• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks season thread

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People fretting about the point total from last night, sometimes the game situation dictates how that goes. Was there ever any doubt who was in control of that game? There wasn't. And when we are out in front in games like that, PC does not take unnecessary risks. Never has, likely never will. The approach was mildly aggressive early in the game (we went for it on 4th down a couple times when maybe in years past we would have kicked or punted) and then not at all in the 2nd half....because there was no need to do it. Philly posed no real threat on offense, and their best way to get back in it would be sudden change type mistakes that happen when you take more risk with the ball. Had we been playing a more potent offense, you don't think the offensive approach may have adjusted accordingly? Cmon. We should all understand this by now.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Pete Carroll told 710 ESPN Seattle that the Seahawks are awaiting MRI results on Carlos Dunlap's foot, which he hurt Monday night. "He's got a sore foot," Carroll said. "We don't know what it is. It's something on the bottom of his foot." Dunlap played only 38 defensive snaps against Philadelphia, third among Seattle defensive ends behind Benson Mayowa (40) and Rasheem Green (39). Mayowa and rookie Alton Robinson (10) would likely play more if Dunlap has to miss time as they are all Leo ends."

oof thats not good! Thankfully the rest of the guys stepped up in the last game but that was against one of if not the worst Oline in the NFL. I am sure he injured his plantar fascia, lets hope it's just a strain. The Plantar fascia is a thick tendon that is connected from the heel to every toe. If i am not wrong we lost Olsen to him tearing that tendon.

Speaking of Olsen, Why TF are we not using Dissly more or any of the TE? Sure Hollister shows up but he is more like a FB/TE Hybrid where are our TE's!?
That lands on the horrific play calling. Dissly should have been eating up the Eagles garbage LBs, Carson should have been pounding the rock but really didn't get a chance too and DK got his but TL should have also been more involved burning that crap secondary. Shotty went full durp playing into the only strength of the Eagles D instead of hammering the shit out of their weaknesses.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That lands on the horrific play calling. Dissly should have been eating up the Eagles garbage LBs, Carson should have been pounding the rock but really didn't get a chance too and DK got his but TL should have also been more involved burning that crap secondary. Shotty went full durp playing into the only strength of the Eagles D instead of hammering the shit out of their weaknesses.

Yeah, I just don't know why we can't implement a few traditional screens when the other team can only rush the passer. It's such a simple way to gash overly aggressive d lines yet we refuse to use it. It feels like a stubbornness to adjust, which is frustrating.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I just don't know why we can't implement a few traditional screens when the other team can only rush the passer. It's such a simple way to gash overly aggressive d lines yet we refuse to use it. It feels like a stubbornness to adjust, which is frustrating.

This team sucks at screens but it was actually very effective earlier this year and you are right they went away from it. Makes you wonder if a lot of that was the fact they had their 4th and 5th string and sometimes the 6th string RB's playing when Hyde, Carson and Homer were out.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few screens would be nice but for the love of God please no more jet sweeps to Moore.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team sucks at screens but it was actually very effective earlier this year and you are right they went away from it. Makes you wonder if a lot of that was the fact they had their 4th and 5th string and sometimes the 6th string RB's playing when Hyde, Carson and Homer were out.
We rarely use a real screen, but elect for those useless WR bubble screens with few blockers. Throw that play out the window and forget it exists

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carroll didn’t sound overly concerned about the long-term status of the two-time Pro Bowler, however.

“He’s got a sore foot. There’s a little something going on but nothing serious and so we’ll just need to see how he goes and handles the week,” Carroll said during his weekly Wednesday press conference. “I can’t tell you how he’ll be on gameday yet but we’re hopeful and he’s hopeful he’ll be able to play.”

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carroll didn’t sound overly concerned about the long-term status of the two-time Pro Bowler, however.

“He’s got a sore foot. There’s a little something going on but nothing serious and so we’ll just need to see how he goes and handles the week,” Carroll said during his weekly Wednesday press conference. “I can’t tell you how he’ll be on gameday yet but we’re hopeful and he’s hopeful he’ll be able to play.”
I pay it's not, plantar fasciitis... That is a nasty, nagging injury that lingers...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pay it's not, plantar fasciitis... That is a nasty, nagging injury that lingers...

yeah i actually bruised my Plantar Fascia right where it connects to the heel and it's like walking on a big rock till it heals. hurts and sticks around because you are "always" walking on it. I jumped off a railing and slipped and landed funny, Stuck with me for 3 weeks easy.

