• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks season thread

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s where establishing a consistent running game can be so dangerous... Get those defenders cheating up, thinking run, opens up that passing game ... Penny should be back soon, Carson and Penny is a good combo... Plus you throw in Hyde who’s also pretty good... No reason not to lean on that a little more and let Russ take the shots out of play action, he’s so dangerous when doing that... Defensively also we still need improving, they’ve been a little better, but we’re also facing crappy offenses lately.... Today I was so pissed at Norton for calling a blitz and giving up that big play right before halftime... I swear to god sometimes I think Norton does this shit just to troll us ... He calls the dumbest &@&&@ defensive strategy possible.... I love blitzing on certain downs NO question, but with time running out in the half and all they can do is go over the top WTF is he doing ? Let’s have less guys in coverage to give the poor Jets a chance !!!
I gotta admit... Hyde has been a bit disappointing to me this year... Hyde is only averaging 3.7ypc... C.Carson is averaging 4.9ypc behind the same OL... Looking forward to the combo of Penny/Carson...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good teams should beat a team like the Jets the way we did today... That's the main takeaway...

With that said, not really going to get too giddy with the way our offense performed... I want to see how they perform against a great Skins defense next week before I get too excited...

I'm a big more optimistic with the way our defense has seemingly turned the corner... They've been playing well enough to keep us in games...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good teams should beat a team like the Jets the way we did today... That's the main takeaway...

With that said, not really going to get too giddy with the way our offense performed... I want to see how they perform against a great Skins defense next week before I get too excited...

I'm a big more optimistic with the way our defense has seemingly turned the corner... They've been playing well enough to keep us in games...
Sometimes it's a game like this that gets the offense clicking again. Sure the Jets suck but it gets their confidence back with good play.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never thought this would be as important as it is, but we need Brandon Shell to be healthy against that Washington D line. Chase Young is no joke and he will embarrass Chad Wheeler.

I'm a broken record here, but get that screen game polished up, because the pass rush is coming. That's a great way to fight back. Hit it with Carson and Dissly and let them chase our guys from behind.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Super Bowl 48 again.... and that’s gotta be the best defensive performance in Super Bowl history... It’s crazy that Denver scored 606 points that year and averaged 37 a game... They didn’t have one first down until the 10:30 mark of the second quarter and only had 11 total yards at that point... It’s insane rewatching how good that unit was ...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Super Bowl 48 again.... and that’s gotta be the best defensive performance in Super Bowl history... It’s crazy that Denver scored 606 points that year and averaged 37 a game... They didn’t have one first down until the 10:30 mark of the second quarter and only had 11 total yards at that point... It’s insane rewatching how good that unit was ...
I've watched it 5 or 6 times myself. Always a great watch in July or August to hype yourself up for what's coming. Even though it didn't work out in the last play of the season, I wish there was a DVD for the 2014 season. That team was just as dominant and I hate that that legacy is lost to the fog of 1 play that went against us.

Watching this team now it's hard to separate the fact that few teams in history could be what we watched not long ago. Defense is at the disadvantage now more than ever, but they were too, and they absolutely put their foot on the throats of other teams. Rarely did an opportunity to capitalize slip through.

So we can't judge current squads based on that. That happens once in a generation. When the Seahawks win their 2nd Lombardi it won't be the same way. It will be because that team finds its own way to step on throats. Let's hope we find it soon and we can look back and enjoy it on its own merits.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never thought this would be as important as it is, but we need Brandon Shell to be healthy against that Washington D line. Chase Young is no joke and he will embarrass Chad Wheeler.

I'm a broken record here, but get that screen game polished up, because the pass rush is coming. That's a great way to fight back. Hit it with Carson and Dissly and let them chase our guys from behind.
For sure... Looks like they took out Shell in the 2nd half so he could rest his ankle... Hopefully that makes a difference...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s where establishing a consistent running game can be so dangerous... Get those defenders cheating up, thinking run, opens up that passing game ... Penny should be back soon, Carson and Penny is a good combo... Plus you throw in Hyde who’s also pretty good... No reason not to lean on that a little more and let Russ take the shots out of play action, he’s so dangerous when doing that... Defensively also we still need improving, they’ve been a little better, but we’re also facing crappy offenses lately.... Today I was so pissed at Norton for calling a blitz and giving up that big play right before halftime... I swear to god sometimes I think Norton does this shit just to troll us ... He calls the dumbest &@&&@ defensive strategy possible.... I love blitzing on certain downs NO question, but with time running out in the half and all they can do is go over the top WTF is he doing ? Let’s have less guys in coverage to give the poor Jets a chance !!!

Yes establish the run and when it's working get the passing game going. It's like they run it and have success then go into 90% run mode and ignore the pass. Then they pass it and ignore the run. Also they want to chuck it 15 yards are more when the short passing game is wide the fook open. Last week was a much better game based off play calling but they still do that dumb BS 3rd and short lets go long!

Also man you really can not rag on Norton anymore with the massive turn around this defense is in. They are a top 5 unit in the NFL over the past 4 games. The Defense did not lose them the Giants game and have been playing SO well. Imagine if the DB's and Safeties and LBers lol could catch.

