• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks vs Patriots SportsHoopla analysis/discussion

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things work in Seattle's favor:

That they had a real scare in their CCG, and that New England had a walkover in theirs.

Two things in NE's favor:

They are extremely confident and they came out of their game with less bumps and bruises.

If Seattle can protect Wilson and establish the run, this should be a close game and I'd give them the advantage. But if they turn the ball over 4 times, the Patriots will not settle for FG's and this could be another classic Superb Owl blowout.

I wouldn't expect Wilson to have a dud of a game again and the Pats will have to contain him in the pocket so he doesn't run wild.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is beat up quite a bit more. Sherman/Thomas will play but who knows how healthy they will be (at least they have 2 weeks to rest).

I will say that for Seattle to have another game back to back with 5+ turnovers is pretty unlikely. The fact they were able to still win with that amount of turnovers (even though Rodgers was hurt) is pretty remarkable.

KJ Wright has proven he can shut down some of the best tight ends and while there is really very little chance of completely shutting down Gronk, Seattle is the team best fit for it with Kam/KJ Wright.

Pats are a good red zone team too with the Gronk. I just don't see them missing on converting red zone opportunities where the Packers REALLY got in trouble with. 5 field goals in one game is not helping your odds.

End of day it all depends on the pressure on Brady. Rodgers had a bit too much time for my comfort (although he has the best pass blocking line according to PFF). If Brady gets quite a bit of time though, he'll find his targets. Brady is healthy, too accurate, and his weapons are solid.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touchdowns and not Field Goals.

I got laughed at for saying similalry earlier this year. You have to score TDs when you get the chance.

You settle for two FGs and one drive by Sea and you're trailing.

At least one of those early GB FGs last Sunday would have been attempted to be punched over if it was NE.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got laughed at for saying similalry earlier this year. You have to score TDs when you get the chance.

You settle for two FGs and one drive by Sea and you're trailing.

At least one of those early GB FGs last Ssunday would have been attempted to be punched over if it was NE.

Without a doubt. Crosby set a NFC title game record going 5/5 on field goals!

What a feat that should be cheered. Now if those would have been TDs, Seattle gets blown out.

I don't think the Patriots will be kicking field goals. With a monster TE like Gronk and a banged up secondary, you get in the red zone and they going to score. I don't see them getting to the red zone as a problem.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I see Vernon Davis' name I want to punch a wall.

WTF happened to that guy this year?

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattles' D better learn how to pressure Brady, and stop the run, unlike they did against the Packers...till the Packers played not to lose football the last 5 minutes of the game

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Seahawks tried to give the game to Aaron Rodgers and still won, how is Brady going to do it with inferior WRs? Blount = Lacy.

If Seattle doesn't turn it over, I don't see how Brady and that O-line can deal with the Seattle pressure.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Seahawks tried to give the game to Aaron Rodgers and still won, how is Brady going to do it with inferior WRs? Blount = Lacy.

If Seattle doesn't turn it over, I don't see how Brady and that O-line can deal with the Seattle pressure.

the Pats receivers may not have made the Pro Bowl but they are not 'inferior'.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What pressure? Seattle's front 4 looked terrible against Green Bay and that is an inferior OL compared to New England's. That is something Seattle is going to have to fix because you don't want to be forced to blitz Brady to create any sort of pressure.

....and Blount does not = Lacy. Lacy is a top RB in this league. Blount is a journeyman who does well once every 25 games when he has a good matchup. Seattle is NOT that matchup. I bet Blount doesn't even touch the ball 10 times during the SB.

Last edited by a moderator:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What pressure? Seattle's front 4 looked terrible against the Green Bay and that is an inferior OL compared to New England's.

....and Blount does not = Lacy. Lacy is a top RB in this league. Blount is a journeyman who does well once every 25 games when the matchup suites him.

*correction - Blount does very well when running against the Colts in the playoffs*

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Pats receivers may not have made the Pro Bowl but they are not
'inferior'.

Nelson, Adams, Cobb vs. Amendola, Lefell, and Edelman?

What pressure? Seattle's front 4 looked terrible against the Green Bay and that
is an inferior OL compared to New England's.

