• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks season thread

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 of the teams in the nfc East have been playing very well their past 6 games....skins and Giants
That Skins game is looking far more difficult of a match up than we thought a few months back. Seattle needs to get right quick against the Jets.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Skins game is looking far more difficult of a match up than we thought a few months back. Seattle needs to get right quick against the Jets.

Yup, and even the Jets put up a pretty good fight against the Raiders. There's no gimme's in the NFL.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, and even the Jets put up a pretty good fight against the Raiders. There's no gimme's in the NFL.
My hope is that loss to the Raiders has them packing it in for the year. Should have won their first game only to see it disappear in seconds can send players mentality into off-season mode.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been wanting it for a while. This team wont win a SB with the current people running the show.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This comment stood out to me from Carroll...

While the Seahawks’ top two running backs both played Sunday, both Chris Carson and Carlos Hyde continue to feel the effects of lingering foot injuries.

“Both guys made it through practice during the week. Neither one of the guys were able to go all the plays all the time during the week,” Carroll said. “Carlos was sore going in right up to game time, so we had to adjust a little bit to it. That’s not the way we had hoped it would be by game time. I need to see how Chris is now. The soreness in his foot isn’t gone but he’s playing with it. The soreness in Carlos’ toe isn’t gone, either, so both those guys got issues but they’re making it through the game.”
My question is, if we haven't been using Carson as much due to his limitations, why aren't we resting him? We should be rolling with Alex Collins with he and Hyde taking the bulk of the load... I'd rather be resting Carson if we can't use him as much as we need to... It limits our depth at the RB position in games with him on the roster... If we're limiting his usage we're also putting him in a situation where he is more vulnerable to hurt himself again if he isn't able to endure a full work load because of his foot injury...

On a side note: R. Penny begins practicing today...

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This comment stood out to me from Carroll...

My question is, if we haven't been using Carson as much due to his limitations, why aren't we resting him? We should be rolling with Alex Collins with he and Hyde taking the bulk of the load... I'd rather be resting Carson if we can't use him as much as we need to... It limits our depth at the RB position in games with him on the roster... If we're limiting his usage we're also putting him in a situation where he is more vulnerable to hurt himself again if he isn't able to endure a full work load because of his foot injury...

On a side note: R. Penny begins practicing today...
I'd be more than happy to have Penny come back and take Hyde's share of carries. Hyde has been very uninspiring the past 2 games. He doesn't seem to have any urgency in his runs, and he seems to run straight into defenders and then gives up on contact. Some of that may be due to his toe injury, but he wasn't really lighting it up even before that happened. Hyde has only had one game where he averaged more than 5 yards per carry. His average for the season is 3.7 yards. Carson on the other hand has averaged over 5 yards per carry 5 out 7 games, and his average for the season is 4.9 yards per carry.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinton Dunbar is set to return today as well... At this point, Id rather see DJ Reed remain the RCB over Dunbar at this point... Reed seems to fit into the scheme of our defense a lot better...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to throw some perspective out there as we should be looking at the playoff picture maybe the lost last week does come with some good. I feel the odds that anyone other than the Saints getting the first round bye is a long shot. So now whats on the table is who we play during the wild card round. If the playoffs started today I would be happy with a rematch against the Giants in NY rather than facing Tom Brady and the Bucs or the Vikings at home. The issue with that is we would have to play on the road to get to the super bowl in which we know we probably wont get far. Now if we get the #2 seed playing at home for the 1st and 2nd round is pretty good although both opponents would be difficult.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW... Brock Huard throws some stats out that are alarming regarding Russell Wilson... Huard: 'Startling' stat sums up Wilson and Seahawks' 3rd-down woes

“I’m looking at third-down passing leaders in the NFC,” he said, referring to passer rating on third down. “Who leads the NFC on what they call ‘the money down?'”

No. 1 on the list, unsurprisingly, is Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who is firmly in the MVP conversation. Next up is Drew Brees of the Saints, who was playing well before missing time with broken ribs, third is Kirk Cousins of the Vikings, Tom Brady of the Buccaneers is fourth and Matt Ryan of the Falcons is fifth. Then the list gets a little surprising.

Turnover-prone Giants quarterback Daniel Jones is sixth, Jarred Goff of the division-rival Rams is seventh, Matthew Stafford of the Lions is eighth, Teddy Bridgewater of the Panthers is ninth, 49ers backup quarterback Nick Mullens is 10th, now-benched Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz is 11th and then Bears quarterback Nick Foles is 12th.

No, your eyes aren’t deceiving you. Wilson does not rank in the top 12 for NFC quarterbacks on third-down passer rating. Wilson is the 13th-rated NFC quarterback on third down. Yes, 13th. Only Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray ranks worse than Wilson on third down of eligible NFC quarterbacks.

“Russell Wilson right there with a 66 rating on third down,” Huard said."
RW is 13th out of 14 eligible QB's in the NFC on 3rd down effeciency... One of the main reasons our offense hasn't been efficient...

The Seahawks, who rank eighth in yards per game and fourth in points per game in the entire NFL, are 13th out of the 16 NFC teams in third-down conversions at 38.7%. That puts them at 24th in the entire NFL. On third downs this year, Wilson has completed 45 of 77 (58.4%) passes for 469 yards and two touchdowns to five interceptions.
This is one stat that is definitely one the main reasons our offense has been struggling...

