• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks get no Respect.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when Wilson doesnt have great games, he keeps his composure and makes the throws that he needs to. This was on display on Saturday. The defense dominated most of the game and the offense moved the ball on the ground, but struggled through the air. Then in the 4th, the saints scored a td. Then Wilson immediately responded with clutch throws that led to a nail-in-the coffin td. He is not à liability. I fully expect them to win this Sunday.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Kaep over Troyer. Kaep has improved each week. His next challenge is to play well at the Clink. It's been a house of horrors for him, but I fully expect him to have a good game. Relatively speaking of course. He won't light it up but he will have a better game than he has so far in his career.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Kaep over Troyer. Kaep has improved each week. His next challenge is to play well at the Clink. It's been a house of horrors for him, but I fully expect him to have a good game. Relatively speaking of course. He won't light it up but he will have a better game than he has so far in his career.

Interesting how Kaep's improvement has had a direct correlation to how healthy his WR and TEs are. I think he is the true example of good receivers making an average QB look better than he is.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting how Kaep's improvement has had a direct correlation to how healthy his WR and TEs are. I think he is the true example of good receivers making an average QB look better than he is.

I agree, to a certain extent. His improvement has been directly correlated with the return of Crabtree. Wilson doesn't really have a decent receiver to throw to, so his numbers have only declined. If Harvin is able to play that would be an obvious upgrade.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kaep hasn't improved. The offense has with crabs coming back. But Kaep still looks a lot the same, and Seattle will exploit that.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for fun look up Kaep's, Gore's, Crab's, VD's, and Boldin's #'s while playing against a Pete Carroll coached team at The Clink.
They are beyond dismal.
BTW, IIRC Wilson was 8-19 in our 29-3 smackdown at The Clink vs SF earlier this year.

Wilson was meh in the loss against SF in SF, and has as many TD's as Int against SF this year...he's meh.
Kap has gotten better later in the year, while Wilson has faded.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep hasn't improved. The offense has with crabs coming back. But Kaep still looks a lot the same, and Seattle will exploit that.

We shall see, Sonny. I think Russell will have a tough go of it as well. They will be facing elite defenses but elite in different ways. We obviously need to find a way to take pressure off Kaep and create a little room to pass.

I hope Kaep takes a step forward and deals with the pressure up there. He's the X factor.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson was meh in the loss against SF in SF, and has as many TD's as Int against SF this year...he's meh.

Wilson does have 2 TDs and 2 INTs, but that is much better than the 1 TD and 4INTs that Kaep has had against the Hawks. Kaep also played some seriously garbage teams like WAS, ATL and TB.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see, Sonny. I think Russell will have a tough go of it as well. They will be facing elite defenses but elite in different ways. We obviously need to find a way to take pressure off Kaep and create a little room to pass.

I hope Kaep takes a step forward and deals with the pressure up there. He's the X factor.

Both QBs will be the X factor in this game. Which ever one limits the mistakes and moves his team the best will win.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Give Wilson SF's O line and see what happens.

If you want to evaluate a QB you MUST look at what he has to work with. They say games are won or lost in the trenches and Seattle's line has been very disappointing all year. They started off the season average or so, but injuries sent that way down and even after they all returned they still haven't been able to reach even average status. Combine that with losing rice from an already below average receiving corp and not having Harvin all season and his weapons have been less than acceptable.

These are all reasons to believe SF has a chance to come into Seattle and get a win, but putting that blame on Wilson and saying he is 'meh' shows you haven't really watched any of that offense. That or you don't know what you are watching.

Kaepernick has an above average O line and several good targets. Of course they pass more. However Seattle knows him and has played well against him. There will be no surprises from what they will see by their offense. Were it not for a blown assignment by a LB in their last game Seattle beats them on the road. The defense cannot have those kinds of issues on any play. SF will feast on any even small mistake you make.

This game will be more about both defenses than the offenses. It will be who turns it over and which defense makes mistakes to allow explosive plays that decides this outcome.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both QBs will be the X factor in this game. Which ever one limits the mistakes and moves his team the best will win.

I see it the opposite. The defenses are so key to both teams that their play will decide it. Our defense is what lost us the Atlanta game in the playoffs last year and it nearly cost us the game last week.

In games like this you have to have extreme focus and discipline on defense. One mistake and the other team rips off a 50y play and in what threatens to be a low scoring game anyway that makes all the difference in the world.

In our last meeting Seattle didn't lose because of Wilson. They lost because a LB missed his assignment and allowed Gore to gash them for a huge run late. That lack of focus lost them the game.

Defense will win or lose this game IMO.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think it will come down to which team wins the turnover battle. If no TOs, then QB play.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's two sides to the same coin. On teams where they are defense first if the other QB beats you the first question is why did your defense allow it. In all 3 losses for Seattle this season the defense caused it more than the offense not scoring enough to win. When you are a defense first, conservative ground game team you live and die by your defensive play. Period.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GB and Carolina tried that - didn't work.

Honestly, Kaep is every bit as good as Wilson.

Should be a good game.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mistake-free football in this case. There are no miracle-makers on these teams that can put up points in seconds of the game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Should be a good game.

Kaepernick is a more dangerous pure runner and Wilson is more dangerous creating plays out of a scramble. Both can hit down field targets and both have their passing weakness: Kaepernick doesn't check down nearly as effectively and wilson misses finding open receivers with his height.

You can't compare what GB and Carolina did against them. Seattle played them in their house just a few weeks ago and only lost it because of a blown LB coverage on Gores long run late. It wasn't Kaepernick that beat them, nor boldin, but a blown coverage that let gore gash them. And that was in their house.

Both teams know each other very well. Neither QB is going to do anything surprising at this point to the other team. Kaepernick runs left and Wilson scrambles right. They both know it.

The only x-factor then is Harvin. He is the only unknown quantity that SF hasn't seen before from Seattle. Crabree? Saw him a few weeks ago and he didn't impact the game.

If you don't contain Kaepernick he can burn you for first downs. There is no doubt. The question is can he do it on the road in Seattle where he has struggled.

If Harvin can stay healthy for more than a quarter you have to like Seattle's chances. If not it's a toss up.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Should be a good game.

I watched both. Carolina doesn't have the horses outside to play as physical as they tried to, blown coverages, bad angles.... And gb did a good job covering downfield, but they dont have the speed upfront to contain Kap. Both of these weaknesses that burned them are strengths in Seattle. Add in the noise and the fact that the Seahawks defenders have straight up said that they love the way they match up against Kap, I see a decisive Seattle win. Don't get your panties in a bunch about it, just my prediction.