• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks vs Chiefs

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleh, easy drop from Rawls, that sucks, I thought last week he did real well.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a third string QB Archer looks decent.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing that shot of Cary Williams standing next to Britt was interesting. Britt looked like a giant, Williams looked my size.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall a good game, definitely cleaner than last week... O-line seemed to play better, 1st team looked a little more polished ...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some progress. Need to see a big jump next week though, when the starters play more.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL continues to be the point of concern. Defensive played well. Offense was pretty bland. Clearly they were more interested in situational experimenting than moving the ball.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the hands Graham showed when RW threw that bullet in traffic. I was also impressed with the holding call on Graham -- it was a "negative" play but he was getting after it on that block.

Shead had a good game. Cool to see Clark out there rotating with the 1s and deflecting a pass. That dude is going to be a factor this year. KJ Wright looked like, well, KJ Wright. We have some serious talent on D, and a lot of it hasnt even seen the field yet.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Lockett continuing to make an impact as well. Had some good catches and nice to see that 10 yard average on the punt returns. We sorely missed that last year.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the hands Graham showed when RW threw that bullet in traffic. I was also impressed with the holding call on Graham -- it was a "negative" play but he was getting after it on that block.

Shead had a good game. Cool to see Clark out there rotating with the 1s and deflecting a pass. That dude is going to be a factor this year. KJ Wright looked like, well, KJ Wright. We have some serious talent on D, and a lot of it hasnt even seen the field yet.

My brother and I were saying the same thing as we watched the game. If the D-line stays healthy, this may be the most dominant line we've had under PC. Frank the Tank looks like a beast, and this is all without the LOB. Give that line more time to get the QB when the LOB is in there locking down the secondary and teams are in trouble.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game is just playing on NFL Network now if you missed it... 1:00-3:30pm

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother and I were saying the same thing as we watched the game. If the D-line stays healthy, this may be the most dominant line we've had under PC. Frank the Tank looks like a beast, and this is all without the LOB. Give that line more time to get the QB when the LOB is in there locking down the secondary and teams are in trouble.
Yeah, if we are able to get through the season with Avril-Mebane-Hill-Bennett-Clark-Marsh staying reasonably healthy then that's a nasty DL. Not as good as STL, but I agree -- best under PC. Haven't really focused much on the guy we got from Cleveland either.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if we are able to get through the season with Avril-Mebane-Hill-Bennett-Clark-Marsh staying reasonably healthy then that's a nasty DL. Not as good as STL, but I agree -- best under PC. Haven't really focused much on the guy we got from Cleveland either.

They may be better than STL. Not as top heavy, but more effective by rotation.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense did play Vanilla but they still have some issues moving the ball. I know it's preseason and all but Baldwin, Kearse and Graham were all out there and they put up another goose egg. Not impressed and most played the full half. Last Season Russel had 120 yards passing in the first half against the Chargers with 2 rushing TD by him and another by Turbo in the 2nd Pre-season game. Against the Chiefs 78 yards no TD's for him OR the offense. OK i know that KC's D is better than SD but lets not sugar coat this people. This Offense needs to get it's act together. Our Rushing offense in the first half was a joke also, that is this teams bread and butter. Don't say "well Lynch" because he never plays in the preseason and we normally do not have this much trouble running.

Not pretty but they did improve very slightly over the first game. The Defense improved the most, the offense if anything held serve.

For game #3 i want to see at the very least 2 TD by the #1 offense but i expect 3 or better, then i will feel better.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense did play Vanilla but they still have some issues moving the ball. I know it's preseason and all but Baldwin, Kearse and Graham were all out there and they put up another goose egg. Not impressed and most played the full half. Last Season Russel had 120 yards passing in the first half against the Chargers with 2 rushing TD by him and another by Turbo in the 2nd Pre-season game. Against the Chiefs 78 yards no TD's for him OR the offense. OK i know that KC's D is better than SD but lets not sugar coat this people. This Offense needs to get it's act together. Our Rushing offense in the first half was a joke also, that is this teams bread and butter. Don't say "well Lynch" because he never plays in the preseason and we normally do not have this much trouble running.

Not pretty but they did improve very slightly over the first game. The Defense improved the most, the offense if anything held serve.

For game #3 i want to see at the very least 2 TD by the #1 offense but i expect 3 or better, then i will feel better.
Yeah, sorry, just not going to get all flustered because of a couple quarters of pre-season. When it's time to count the Ws and Ls for real, the boys will show up and be what we know them to be. It's really that simple.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last year we were top ten in points scored, yet only put the ball in the end zone seven times in the first quarter. We are a grind it out, beat you into submission offense that will occasionally go deep if we think you're not paying attention. Expecting eye popping numbers from our starting offense when they are only playing a handful of snaps is just silly.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year we were top ten in points scored, yet only put the ball in the end zone seven times in the first quarter. We are a grind it out, beat you into submission offense that will occasionally go deep if we think you're not paying attention. Expecting eye popping numbers from our starting offense when they are only playing a handful of snaps is just silly.
This seems to be lost on lots of folks this year, but it's totally true. Our offensive approach is about 4 quarters of football, often times using the first couple to set things up for better success in the late going to pull away. It's usually when we're playing the bottom feeders of the league that we just bust out of the gate with big offense. Couple that with the offensive line shuffles going on, and that has to measure your expectation of what we are to see in the first few possessions that the 1st team O has been on the field.

It may be a while before we really see what this O can do. We are at STL in week 1, and that's always a struggle.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see some of you recognizing that D-Line. I was HUGE on Clark when he was drafted and Marsh to me was a Grant Wistrom 2.0..... Add in a healthy Mebane and yikes. Gotta remember, Tom Brady was doing jack crap before Avril went down... and Mebane wasn't even active. Add in Mebane, Avril and the depth this year + a healthy secondary and Wagner? No team can compete offensively.

Obviously defensively (opponent wise) is where we have our issues. Lynch is another year older, O-Line seems worse (Carpenter was a mauler and Unger played some). Least we got Graham/Lockett.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see some of you recognizing that D-Line. I was HUGE on Clark when he was drafted and Marsh to me was a Grant Wistrom 2.0..... Add in a healthy Mebane and yikes. Gotta remember, Tom Brady was doing jack crap before Avril went down... and Mebane wasn't even active. Add in Mebane, Avril and the depth this year + a healthy secondary and Wagner? No team can compete offensively.

Obviously defensively (opponent wise) is where we have our issues. Lynch is another year older, O-Line seems worse (Carpenter was a mauler and Unger played some). Least we got Graham/Lockett.

Carpenter was a mauler rarely. The majority of the time he was a liability.