• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks vs Patriots SportsHoopla analysis/discussion

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again. I think NE is going to try run the ball too.
I'm not so sure. Seattle expects you to run on them so....no one runs well on them.

Imo, NE is going to go spread passing attack.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton these guys don't watch the NFC West week after week.

Seattle is gonna eat their livers like Hannibal if they spread it out.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is gonna eat their livers like Hannibal if they spread it out.
You've seen how quickly the Rams abandon the run against Seattle after it works once or twice. Either the Rams are coached by boobs or Seattle stacks against the run.

Seattle's Dline should be able to win the LOS against the Pats oline. Just not enough to get to Brady. If you're the Patriots, you have to think that Brady getting time in the pocket is the way to win.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've seen how quickly the Rams abandon the run against Seattle after it
works once or twice. Either the Rams are coached by boobs or Seattle stacks
against the run.

I think you definitely pass to set up the run. But the problem is 3 all pro's in that Seattle secondary and very good LBs as well. New England is praying that Blount can make some noise.

And yes we are coached by boobs. Young team, with an offensive boob coordinator.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think that this is the most intriguing match up that we could have had. It is going to be two interesting and controversial head coaches, a dynamic offense against a great D, and a league leading rushing attack against an underrated Dline.

Hoping for a great game.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the Packers pass blocking was pretty damn good the entire game
Yes, your protection was stellar. I read an article about the health and continuity of your OL this year. Something like 4 of the 5 starters played every game???
Can you elaborate a bit on that?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think that this is the most intriguing match up that we could have had.
Ick.

Denver, Arizona, Green Bay and Seattle all imploded in the playoffs this year. Seattle just got lucky that they played another team who imploded.

Its an intriguing matchup from an Xs and Os standpoint but not as much as last year's Super Bowl and that ended in a blowout. I expect an ugly, close game that lacks an underdog or feel good team

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or more relevant, any Ravens game in the last 2 years.

One thing I know, the Pats will not turtle like the Packers. They don't shutdown the offense until they can start taking a knee.

Yeah, they can take a knee but they shouldn't have against the Ravens. Flacco completes that hail mary or we get a penalty down there and they score that goes down as one of the great blunders in playoff history. Pats got lucky.

Again referring to the Ravens game, for the entire second half Brady threw and barely bothered to hint at a run and he took 'em apart. Saying that they'll need to run well yeah, maybe.

I had some buds over for the NFC game so I wasn't hoopin' but after GB was kicking ass, I picked up my ipad and checked out all the people who were putting the Hawks in the dumpster. I left just one post that there's a lot of ball to play. That proved true. Both of these teams will play you all 4 quarters and I'm wondering how this couldn't be an epic game 'cause by the time everyone gets done with woofin' and analysis, his fucker's a coin toss.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy for fans to sit up here and predict which team will easily just stop the other teams (X) by doing (Y), but when is it ever that easy?

Saying just stop Lynch is far easier said than done. Particularly if there isn't solid second layer discipline to prevent Wilson from keeping it and gashing them the other way. They are so good at using that zone read stuff to spread out the LB's just enough to give Lynch real chances of breaking open middle to longer runs.

On the other side, just stopping NE isn't that easy either. I will say I'm not worried about their formations or any of their other antics. Seattle isn't going to either. They line up and do what they do on defense and just dare you to attack them any way you want. The only question will be Thomas and Sherman's injuries and overall ability to play at full speed for 60 minutes.

I honestly won't be surprised no matter who wins. It really is way too tough at this point to predict.

I just hope we get a SB worth watching all the way to the final whistle. Who wouldn't want to see a last second win by whichever team is going to hoist the Lombardi?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy for fans to sit up here and predict which team will easily just stop the other teams (X) by doing (Y), but when is it ever that easy?

Saying just stop Lynch is far easier said than done. Particularly if there isn't solid second layer discipline to prevent Wilson from keeping it and gashing them the other way. They are so good at using that zone read stuff to spread out the LB's just enough to give Lynch real chances of breaking open middle to longer runs.