We have got to start winning the 3rd down battle if we're going to have any hopes of not only making the postseason but also winning a game in the postseason... Since going 5-0, we've gone 3-5 since... That trend won't change unless RW can start being more productive on 3rd down...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW... Brock Huard throws some stats out that are alarming regarding Russell Wilson... Huard: 'Startling' stat sums up Wilson and Seahawks' 3rd-down woes

RW is 13th out of 14 eligible QB's in the NFC on 3rd down effeciency... One of the main reasons our offense hasn't been efficient...

This is one stat that is definitely one the main reasons our offense has been struggling...

We have got to start winning the 3rd down battle if we're going to have any hopes of not only making the postseason but also winning a game in the postseason... Since going 5-0, we've gone 3-5 since... That trend won't change unless RW can start being more productive on 3rd down...

Games 1-5 the Seahawks were 15-46 on 3rd downs ( 32.6% ) Hawks were #1 in scoring even with that piss poor production. 3rd downs are huge there is no doubt but they were not converting them to begin with and they have increased that 32.6% to 38.7% but the production and scoring has fell off a cliff. There is something bigger going on here more than just bad 3rd down conversion percentage.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets go Pat's

ugh i feel sick:cocktail:

and of course, they let the rams march down the field with ease.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rams are clearly the best team in the nfc west.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I absolutely hate about our offense, and this goes back to Bevell, is the WR bubble screens with no blockers. What a waste of a play.

I've been asking for a real screen game for years and that Carson TD was a thing of beauty! 3 giant Olinemen plowing the field for the ball carrier.

I loved the old screen game with John L Williams back in the day ....

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is scutterbug going around that is linking Brian Schottenheimer to the Texans HC Vacancy.

As well as Bellamy from KC

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it’s the NFL, any given Sunday, but watching the Giants getting smacked around by the Cards is pissing me off.... It just shows how pathetic we played last week... We made the Giants look way better than what they are....

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it’s the NFL, any given Sunday, but watching the Giants getting smacked around by the Cards is pissing me off.... It just shows how pathetic we played last week... We made the Giants look way better than what they are....
The giants are a trash team, there is no excuse for losing to them at home. there should be consequences for shit like that.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The giants are a trash team, there is no excuse for losing to them at home. there should be consequences for shit like that.

Yeah it was a terrible effort... Sloppy all day ... Seahawks still haven’t found there identity as a team ...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it was a terrible effort... Sloppy all day ... Seahawks still haven’t found there identity as a team ...

Actually i think they have but the Coaches don't know how to coach it. It's out of character for them and when they think ok lets try it they get all stupid. Quick passing game and smash mouth football, not to hard. Not the old Raiders offense from the 90's where it was huck and pray! i am TIRED of seeing 3rd and 2 and oh look a fly route and 50 yard pass.... WTF!

Lockett is more quick than fast USE that quickness in the quick passing game. DK is a massive man and fast, Defense play off use that 8+ yard cushion and hit them quick but not with FOOKING WR screens! Get the Back back into the Short passing game AND THE DAMN TE'S! They need to play quicker and smarter and the OC wants to play Dumber and slower. Ok we ran it for 4 Yards lets run it again .. ok good 8 yard run lets do it again oh they stopped us i wonder why him ok Lets go deep lol. When the Hawks use that short passing game they are unstoppable, this causes the Safeties to start cheating and thats when you hit them deep.

Last edited:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually i think they have but the Coaches don't know how to coach it. It's out of character for them and when they think ok lets try it they get all stupid. Quick passing game and smash mouth football, not to hard. Not the old Raiders offense from the 90's where it was huck and pray! i am TIRED of seeing 3rd and 2 and oh look a fly route and 50 yard pass.... WTF!

Lockett is more quick than fast USE that quickness in the quick passing game. DK is a massive man and fast, Defense play off use that 8+ yard cushion and hit them quick but not with FOOKING WR screens! Get the Back back into the Short passing game AND THE DAMN TE'S! They need to play quicker and smarter and the OC wants to play Dumber and slower. Ok we ran it for 4 Yards lets run it again .. ok good 8 yard run lets do it again oh they stopped us i wonder why him ok Lets go deep lol. When the Hawks use that short passing game they are unstoppable, this causes the Safeties to start cheating and thats when you hit them deep.

That’s where establishing a consistent running game can be so dangerous... Get those defenders cheating up, thinking run, opens up that passing game ... Penny should be back soon, Carson and Penny is a good combo... Plus you throw in Hyde who’s also pretty good... No reason not to lean on that a little more and let Russ take the shots out of play action, he’s so dangerous when doing that... Defensively also we still need improving, they’ve been a little better, but we’re also facing crappy offenses lately.... Today I was so pissed at Norton for calling a blitz and giving up that big play right before halftime... I swear to god sometimes I think Norton does this shit just to troll us ... He calls the dumbest &@&&@ defensive strategy possible.... I love blitzing on certain downs NO question, but with time running out in the half and all they can do is go over the top WTF is he doing ? Let’s have less guys in coverage to give the poor Jets a chance !!!