFL sucks

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it was Sherman but can't say for sure... But you could see in the pile Seattle was all over it when the camera panned in... Seattle had the ball... But it was already miraculously awarded to the Rams... Refs failed at there jobs .... utterly failed.. Rams fumbled and it didn't matter... Game over...

If he recovered it we will hear about it pretty soon. He won't keep quiet about something like that.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw Sherman trying to recover the ball but the camera angle given by FOX showed he was still bobbling it and never had full possession of the ball. I don't know if he ended up having the ball when the pile was uncovered, never saw that part of the play

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys. Did the refs fuck up. Hell ya.

But most of you are blaming it on the refs and refusing to take a look at the fact that we are 3-3 going into a team that is no easy W with carolina

we sleepwalked today and paid with a loss

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Sherman trying to recover the ball but the camera angle given by FOX showed he was still bobbling it and never had full possession of the ball. I don't know if he ended up having the ball when the pile was uncovered, never saw that part of the play

This is accurate. As I said before, our coach felt that the ball eventually wound up in the Rams hands

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it comes down to the pile, there was no indisputable possession. The issue is whether Sherman had possession before the pile. I sure thought he did on the replay they showed in the stadium. Judging by Pete's yelling at the refs and pointing at the video screen, he did too.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said it was recovered by #46? I never saw it.

I am still trying to find a damn highlight of this play. NFL sucks

Once you see the play ... You will understand the frustration on the call.. A game should never end like that..

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't use the "It's ESPN, so they could be/must be wrong" excuse... NFL.com says the same thing:

(1:14) 27-T.Mason left tackle to SEA 46 for 9 yards (53-M.Smith). FUMBLES (53-M.Smith), touched at SEA 41, recovered by STL-46-C.Harkey at SEA 32. Ball recovered by STL at the SEA 32, by rule it returned to the spot where the ball is batted forward.
1-10-SEA 41
(1:14) 9-A.Davis kneels to SEA 42 for -1 yards.

The ref's fucked this up, and didn't review when they should have.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys. Did the refs fuck up. Hell ya.

But most of you are blaming it on the refs and refusing to take a look at the fact that we are 3-3 going into a team that is no easy W with carolina

we sleepwalked today and paid with a loss

Dunno how you sleptwalked...you outgained them by 200 or so yards, right? It's just that you got dominated on special teams.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't use the "It's ESPN, so they could be/must be wrong" excuse... NFL.com says the same thing:

(1:14) 27-T.Mason left tackle to SEA 46 for 9 yards (53-M.Smith). FUMBLES (53-M.Smith), touched at SEA 41, recovered by STL-46-C.Harkey at SEA 32. Ball recovered by STL at the SEA 32, by rule it returned to the spot where the ball is batted forward.
1-10-SEA 41

Absolutely inexcusable... You just can't let a game end like that ... You just can't ..

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1-10-SEA 41

Who says #46 wasn't the guy who eventually recovered the ball? He might have been which is why they wrote that down