• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks struggling with Browns

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norton is a fantastic position coach but he's not a great DC.

Remember with the Raiders they struggled to rush the passer with Mack and they improved in their pass rush when Norton was let go.

And Seahawks fans can help me out here but wasn't Norton passed over in favor Kris Richard back in the day which was one reason Norton went to the Raiders in the first place?

Yep, and I never liked Kris Richard... One of the games he was SO bad calling play's that Richard Sherman dam near took his head off on the sideline... He was locking Rich on a TE on one play while Julio happily caught and easy TD pass... RICH went bonkers... Richard was a good DB coach but a bad play caller, it's funny how some guy's just don't play call well, they refuse to adjust..

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norton is a fantastic position coach but he's not a great DC.

Remember with the Raiders they struggled to rush the passer with Mack and they improved in their pass rush when Norton was let go.

And Seahawks fans can help me out here but wasn't Norton passed over in favor Kris Richard back in the day which was one reason Norton went to the Raiders in the first place?
Basically yes. Kris Richard is similar to Norton though. Great position coach, not a great DC.

Right now it wouldn't surprise me to see Dan Quinn back here next year after he inevitably gets fired in Atlanta. The writing is already on the wall for Turd Cutter to take that head coaching gig. Quinn has done an awful job with the Falcons D this year though so not sure that would be the best move.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the 9ers lost 8 times in a row to them.

you are that dumb

Niners have ups and downs.... Lombardis during ups and losses during downs...

Cardinals just have never ending downs.... Nothing at all to show for their so called "Good years". Sad. But keep telling us about your greatest achievement, beating a bad niner team consecutively when you had an entirely different team and coaching staff.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners have ups and down.... Lombardis during ups and losses during down...

Cardinals just have never ending downs.... Nothing at all to show for their so called "Good years". Sad.
and the 9ers lost 8 times in a row to them

again, you are that dumb

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Basically yes. Kris Richard is similar to Norton though. Great position coach, not a great DC.

Right now it wouldn't surprise me to see Dan Quinn back here next year after he inevitably gets fired in Atlanta. The writing is already on the wall for Turd Cutter to take that head coaching gig. Quinn has done an awful job with the Falcons D this year though so not sure that would be the best move.

Quinn was the best of Seattle's DCs under Carroll. Seemed like he had just the right amount of aggressiveness compared to the other 3.

But with the way the Falcons D is playing right now I wonder if offenses have moved passed him. Or looking at how Carroll's defense is doing around the league I wonder if it's just too high maintenance to get the most out of it since it seems like it requires a lot of talent for it to work right.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn was the best of Seattle's DCs under Carroll. Seemed like he had just the right amount of aggressiveness compared to the other 3.

But with the way the Falcons D is playing right now I wonder if offenses have moved passed him. Or looking at how Carroll's defense is doing around the league I wonder if it's just too high maintenance to get the most out of it since it seems like it requires a lot of talent for it to work right.
I think Quinn is just trying too hard to implement the scheme he used in Seattle in Atlanta where they don't have the personnel to do it. Especially with Neal out and Trufant playing like ass.

Agree that Quinn was far and away the best DC Seattle had under PC.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARTICLE 16. HORSE-COLLAR TACKLE.No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, or grab the jersey at the name plate or above, and pull the runner toward the ground. This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a quarterback who is in the pocket

Exactly. There you go, missed call. They can just make shit up as they go like they did that entire drive. I could care less anymore, I just laugh. The NFL is fucking joke.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. There you go, missed call. They can just make shit up as they go like they did that entire drive. I could care less anymore, I just laugh. The NFL is fucking joke.

Are you saying that the Browns shouldn't have been called for the horse collar tackle on Wilson? Because he was definitely out of the pocket and therefore he can not be grabbed and brought down by the upper part of his uniform. The refs have been terrible this year but I think they got that one right.

Everything Cleveland's tweet - "Morgan Burnett being call for a “horsecollar tackle” on Russell Wilson. This is awful, one of the worst calls of the game. " - Trendsmap

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dan Quinn is a great D coordinator, I hated losing him to Atlanta ...

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the 9ers lost 8 times in a row to them

again, you are that dumb

I just can't get enough of that pic of you at the cardinals museum in front of the trophy case...

229524265_d496861e12_z.jpg

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he can call a play all on his very own?

superhero
He can call multiple plays in a row that lead to a TD, but yea you try to undersell it, if the same happened to Jimmy he’d call 3 straight run plays then go crying back to Shanahan

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What are you talking about? Wilson wasn't in the pocket.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many comebacks did you type out before you settled on this one, and thought "Yep, nailed it!?"

Seriously though.... the last decade has been a down turn for the niners.... three NFC Championship games and a super bowl appearance in that time frame. That looks awfully close to the entire accomplishment of the seahawks throughout history. kind of sad.