And they still won. So you are saying the Seattle D is overrated? Ask the Broncos about that.

and Blount does not = Lacy. Lacy is a top RB in this league. Blount is a
journeyman who does well once every 25 games when the matchup suites him.

They are both big bruising RBs and wear down defenses. Try to think outside the box a little.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't judge Seattle on their 1st half performance in one game. but that's me.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is my thought. If Marshawn goes off that should seal it. In many games our opponent has built a D plan to eliminate ML. Sometimes it works very well. If that happens it will be up to RW to win the game.

Pretty simplistic view, but it is hard for me to have a feel for this game. Easily could go either way.

belichick is a great coach you just never know what he will come up with .. its hard to prepare for someone like him

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This same talk happened last year with Manning and the #1 offense. How was Seattle going to stop them?

In fact, the NFCCG and AFCCG were pretty much the same, Broncos won fairly easy If I remember right and Seattle had to have the Sherman tip to secure a game they were behind in from the get go.

I have a lot more respect on the field for Brady and Belicheck than I did Manning and Fox so there is no way I see a similar SB, but If Seattle can keep this close through 3 quarters I think they will eventually wear down the Pats and win a close game.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[Nelson, Adams, Cobb vs. Amendola, Lefell, and Edelman?

Their WR's are inferior but you add Gronk and Vereen into the equation and New England has better overall receivers.

And they still won. So you are saying the Seattle D is overrated? Ask the Broncos about that.
I said their pressure against Green Bay from their front 4 was terrible. It was. There was no pass rush. If the DL plays like that against New England, it will be hard for Seattle to slow down the Pat's offense.

They are both big bruising RBs and wear down defenses. Try to think outside the box a little.
This is football. There is no reason to think out of the box. It's an incredibly simple sport.

Saying Lacy and Blount is equal is like saying Tom Brady and Jimmy Garoppolo are equal because they are both New England QB's so it won't matter if Brady gets hurt in the 1st quarter. There is a significant difference in quality you seem to be missing.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt. Crosby set a NFC title game record going 5/5 on field goals!

What a feat that should be cheered. Now if those would have been TDs, Seattle gets blown out.

I don't think the Patriots will be kicking field goals. With a monster TE like Gronk and a banged up secondary, you get in the red zone and they going to score. I don't see them getting to the red zone as a problem.
and if Seattle doesn't turn the ball over 5 times, they would have blown out GB.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying Lacy and Blount is equal is like saying Tom Brady and Jimmy Garoppolo
are equal because they are both New England QB's so it won't matter if Brady
gets hurt in the 1st quarter.
:scratch:

I said their pressure against Green Bay from their front 4 is terrible. It was.
There was no pass rush. If the DL plays like that against New England, it will
be hard for Seattle to slow down the Pat's offense.
so you are judging the Seattle D on their 1st half against Green Bay?

Their WR's are inferior but you add Gronk and Vereen into the equation and New
England has better overall receivers.
That's who Brady is going to need to use, problem is Chancellor and Seattle's LBs. BUt New Englands WR's are not even close to Green Bay's. That's what I was saying.

Seattle tried to give the game to Aaron Rodgers and still won. That's a dam good offense. Broncos had a dam good offense.

Bellicheat is going to need some video which i'm sure he has.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
belichick is a great coach you just never know what he will come up with .. its hard to prepare for someone like him
Yes, his rep precedes him. Pete is pretty crafty too.
We don't see NE very often. Last time was in `12 when RW killed them (as a rookie) with a perfect dime to a contested WR for the winning TD at The Clink near end of the game which created the You Mad Bro slogan.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This same talk happened last year with Manning and the #1 offense. How was Seattle going to stop them?

In fact, the NFCCG and AFCCG were pretty much the same, Broncos won fairly easy If I remember right and Seattle had to have the Sherman tip to secure a game they were behind in from the get go.

I have a lot more respect on the field for Brady and Belicheck than I did Manning and Fox so there is no way I see a similar SB, but If Seattle can keep this close through 3 quarters I think they will eventually wear down the Pats and win a close game.

I need to re watch that Super Bowl to see how that game really played out. (this time minus the Tecate's & pickle shots.)