• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks season thread

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL fines DK Metcalf for touchdown celebration vs. Jets​

On Saturday afternoon, NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reported that Metcalf was fined $6,131 for celebrating a touchdown last week by jumping into the stands and taking control of a TV camera. The use of a prop is considered unsportsmanlike conduct.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd also faced bad teams to begin the season and our defense got absolutely torched... (ATL; NE; DAL)... I believe they've improved enough to keep us competitive.... Top 10? I don't think so... Maybe around 11-15...

If they can be 11-15 ranked on D, get more consistency, they can have a good chance in the post season to make some noise ... How far we go is gonna come down to our defense .... Offensively we’re gonna be good enough...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks Defense giving up 12.6 Points per game the last 5 games. Shocking thing is that could be even lower if they would stop playing Prevent for the 2nd half of games on defense lol.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
new york jets fan GIF

LOL @ Rams

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... Jets beat the Rams today... We're now sole possession of 1st place... Saints are losing to the Chiefs now as well...

I was just coming by to post that, I missed the game but thought FOR SURE that was a Rams lock... I was stunned seeing that final score... Next weekend we can win the West at home! Huge game ...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope DK Metcalf is ok, i am sure he strained his MCL/ACL with that weird landing he did. Every time he jumps i am afraid he is going to land funny because he always seems to "land funny". He has to learn that sometimes it's best if you tumble and not try and catch yourself.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference of the game might have been not hearing the name Chase Young at all. I'm really impressed that we didn't give up 1 sack to that front.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference of the game might have been not hearing the name Chase Young at all. I'm really impressed that we didn't give up 1 sack to that front.
Great point... You could tell their game plan was to take their DL pass rush out of the game... We focused on the run with short passes to get the ball out quick... RW threw the ball away quite a few times yesterday as well... Game plan was solid - just wish we would be better at adjustments throughout the game... If Logan catches that poor throw from Haskins at the end, we would've lost imo... 3 straight drives Haskins takes us right down the field at the end of the game, while our offense has (3) three and outs and then their 4th possession was an INT... I don't understand why we don't put teams away when we have leads like that...

Very conservative game plan, which I was ok with playing against the skins - RW didn't get sacked one time...

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an interesting little blurb from this morning's MMQ from Sports Illustrated:

10. Let’s hear it for the Seattle offensive line: Russell Wilson wasn’t sacked for the second straight week, and, yes, that's big. It's the first time it's happened in his nine-year career, and it came vs. a Washington pass rush that produced 12 sacks the past four games. Hard to believe but ... there are only eight games in Wilson's entire career where he wasn't sacked.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the way it looks to me right now after messing around with ESPN's playoff machine is if we win out (v Rams, @ 49ers), GB loses at Chicago in wk 17, and Saints lose 1 of their final 2, then we are the #1 seed. May be a lot to ask for, but not crazy or anything.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the way it looks to me right now after messing around with ESPN's playoff machine is if we win out (v Rams, @ 49ers), GB loses at Chicago in wk 17, and Saints lose 1 of their final 2, then we are the #1 seed. May be a lot to ask for, but not crazy or anything.
I think GB has to lose both of their remaining games and we have to win both of our remaining games, plus NO has to lose at least one of their remaining games, and then we'd be the # seed. If we are in any scenario where our record is the same as NO or GB then both of those teams win the tie breakers based on conference record. So it's a long shot, but not impossible to get #1 seed. Both of GB's games are against decent teams (Chicago and Tennessee). It's not inconceivable they could lose both. It's doubtful but not impossible.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope DK Metcalf is ok, i am sure he strained his MCL/ACL with that weird landing he did. Every time he jumps i am afraid he is going to land funny because he always seems to "land funny". He has to learn that sometimes it's best if you tumble and not try and catch yourself.

That WA field doesn’t help either, it’s always in terrible condition....

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think GB has to lose both of their remaining games and we have to win both of our remaining games, plus NO has to lose at least one of their remaining games, and then we'd be the # seed. If we are in any scenario where our record is the same as NO or GB then both of those teams win the tie breakers based on conference record. So it's a long shot, but not impossible to get #1 seed. Both of GB's games are against decent teams (Chicago and Tennessee). It's not inconceivable they could lose both. It's doubtful but not impossible.
I don't believe that is correct, unless the ESPN playoff machine is wrong. I just went through the last 2 weeks of the season and we win the tiebreaker over GB & NO for the top seed if we all finish at 12-4 with the stipulations I listed.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe that is correct, unless the ESPN playoff machine is wrong. I just went through the last 2 weeks of the season and we win the tiebreaker over GB & NO for the top seed if we all finish at 12-4 with the stipulations I listed.
Hmmm, you might be right. I'm going to go find a MIT professor to work the math on this and then have NASA double check the findings just to make sure the professor was correct. As a final failsafe I will send those results to any grade 2 math student living in China for final verification. These playoff scenarios can get a little complicated to figure out.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, you might be right. I'm going to go find a MIT professor to work the math on this and then have NASA double check the findings just to make sure the professor was correct. As a final failsafe I will send those results to any grade 2 math student living in China for final verification. These playoff scenarios can get a little complicated to figure out.
Haha yeah....that's why I like the ESPN Playoff Machine. You don't need to do any math -- just click winners and losers, and it figures out all that stuff for you.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to give a lot of credit to Schotty on a great gameplan to nullify that beastly defensive front. And Chris Carson looks fresh and ready and really punished the Washington would be tacklers. Hyde looking good and it was great to get Penny a couple touches. Really smart playcalling to slow the pass rush down and the Oline was solid. Russ being smart and taking what the defense gives. Still got Tyler and DK some balls and took a couple shots but solid. The team really needs to keep the foot on the gas until the end of the game though. Pete still getting way too conservative and the defense too soft way too early but all in all, a solid win vs a team that had me worried. Need to bring that smash mouth mentality vs the Rams hext week and into the playoffs. Still need a little more on the pass rush but liked most of what they did yesterday.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on what happens in the next 2 games. I honestly haven't done any research but just off the top of my head, I believe the Giants loss sets us 1 back in conference record. If Minny can beat the Aints and the Bears find a miracle vs GB and GB loses to the Titans ( very possible), the Hawks win out could get the #1 seed. Otherwise, I think GB only needs to win one game and they clinch it.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That WA field doesn’t help either, it’s always in terrible condition....
Yeah. I kept seeing people losing their footing and sliding all over the place. I was terrified that it was going to destroy yet another Seahawk's career (ask Chris Clemons how he feels about it or, of course, RG3).

It is both baffling and shameful that the Washington franchise is continued to be allowed to play on such a shit field. I mean, it has improved somewhat over the last 10 years or so but as far as I know it is the worst field for turf conditions in the NFL and has been for years.
Why are they allowed to continue to risk player injury on such shitty poor field conditions? Why doesn't the league step in and do something about it?