• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs 49ers ***MUST WIN***

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, Ram's fans haven't had much to crow about like ever, so if one of their fans has a moment of stupidity you kind of have to ignore it. It's not unlike a little kid in your neighborhood that is obviously way smaller and undersized talking like he has something on you. You give the lil guy a pat on the head and move on.

Ram's will be a solid 3rd place team this year when it's all said and done. I mean at least they have the dumpster fire 9'ers to ensure they aren't last again.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Pete's presser last night he obviously gave the rah rah stuff over the good parts, but I found this statement a bit telling:
I was really disappointed in the long ball. That was too bad. We don’t need to do that. He thought he had something, but we don’t need to throw the ball like that. The other one, it was a scramble and he saw [Seattle Seahawks WR] Doug Baldwin and he flashed to throw that ball and he lost track of what was going on. And so, that’s a mistake for us, but the other one, the last time we did that it was against the Cardinals. I think it was the first game or something like that. So, no need to throw the ball like that.

In other words, they are going to be all over that shit in their meetings. Wilson won't be doing that again any time soon.

We wonder why he mostly only hits the near guys in scrambles and that's why. Even if a guy is open it just feels like Carroll in particular is all about not taking those risks downfield. There's a difference in the designed play to Lockett, those timing plays that they practice are going to continue, but the off script attempts to make something happen deep? Not likely to see that again for awhile.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Pete's presser last night he obviously gave the rah rah stuff over the good parts, but I found this statement a bit telling:

In other words, they are going to be all over that shit in their meetings. Wilson won't be doing that again any time soon.

We wonder why he mostly only hits the near guys in scrambles and that's why. Even if a guy is open it just feels like Carroll in particular is all about not taking those risks downfield. There's a difference in the designed play to Lockett, those timing plays that they practice are going to continue, but the off script attempts to make something happen deep? Not likely to see that again for awhile.

I thought it looked like Kearse quit on that play anyways. Looked like if he'd kept running he'd have been right there at the ball. At the very least he could have tried to be a DB and bust the play up. But near the end he slows right down and ends up a yard short of where he needed to be. Simms even said the same thing during the replay. Oh well. Nothing ventured nothing gained I guess. Wilson even shrugged it off and called it basically a long punt.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, Ram's fans haven't had much to crow about like ever, so if one of their fans has a moment of stupidity you kind of have to ignore it. It's not unlike a little kid in your neighborhood that is obviously way smaller and undersized talking like he has something on you. You give the lil guy a pat on the head and move on.

Ram's will be a solid 3rd place team this year when it's all said and done. I mean at least they have the dumpster fire 9'ers to ensure they aren't last again.

It's all good. Just some good natured ribbin.' SE and I both came from our previous board that's just about died off now.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it looked like Kearse quit on that play anyways.

Absolutely he did. If he'd kept running, it may still have been picked, but it would have been a 1 on 1 play, not a bad throw into what looked like double coverage.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was nice to see the team turn things around last night, that's for sure. Some bugs still left to iron out, like the long-ball scenario PC pointed out (from what I read just now in this thread), but overall, good to see them play like they used to again.

What did I think the strength was? You could chalk it up to the D waking up and finally realizing they have to be ready at all times, not just three quarters' worth, or maybe even giving the ball to Lynch more, but IMO, a little time management early on didn't hurt, either. The long drives to start the game...just what was needed.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it looked like Kearse quit on that play anyways. Looked like if he'd kept running he'd have been right there at the ball. At the very least he could have tried to be a DB and bust the play up. But near the end he slows right down and ends up a yard short of where he needed to be. Simms even said the same thing during the replay. Oh well. Nothing ventured nothing gained I guess. Wilson even shrugged it off and called it basically a long punt.
I thought the same thing -- Kearse slowed up and maybe surprised it was thrown. It wasn't a great decision to lob it into double coverage and maybe the best Kearse could have done was break it up, but it's not like giving the Niners the ball around their 10 hurt us any. They couldn't do squat. I just hope we don't over-correct here and go a few games without taking some shots. Even if they aren't complete, I think there's positive effect from testing the secondary like that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the same thing -- Kearse slowed up and maybe surprised it was thrown. It wasn't a great decision to lob it into double coverage and maybe the best Kearse could have done was break it up, but it's not like giving the Niners the ball around their 10 hurt us any. They couldn't do squat. I just hope we don't over-correct here and go a few games without taking some shots. Even if they aren't complete, I think there's positive effect from testing the secondary like that.
Yeah Kearse give up on that play and that's not the first time he's done that this year. Never the less ill advised pass attempt by Wilson. Sure would love seeing more Tyler Lockett and less Kearse. I know folks focus on Graham and not getting enough targets, but I think Lockett is the best target the Seahawks have and would love to see more of him.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Kearse give up on that play and that's not the first time he's done that this year. Never the less ill advised pass attempt by Wilson. Sure would love seeing more Tyler Lockett and less Kearse. I know folks focus on Graham and not getting enough targets, but I think Lockett is the best target the Seahawks have and would love to see more of him.