I bet 50% of you have hurt yours before and never knew what it was. One of the more common ones is when the arch of your foot feels like it's tight or a twinge in it. Many think "oh i need to get better arch supports" and yes that can help but the Plantar Fascia is what you injured.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i actually bruised my Plantar Fascia right where it connects to the heel and it's like walking on a big rock till it heals. hurts and sticks around because you are "always" walking on it. I jumped off a railing and slipped and landed funny, Stuck with me for 3 weeks easy.

I bet 50% of you have hurt yours before and never knew what it was. One of the more common ones is when the arch of your foot feels like it's tight or a twinge in it. Many think "oh i need to get better arch supports" and yes that can help but the Plantar Fascia is what you injured.
I hurt mine 10 years ago rounding 2nd base in a baseball game... My first step out of bed every day was falling to the floor because my first step hurt so badly... Took about 9-12 months for me to get 100% healed... One of the more painful injuries i've ever had to endure... Something that you have to let ride it's course - surgery is usually something thats not done for this injury...

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now Josh Gordon returns! Nice. It's not like we are thin or in need at WR but since we already decided to keep him I'm glad he's back. He's still a decent enough receiver that teams will need to respect his presence and put a man on him. And that should ultimately help Lock and DK get less attention. Gordon's return gives Russ one more option out there. And that can't hurt.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now Josh Gordon returns! Nice. It's not like we are thin or in need at WR but since we already decided to keep him I'm glad he's back. He's still a decent enough receiver that teams will need to respect his presence and put a man on him. And that should ultimately help Lock and DK get less attention. Gordon's return gives Russ one more option out there. And that can't hurt.

I think he's a good fit for the offense. Like David Moore but with a bit more ability to make a big play with his feet.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that Gordon is a snatcher, his ability to pluck the ball is great. Thats something you don't ever really lose where as speed and quickness tend to decline. Gordon as your #3 WR for Week 16-17 is a huge get and the Hawks play the Rams and 49ers in those last two. Nice! I believe he is going to be in great shape just not football shape yet lol Getting hit is a whole new game. Gordon is a big strong guy though so he can handle it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon back? Cool I guess, just not sure if it happened early enough for him to make much of an impact. Probably going to be another 1 or 2 catch per game type thing, but if the catches matter then it'll help I suppose.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon back? Cool I guess, just not sure if it happened early enough for him to make much of an impact. Probably going to be another 1 or 2 catch per game type thing, but if the catches matter then it'll help I suppose.

He doesn't even get to practice with the team until Week 15.

I think that I would rather have Gordon catching balls in the playoffs than Freddy Swain though.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't even get to practice with the team until Week 15.

I think that I would rather have Gordon catching balls in the playoffs than Freddy Swain though.
Yeah, just doesn't seem like enough time for the return to be all that consequential. But hey, if he makes 1 big catch that helps get the team the SB then it's a smashing success. He has/had that type of ability.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with a healthy Carson/Hyde combo we could see some sparse screen plays. Maybe save them for the playoff playbook to really catch teams off guard.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with a healthy Carson/Hyde combo we could see some sparse screen plays. Maybe save them for the playoff playbook to really catch teams off guard.

It'd be nice to see Penny back in action as well. Philly has a good run defense and so does NY... little annoyed we stopped with the whole 'let russ cook' thing. He had a couple rough games against some good teams but c'mon!

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be nice to see Penny back in action as well. Philly has a good run defense and so does NY... little annoyed we stopped with the whole 'let russ cook' thing. He had a couple rough games against some good teams but c'mon!
Was it against the rams where Russ was in the redzone and had a scramble where he had 10 yards to run for an easy first down and instead threw over his shoulder to the other corner of the endzone for an easy pick? Maybe that was against the Bills? Regardless, after that pretty stupid decision, I am perfectly fine with having more of a balanced offense.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it against the rams where Russ was in the redzone and had a scramble where he had 10 yards to run for an easy first down and instead threw over his shoulder to the other corner of the endzone for an easy pick? Maybe that was against the Bills? Regardless, after that pretty stupid decision, I am perfectly fine with having more of a balanced offense.

This is without a doubt the most passive aggressive post on this forum I've ever seen.