• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawk talk

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"They told me it was over but I've been deaf since I was 3 so I didn't listen"

:10:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article on a 12th man in NY. What a fan.

New York-based Seahawks fan David Barrionuevo chases Super dream - Daily News

"Barrionuevo eats, drinks and breathes the Zen, according to Pete Carroll. This involves an open heart, a giddy monologue and an eternally upbeat view about all the tailgaters who populate this world. After attending 17 Seahawk games this season, and completing 10 trips to Seattle, he has as many stories to tell as frequent flier miles."

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch is confident the Seahawks will go to the Superbowl. Didn't realize there was a mic at first.

[YOUTUBE]BGoELb3nnKk#t=0[/YOUTUBE]

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never understand why these guys don't use the car service the team provides.

The NFL, per the CBA IIRC, has an anonymous free car service deal already to pick up any players that may have had too much to drink. How these asshats can disregard or at least have a plan prior to a drinking night is beyond me. Never mind the fact that a lot of these players will make more in one season then most fans do in 20 years, the fact that they have no concept of civil responsibility given the perks and FREE services provided to them is a damn shame and frankly HAS to be embarrassing for the teams and the league.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL, per the CBA IIRC, has an anonymous free car service deal already to pick up any players that may have had too much to drink. How these asshats can disregard or at least have a plan prior to a drinking night is beyond me. Never mind the fact that a lot of these players will make more in one season then most fans do in 20 years, the fact that they have no concept of civil responsibility given the perks and FREE services provided to them is a damn shame and frankly HAS to be embarrassing for the teams and the league.

Some of these guys are young and dumb with total disreguard for the law. Only when someone gets hurt or worse is when their eyes open up and realize how stupid they were.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these guys are young and dumb with total disreguard for the law. Only when someone gets hurt or worse is when their eyes open up and realize how stupid they were.

Yeah and no. You hear of plenty of NFL guys in their late 20's and into their 30's getting busted for DUI's too so I don't necessarily chalk it up to young and dumb as much as this "God" complex that these players feel (probably from years of people telling them the are the best things since sliced bread) from HS on, where the rules don't matter and don't come in to play when they are involved.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article on a 12th man in NY. What a fan.

New York-based Seahawks fan David Barrionuevo chases Super dream - Daily News

"Barrionuevo eats, drinks and breathes the Zen, according to Pete Carroll. This involves an open heart, a giddy monologue and an eternally upbeat view about all the tailgaters who populate this world. After attending 17 Seahawk games this season, and completing 10 trips to Seattle, he has as many stories to tell as frequent flier miles."

David is a good friend of mine and is truly passionate about the Seahawks. He stayed at our house over Christmas and we hung out together at Houston and the TNF game in Phoenix. Truly a great guy.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Why post it in the smack talk, instead of Seahawk talk thread. Guessing just a mistake.

Anyway I find it amazing that you actual know him. He's a true 12th man, don't you think?

I didn't post it here, but I saw it and responded.

I am a pretty big fan but not quite at his level. I could tell some great stories about him. He still has his paper wristband from TC that he has never removed. He has been to every home and road game this year including the playoff games. Born and raised in NY, yet he is a 12 thru and thru.
He and I, with others, will be partying at The Clink this Sunday.
BTW, he is not wealthy. He has sacrificed a ton to complete the journey he is on. He is near the end.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad Unsplit, how did you met a Seahawk fan from NY?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad Unsplit, how did you met a Seahawk fan from NY?

I met him online on another forum. A bunch of us ROADHAWKED to the Houston game. I met him and another 25 Seahawk fans from the other forum.
He stayed with my wife and I for the game in Az at our home there. When I found out he did not have a hotel room in Phoenix, well I wasn't going to let him sleep at the airport.
One quick story, the game was Thursday night Sea vs Az. His flight back to NY departed at 5AM. Crap! So, at 3am Friday morning we get up and leave the house for the airport. The airport is about a 15 or 18 mile straight shot from home.
He and I were in such a engrossed convo regarding the game the night before, I happened to notice an upcoming exit stating that Chandler is the next exit. Crap!!! We drove 10 miles past the airport without even noticing.
I still have to LMAO at that one.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't post it here, but I saw it and responded.

I am a pretty big fan but not quite at his level. I could tell some great stories about him. He still has his paper wristband from TC that he has never removed. He has been to every home and road game this year including the playoff games. Born and raised in NY, yet he is a 12 thru and thru.
He and I, with others, will be partying at The Clink this Sunday.
BTW, he is not wealthy. He has sacrificed a ton to complete the journey he is on. He is near the end.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I was in NY in early December and watched the SEA-SF game at that bar Carlow East. It was packed with Hawk fans. Some transplants, but a lot of guys from NY and NJ. They've been going there for years and years to watch games and had their own chants that they would do. When the Hawks would stuff a play at the line, everyone yells "Where you goin'?!? Fuckin' Nowhere!!!" It blew my mind hearing 150 New York accents cheering for the Hawks.