This defense looks pretty good and it's not even 100% yet. Fingers crossed they continue to grow and develop. The Seahawks are 8th in the NFL for Sacks per game. Think about that after being last or close to it for most of the season. PPG against, Yards per game against and Passing yards per game against in the past 3 they are #1 in the NFL.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone got a clip of Wilson getting hammered in the last game? i missed it and can't find a clip of it. My search skills must suck lol.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched it 5 or 6 times myself. Always a great watch in July or August to hype yourself up for what's coming. Even though it didn't work out in the last play of the season, I wish there was a DVD for the 2014 season. That team was just as dominant and I hate that that legacy is lost to the fog of 1 play that went against us.

Watching this team now it's hard to separate the fact that few teams in history could be what we watched not long ago. Defense is at the disadvantage now more than ever, but they were too, and they absolutely put their foot on the throats of other teams. Rarely did an opportunity to capitalize slip through.

So we can't judge current squads based on that. That happens once in a generation. When the Seahawks win their 2nd Lombardi it won't be the same way. It will be because that team finds its own way to step on throats. Let's hope we find it soon and we can look back and enjoy it on its own merits.
Yes establish the run and when it's working get the passing game going. It's like they run it and have success then go into 90% run mode and ignore the pass. Then they pass it and ignore the run. Also they want to chuck it 15 yards are more when the short passing game is wide the fook open. Last week was a much better game based off play calling but they still do that dumb BS 3rd and short lets go long!

Also man you really can not rag on Norton anymore with the massive turn around this defense is in. They are a top 5 unit in the NFL over the past 4 games. The Defense did not lose them the Giants game and have been playing SO well. Imagine if the DB's and Safeties and LBers lol could catch.

This defense looks pretty good and it's not even 100% yet. Fingers crossed they continue to grow and develop. The Seahawks are 8th in the NFL for Sacks per game. Think about that after being last or close to it for most of the season. PPG against, Yards per game against and Passing yards per game against in the past 3 they are #1 in the NFL.

Hmmmm.... I’m not sold on the defense yet, we’ve been playing some scrub offenses and I think most of us expected we won’t get torched the last several weeks... Let’s get back to seeing some good defense when we’re facing some better teams, then we can see if some improvement has happened... I still have no confidence in Norton, the guy just isn’t a good chess player figuring out how offenses are attacking us ... He’s too dam predictable.. Let’s wait and see how well we do the next several weeks... I hope we do improve, truly... but I’m not sold yet ...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm.... I’m not sold on the defense yet, we’ve been playing some scrub offenses and I think most of us expected we won’t get torched the last several weeks... Let’s get back to seeing some good defense when we’re facing some better teams, then we can see if some improvement has happened... I still have no confidence in Norton, the guy just isn’t a good chess player figuring out how offenses are attacking us ... He’s too dam predictable.. Let’s wait and see how well we do the next several weeks... I hope we do improve, truly... but I’m not sold yet ...

Yes bad teams but they held them all below their season averages and before everyone was having their BEST games against the Hawks Defense. Also yeah #4 yardage ( #10 scoring ) offense The Cardz are no scrub. The Hawks only allowed LA to score 23 also in LA. I like the direction the Hawks Defense is going and even though they are a top 5 Defense in the pass 4 weeks i think they are closer to the 15th-18th ranked Defense which is WAY better than the 32nd ranked they had been. Also Hell yea we got to play scrubs and 15 other teams get to play them also in a season bloating their stats.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd also faced bad teams to begin the season and our defense got absolutely torched... (ATL; NE; DAL)... I believe they've improved enough to keep us competitive.... Top 10? I don't think so... Maybe around 11-15...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd also faced bad teams to begin the season and our defense got absolutely torched... (ATL; NE; DAL)... I believe they've improved enough to keep us competitive.... Top 10? I don't think so... Maybe around 11-15...

Dallas was one of the Highest scoring offenses in the NFL when we played them and yardage wise they were also top 3 ( before they played ). Then they lost Dak. Atlanta is also a better offensive team yardage wise than the Buc and Points per game offense they are better than the Rams. I dont think they are a top 10 Defense i was just pointing out that in the past 4 weeks they are top 3 i do believe, i am happy with around the 15th ranked Defense even say the 18th ranked Defense. They were dead last till like Week 10 or 11. The improvement on that side of the ball needs to not lose its luster just because we have not been the greatest of offenses in that same time frame the defense has turned around. It's an amazing turn-around that i am sure we are all very much relieved to see.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So none of you know where there is a clip of Wilson getting hammered? i missed that play and only knew it happened because a few of you talked about it during the game. Anyway on to Washington! I am excited to see what our offense can do against a very strong Defense that will and can eat you alive up front. Washington 4th best Defense in the NFL LA Rams #1 ( yard wise ) and then San Fran #5 defense. Brutally tough finish of the season and it will tell us everything we need to know going forward about this offense.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question because I forgot....

What cup of Coffee will I be drinking during the Seahawks game?

Breakfast or Afternoon Caffeine Rush?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The front office made the right decision despite most of us shouting into the void to resign Clowney.

I trust they will again make the right decision to resign Adams. His skillset seems to be one that needs some time to build around and mesh to really make this defense great. He's not exactly a plug and play guy if you weren't already set up to not need your SS in coverage. As great as he is in the box, you need your CBs, FS, and maybe a LB like Brooks dropping back and locking down to really be efficient.