• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks Ernest jones

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I view the top 3 picks as impact picks that shouldn't be moved since they should/better be day 1 starters. Seattle moving off a 2nd rounder for Williams is acceptable since he makes an impact. Rounds 4-7 can be traded at any time and more easily recovered.

Completely agree.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing is I don't like trading for players on expiring contracts, if they work out you feel obligated to sign him for maximum market value (or look silly for trading for him) and if he doesn't work out you wasted a draft pick.
That being said I'm liking what I'm hearing on evaluations of Jones talent ( not a stud but good in all phases of the position) who looks like a good fit for McDonalds defensive scheme and can handle the Mike LB position and free Dotson to be the Will LB full time.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,579.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of if's, maybe's and opinions but nothing based on facts. What are the facts? We gave up a 4th rounder and a struggling player for a player that was traded from his former team just for a swap of the 6th round pick for a 5th round pick. Who cares if it works out he isn't going to become a stud here. Servicable maybe, A good back up? Only if we could resign him and that means he had a season good enough someone else might plug him in as a starter again. Not only is He a FA in 2025 so is Dodson. Would much rather have that 4th round pick as we need some stability and youth that a 4th round pick could bring for 4 years.

I hope he plays lights out and set the world on fire. Just means another future comp pick as he signs elsewhere this offseason. I hate one year mother ucking rentals that cost you draft picks! Had they gave us the 6th they got from the Rams i would feel a little better about it. Not a lot better just a little.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The oddest thing about this trade is it replaces a guy who we brought in after Macdonald came on board. Was he wrong about Baker? Up to this point I was sure Coach Mac knew the type of player he needs for his defense, but this sort of flies in the face of that. It's not like I expect him to be right 100% of the time, but this aspect of the deal still sticks out to me. And once again, if Jones is a big upgrade then no one will care about the 4th rounder or moving on from Baker.

And I should add because I don't think its been mentioned here yet (or I just missed it): this move pushes Dodson back over to the weak side, where he played very well in Buffalo last year. It could end up upgrading us at 2 starting positions.