On the other side, just stopping NE isn't that easy either. I will say I'm not worried about their formations or any of their other antics. Seattle isn't going to either. They line up and do what they do on defense and just dare you to attack them any way you want. The only question will be Thomas and Sherman's injuries and overall ability to play at full speed for 60 minutes.

I honestly won't be surprised no matter who wins. It really is way too tough at this point to predict.

I just hope we get a SB worth watching all the way to the final whistle. Who wouldn't want to see a last second win by whichever team is going to hoist the Lombardi?

Esp for all four quarters. You can contain Lynch for periods of time but he's gonna get a quarter in on you. Kind of like Brady. Containing him all four quarters is the hard part.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they can take a knee but they shouldn't have against the Ravens. Flacco completes that hail mary or we get a penalty down there and they score that goes down as one of the great blunders in playoff history. Pats got lucky.

Again referring to the Ravens game, for the entire second half Brady threw and barely bothered to hint at a run and he took 'em apart. Saying that they'll need to run well yeah, maybe.

I had some buds over for the NFC game so I wasn't hoopin' but after GB was kicking ass, I picked up my ipad and checked out all the people who were putting the Hawks in the dumpster. I left just one post that there's a lot of ball to play. That proved true. Both of these teams will play you all 4 quarters and I'm wondering how this couldn't be an epic game 'cause by the time everyone gets done with woofin' and analysis, his fucker's a coin toss.

In the playoffs luck is part of the equation. The Patriots lost two fumbles and managed to recover both of them. One was with Edelman where he was surrounded by Ravens who all pounced on the ball and yet somehow he still came up with it. (I'm sure many watching thought there was no way it wasn't the Ravens ball)

Both teams are pretty battle-tested at this point. They both deserve to be there.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the Patriots OL hold up to Seattles front line? I mean they had no problem with the COLTS DL but Seattles is much better imo.

BB will have something up his sleeve to try and throw the D off their tracks but I don't see the Seahawks being taken by surprise to easily. What's the news on Sherman? I mean obviously he will be playing but will he be healthy? It's a shoulder right?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the playoffs luck is part of the equation. The Patriots lost two fumbles and managed to recover both of them. One was with Edelman where he was surrounded by Ravens who all pounced on the ball and yet somehow he still came up with it. (I'm sure many watching thought there was no way it wasn't the Ravens ball)

Both teams are pretty battle-tested at this point. They both deserve to be there.

Turning point of the game that's for sure!

whoever has less turnovers will win this game. Because both of these teams will capitalize on the others mistake(s)

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well that's kinda the point. Their attack is for you to waste your time covering a receiver that your defense did not realize was ineligible.

Worry may not be the correct word for it but I can guarantee you that the defensive coaches in Seattle are
putting those ineligible receiver plays under a microscope.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's kinda the point. Their attack is for you to waste your time covering a receiver that your defense did not realize was ineligible.

Worry may not be the correct word for it but I can guarantee you that the defensive coaches in Seattle are
putting those ineligible receiver plays under a microscope.

Yeah, theyre going to look for tipoffs for that stuff. The Pats ran one of those plays late on Sun that I think was more about setting the table for the next game than anthing else. What stood out to me on the play wasnt so much that they caught the Colts defense off guard, but how slow the LBs were when he got the ball.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know but the Packers did a decent job. That was surprising. I think it's something the Pats need to do.

The Patriots should be able to run on the Seahawks.

The PK

Capo Di Tutti Capi
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should also not discount the backlash from deflateGate. Two weeks of that and I think the Patriots will be ready to chew someone's arm off.

:agree:
A pissed off Brady is a highly motivated one, he also needs to tell Yoko to stay home.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. Yoko's the only one who kept it real. He cannot fucking catch the ball too. Fortunately we have Edleman who will catch it.