• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks vs Patriots SportsHoopla analysis/discussion

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah. Blount may not be as good as Lacey but I am sure the Patriots will seriously try to run the ball whether it's with two TEs, Fleming as an additional whatever. They need to make Seattle worry about the run or it will be a long day for the Patriots.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks should watch both Giants SB games against Patriots.

Or more relevant, any Ravens game in the last 2 years.

One thing I know, the Pats will not turtle like the Packers. They don't shutdown the offense until they can start taking a knee.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get this, my son's robotics team has a meet scheduled out across the state on SB Sunday and he's going to miss the game. The poor dude's been waiting for the Pats to win a SB since he was a wee lad. He's PISSED.

WTF are they thinking?

He might as well miss this one, cause it ain't gonna happen.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Patriots lose this SB, they will tie Vikings and Bills as the biggest SB losers...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Tim Wright will emerge again in this game. He has been underutilized lately.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot easier said than done.

Seattle couldn't blitz Rodgers on Sunday. He's simply too good to blitz even hobbled. I doubt you see them blitz Brady much either for a lot of the same reasons. Those two are simply too smart and too slick in the pocket (and Rodgers, even hobbled) you have to worry about breaking the pocket and really burning your coverage.

Which means you have to get pressure from your front 4. And as we saw from Sunday's game, Seattle's front 4 is far from a dominating unit.

The Giant's in those SB's were so successful because their front 4 was so good that they could supply constant pressure without having to blitz. That first SB was actually probably one of the most dominating postseasons we have ever seen from a front 4 (and that is saying A LOT when you consider the DL's that have played in the playoffs over the history of this league).

Seattle has no chance of supply that type of pressure with only their front 4. So they do have to rely on their secondary a lot more. Luckily for them their secondary is as good as it gets.

Seattle doesn't blitz much anyway so "not" blitzing because of the Brady factor is really a non issue. Seattles MO is to give up the intermediate passes, 5-10 yds and make the receivers pay for those, which fits exactly how the Pats play. I think you'll see the Pats able to move pretty consistent between the 20's but punching it in the end zone is a completely different story.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't really matter who wins, I just want everyone to be happy.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My $.02:

-I think Seattle can run on New England. NE's footballoutsiders numbers against the run are really bad. Bill Simmons has mentioned a couple of times that the type of teams that could beat this Pats team in the playoffs would be the type of team that is physical and runs the ball.

-Seattle's special teams might be terrible. Their return game looked dead on arrival against Green Bay.

-There are two ways to beat the Patriots: make Tom Brady feel pressure up the middle and cover Gronk. Seattle can cover Gronk better than almost anyone. Seattle probably isn't going to be able to get Brady to move off his spot, though. Thats HUGE.

-New England seems to gameplan against every team differently trying to attack their weakness. Seattle plays some fairly vanilla stuff and then adjusts in the 2nd half.

This looks every bit like a game where New England gets a decent lead with a short passing attack and then Seattle battles back with running the ball and one or two big pass plays.

thisistheyear

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This same talk happened last year with Manning and the #1 offense. How was Seattle going to stop them?

In fact, the NFCCG and AFCCG were pretty much the same, Broncos won fairly easy If I remember right and Seattle had to have the Sherman tip to secure a game they were behind in from the get go.

I have a lot more respect on the field for Brady and Belicheck than I did Manning and Fox so there is no way I see a similar SB, but If Seattle can keep this close through 3 quarters I think they will eventually wear down the Pats and win a close game.

It was Peyton Manning. Enough said

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle doesn't blitz much anyway so "not" blitzing because of the Brady factor is really a non issue. Seattles MO is to give up the intermediate passes, 5-10 yds and make the receivers pay for those, which fits exactly how the Pats play. I think you'll see the Pats able to move pretty consistent between the 20's but punching it in the end zone is a completely different story.

The whole "punish the receivers" strategy and kill the YAC. Yep. That's the Patriots bread and butter all right.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My $.02:

-I think Seattle can run on New England. NE's footballoutsiders numbers against the run are really bad. Bill Simmons has mentioned a couple of times that the type of teams that could beat this Pats team in the playoffs would be the type of team that is physical and runs the ball.

-Seattle's special teams might be terrible. Their return game looked dead on arrival against Green Bay.

-There are two ways to beat the Patriots: make Tom Brady feel pressure up the middle and cover Gronk. Seattle can cover Gronk better than almost anyone. Seattle probably isn't going to be able to get Brady to move off his spot, though. Thats HUGE.

-New England seems to gameplan against every team differently trying to attack their weakness. Seattle plays some fairly vanilla stuff and then adjusts in the 2nd half.

This looks every bit like a game where New England gets a decent lead with a short passing attack and then Seattle battles back with running the ball and one or two big pass plays.

Again. I think NE is going to try run the ball too. Or else the Seattle secondary will tighten up even more.

If the Pats can chew up yardage and time it will all be good for them.