• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks new unis coming Tuesday

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Apkb_-gCEAQ2omW.jpg

InTheRedZone377

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I used to run in Nike's and after a few miles or exposure to moisture, they would start to squeak and you could almost feel it when running or walking in them. I tried a few different types of Nike running shoes and they all did it. I haven't worn Nike's in 20 years. I hope their quality has improved. I never could understand the Nike following. Comparing their "New improved" design, I still don't get it. How does this company exist?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"• Teams with metallic-toned pants -- the 49ers, Saints, Cowboys, etc. -- now look a bit more subdued, because Nike's lightweight pants fabric has a more matte-ish finish." - From ESPN.com

Jed York ‏ @JedYork New Nike uniforms look great. Very light, great material for the players. Can't to see what else they do. I know Nike is not done yet

Jed York ‏ @JedYork en Can't wait to see what they do next

Does anybody else find it excessively weird that billion dollar organizations are farming out the creation of their image to a single entity? Maybe I'm misrepresenting Nike's involvement, but it sounds from Jed's posts that they have autonomy on creative license. Wouldn't it make more sense to have these people designing in house?

Am I missing something here?

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wow, I can't wait for the draft and then OTAs. This obsession with new unis is a bit too 'alternative lifestyle' for me. There are 2 things I care about with unis: 1) I don't have to look at any 300+ lb. lineman's naked @$$, and 2) I can easily differentiate the two teams on the field. The rest of it I'll leave to the fashionistas and Project Runway.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought the seagulls new unis were fugly

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
i'd like to see longer sleeves, but whatever.
Except on Justin Smith. The Larry the Cable Guy of the NFL.

Re: that jersey, I can hear Ahmad Brooks saying to himself "it's worth 44 million to wear this thing...I think..."

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhm this is a late April Fools joke right... Those sleeves make it look like a girls half shirt elongated to not show belly button...... Maybe they are just getting ready for when they put qbs and wide receivers in skirts.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I can't wait for the draft and then OTAs. This obsession with new unis is a bit too 'alternative lifestyle' for me. There are 2 things I care about with unis: 1) I don't have to look at any 300+ lb. lineman's naked @$$, and 2) I can easily differentiate the two teams on the field. The rest of it I'll leave to the fashionistas and Project Runway.

Rep.

People bitch too much about the unis.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except on Justin Smith. The Larry the Cable Guy of the NFL.

Re: that jersey, I can hear Ahmad Brooks saying to himself "it's worth 44 million to wear this thing...I think..."

ya well i don't have arms like justin smith

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm almost positive but the jerseys they will roll out in stores for fans will have the traditional sleeve length. It's that way in a couple of the videos I've seen at least.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno

the pro combats don't look THAT bad (as long as they stay away from the goofy oregon type shit)

and from what i understand the nike unis are much higher quality than the reebok ones....with more R&D and modern design put into them

How do you get that many rep points for that few (relatively) posts? Do you start a lot of threads that tend to go long? Are you just that great? ;) I don't care for rep points all that much but every once in awhile I find someone with ridiculously disproportionate rep points. I might have asked you before out of curiosity because there was one poster with about your rep a little while back.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
When I saw these, I immediately thought Chargers or Vikings, not Seahawks.

Do away with the digital clock-like numbers and that awful, awful stripe on the helmet as well as about 7 of the NINE nike logos spread over these things and I suppose it could grow on me. I was really hoping that the nfl wouldnt become like the arena league but deep down I knew better.

I think we all know that the all-grey 49er "pro-combat" uni is on the way in a couple of years. And that sickens me.

As someone else asked how Nike stays in business. Well, its beyond me. Theyre good at marketing and they take their marketing to an extreme. And I suppose when its beat in your head that something 'looks fresh' or 'exciting', then I suppose the more gullible of the world start believing it eventually.