• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks season thread

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on what happens in the next 2 games. I honestly haven't done any research but just off the top of my head, I believe the Giants loss sets us 1 back in conference record. If Minny can beat the Aints and the Bears find a miracle vs GB and GB loses to the Titans ( very possible), the Hawks win out could get the #1 seed. Otherwise, I think GB only needs to win one game and they clinch it.
If the Hawks win out, GB loses to Chicago in week 17, and NO drops either of their final 2, then all 3 teams have the same conf record.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Hawks win out, GB loses to Chicago in week 17, and NO drops either of their final 2, then all 3 teams have the same conf record.
To add: it's definitely possible that results of other games could impact what happens due to common opponents, strength of victory, etc., but I went through each of the last 2 weeks, picked every game, and the Hawks do have a path to the #1 with the conditions that I've mentioned.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's kinda where I was going, lol. The Hawks need those 2 to lose another conf game. I just thought I heard something the other day after the Packers win that they only needed one win to clinch. I'm thinking it goes to the next tiebreaker which is common opponent. That doesn't qualify because we don't meet the 4 minimum. So it comes down to strength of victory. I'm not sure on that one but I would guess the Packers hold the edge.
edit: depending on the outcomes next weekend.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I kept seeing people losing their footing and sliding all over the place. I was terrified that it was going to destroy yet another Seahawk's career (ask Chris Clemons how he feels about it or, of course, RG3).

It is both baffling and shameful that the Washington franchise is continued to be allowed to play on such a shit field. I mean, it has improved somewhat over the last 10 years or so but as far as I know it is the worst field for turf conditions in the NFL and has been for years.
Why are they allowed to continue to risk player injury on such shitty poor field conditions? Why doesn't the league step in and do something about it?

Good question, I don’t know why the league allows it ...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i broke it down the other day people. No matter what GB has to lose to the Bears for Seattle to have a chance at the #1 seed and Seattle HAS to win out and NO has to lose one of their last 2. If Greenbay Loses to the Titans it doesn't help even if seattle wins out because Seattle has a worse conference record right now but a lost to the Bears by Greenbay makes our records equal overall and in conference w/l and they go to the next tie breaker.

NO MATTER WHAT! GB has to lose to the Bears and the Saints need to drop one of their last 2 for the Hawks to have the #1 seed. Now had the Hawks Beat the Giants then Seattle and GB would be tied in Conference record but they lost and that cost them the first tie breaker.

Seattle would have been better off beating the Giants and Losing to the Jets.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just coming by to post that, I missed the game but thought FOR SURE that was a Rams lock... I was stunned seeing that final score... Next weekend we can win the West at home! Huge game ...
17.5 Favs over the Jets. Rams forgot they had to play a game before the Hawks game.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excited to see Gordon back on the field and right now when most people are getting tired from the long season. Gordon is going to be fresh but also rusty. I hope they get him going quick so he is 100% ready come playoff time.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excited to see Gordon back on the field and right now when most people are getting tired from the long season. Gordon is going to be fresh but also rusty. I hope they get him going quick so he is 100% ready come playoff time.
I'd imagine he'd get around 5-10 snaps his first game... One positive is he's not returning from any injury so he shouldn't be hesitant of re-injuring himself...

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Cam Akers for the Rams this week

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Josh Gordon for us now either :mad2:

The NFL is playing games, such bullshit!

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon is a tragic case, its not the league's fault.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know whats going on with Gordon, everything i keep reading is "he had a setback when his brother died" Yes thats what got him his last suspension but whats going on now? Sounds like either he tested positive AGAIN which i have not read or the NFL decided Nah never mind you didn't fulfill your obligations.

"Gordon and the Seahawks were notified Tuesday that the NFL determined the receiver had not satisfied the terms of his conditional reinstatement, another source told ESPN. That makes him ineligible to practice or play in games for the time being."

Had not satisfied the terms.....WTF does that mean? did he forget to file something? because thats a weird way to say he failed another drug test. Had he failed again they would have just said "Josh Gordon suspended again for banned substance". Maybe he was under the "Allowed" THC levels but still had some and he is being held to a different standard than the rest of the NFL ( Which they really legally can not do ).

Anyone got any info on what happened?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know whats going on with Gordon, everything i keep reading is "he had a setback when his brother died" Yes thats what got him his last suspension but whats going on now? Sounds like either he tested positive AGAIN which i have not read or the NFL decided Nah never mind you didn't fulfill your obligations.

"Gordon and the Seahawks were notified Tuesday that the NFL determined the receiver had not satisfied the terms of his conditional reinstatement, another source told ESPN. That makes him ineligible to practice or play in games for the time being."

Had not satisfied the terms.....WTF does that mean? did he forget to file something? because thats a weird way to say he failed another drug test. Had he failed again they would have just said "Josh Gordon suspended again for banned substance". Maybe he was under the "Allowed" THC levels but still had some and he is being held to a different standard than the rest of the NFL ( Which they really legally can not do ).

Anyone got any info on what happened?
It could have been as simple as missing a test or a number of things. Watching McAfee today, he said he had 8 random tests a month for 27 months straight and meetings and a whole bunch of shit to deal with. The league is really hard ass on these guys with substances of abuse. Because he is conditionally re-instated, they can do whatever they want with him. And we all know the NFLPA is a joke.
Having said that, I don't know if this is the case or what it is. In Pete's presser, he specifically informed the reporters that he was not allowed by the league to go into specifics. By all accounts, on Monday Gordon was a go and sonetime Tuesday he wasn't.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such garbage by the NFL. Just come out and say he fucked up but too me it sounds like the NFL is screwing around with him for whatever reason. I was really looking forward to seeing against the Rams.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the sentiment that this relapse they keep throwing around may not actually be a positive test. I mean, he’s still allowed to attend meetings and workout which was the first stage off of suspension. Wouldn’t he be outed as a positive test and banned immediately? This sounds like some games by the nfl to me.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing comeback by Olsen, or the injury was over estimated to begin with (I suspect a bit of both. But getting back Shell is far more important in my opinion, even with the good OL play last week.

We do seem to be getting healthier at a key time. I hope that trend continues.