I'll say this about Kearse though, when he catches the ball, he works for the extra yards. Always liked that about him. As for Lockett, we got a steal in the draft. IMO, it usually takes a couple seasons for a receiver to really contribute full time but I really like his maturity and his heads up style of play.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this about Kearse though, when he catches the ball, he works for the extra yards. Always liked that about him. As for Lockett, we got a steal in the draft. IMO, it usually takes a couple seasons for a receiver to really contribute full time but I really like his maturity and his heads up style of play.
Kearse has been a blue collar WR, which makes his giving up on plays more puzzling to me. In the past it has taken WRs a couple of years ( see Golden Tate), but last year we saw that things are a changing, in fact Lockett is actually seeing the field more then I thought he would this early, and he's looked good. More Lockett please.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kearse has been a blue collar WR, which makes his giving up on plays more puzzling to me. In the past it has taken WRs a couple of years ( see Golden Tate), but last year we saw that things are a changing, in fact Lockett is actually seeing the field more then I thought he would this early, and he's looked good. More Lockett please.

Tyler Lockett is what we thought Percy Harvin would do for us. Makes big plays on special teams, runs routes well and blazing speed. JS/PC got gem in the 4th round.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only four times this year has an offense managed 10 or fewer first downs in a game. Three are by the 49ers. Just saw on NFL.com that SF can cut Kaepernick after this year and only take a $7M cap hit. That looks like a pretty good bet at this point.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and they are right back in the cellar for another decade. the rivalry was fun, but cant say im too sad to see them rot down there again.

we are the only team with a real long term QB in this division, no reason we cant own it for the next 10 year. card are another year or two from being back to square one at QB, foles seems like a middle of the road starter.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF just may have a great shot at the QB from Cal, Jared Goff or QB, Connor Cook from Michigan St...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to say this about the passing in this game. I don't mind Russell taking shots down the field but on one of those INT's Richardo Lockette was WIDE open and might have scored himself had Russell thrown it to him and not Baldwin. Twice i saw R. Lockette wide open in that game on what would have been safe throws and Russell missed him.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see this about the passing in this game. I don't mind Russell taking shots down the field but on one of those INT's Richardo Lockette was WIDE open and might have scored himself had Russell thrown it to him and not Baldwin. Twice i saw R. Lockette wide open in that game on what would have been safe throws and Russell missed him.
Yeah RW misses some open guys , because after the first read he looking at the pass rush, can't say I blame him because the OL is porous. Then he's running and only seeing half the field. The key is to get the OL protecting good enough for RW to trust it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF just may have a great shot at the QB from Cal, Jared Goff or QB, Connor Cook from Michigan St...
Sounds good to me. Division rivals having to start over at QB is good news. Having to burn a top pick on one is even better.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah RW misses some open guys , because after the first read he looking at the pass rush, can't say I blame him because the OL is porous. Then he's running and only seeing half the field. The key is to get the OL protecting good enough for RW to trust it.
It's easy for fans to sit high up in the stands or watch on TV and find an open receiver that the QB misses. They all do it. This line simply doesn't pass block well enough for our QB to sit there and scan everything and not miss an open guy here and there.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy for fans to sit high up in the stands or watch on TV and find an open receiver that the QB misses. They all do it. This line simply doesn't pass block well enough for our QB to sit there and scan everything and not miss an open guy here and there.
I'd say that's right on the money.