• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scheduling for the CFP.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO...You need to READ again.
2000 Arizona was 5-6 and UN-Ranked!
2001 UCLA was 7-4 and UN-ranked!
I don't care about the "names" of OSU's opponents - I care about their "quality" and neither Arizona nor UCLA were "good" opponents!

your comment leading into your "work" - "Let's look at OSU's P5 opponents since 1990 by year!"

as I said, try again if you want.

Also, as long as when OSU schedules these teams they are top teams it's really all I can judge them on (same with any school). How those teams play sometimes a decade later out of anyone's hands.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hope your fandom never results to what? Looking at reality instead of myths?
Never results in caring about my conference and another team more than my own team since my own team is often an also-ran.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your comment leading into your "work" - "Let's look at OSU's P5 opponents since 1990 by year!"

as I said, try again if you want.

OMG!
Would you like to LOOK at the post again? It starts with...

"OSU played the above teams FIFTY times from 1990 to 2023 yet only 17 of the above "named" teams ended up ranked!"
Let's look at OSU's P5 opponents since 1990 by year!

Then I listed 17 opponents and you couldn't connect the dots?

Also, as long as when OSU schedules these teams they are top teams it's really all I can judge them on (same with any school). How those teams play sometimes a decade later out of anyone's hands.
That is a LAME excuse for poor OOC scheduling. Of the original list of all P5 teams played over the previous 34 seasons, how many have been ranked at least HALF of the time? The answer is FIVE teams that OSU played just 12 times in 34 seasons. I'm surprised OSU didn't rush out to scheule Vanderbilt after the 2012 & 2013 seasons as they were ranked those two years (the only times in the past 70 seasons)!

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says they are "top teams"?

Since 1990 OSU is the winningest program in FBS.
The NEXT 10 winningest OOC P5 teams for OSU are: Alabama, Georgia, Florida State, Oklahoma, Florida, Clemson, Oregon, Miami-Florida, LSU, and Texas.

Over the past 34 seasons OSU has scheduled these 10 teams exactly 8 times (and only 6 of those 8 teams were ranked)! Let's see 8/34 works out to LESS than 1 every 4 years. Remember, OSU played 50 P5 OOC games yet, only 8 were against "tough" opponents. Where are all of those "tough" teams?

Compare that to Florida: Florida is the 6th winningest team over the past 34 years.
The NEXT 10 winningest OOC P5 teams for Florida are: Ohio State, Florida State, Oklahoma, Michigan, Clemson, Oregon, Penn State, Miami-Florida, Texas, and Wisconsin.

Over the past 34 seasons UF has scheduled these 10 teams exactly 39 times (and 29 of of the 39 were ranked)! Let's see 39/34 works out to MORE than 1 every year. Remember, played only 43 P5 OOC games yet 39 of those were against "tough" opponents. UF has played almost FIVE times (39/8) as many "tough" opponents as OSU has played (and UF hasn't played the most!!!).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG!
Would you like to LOOK at the post again? It starts with...

"OSU played the above teams FIFTY times from 1990 to 2023 yet only 17 of the above "named" teams ended up ranked!"
Let's look at OSU's P5 opponents since 1990 by year!

Then I listed 17 opponents and you couldn't connect the dots?

That is a LAME excuse for poor OOC scheduling. Of the original list of all P5 teams played over the previous 34 seasons, how many have been ranked at least HALF of the time? The answer is FIVE teams that OSU played just 12 times in 34 seasons. I'm surprised OSU didn't rush out to scheule Vanderbilt after the 2012 & 2013 seasons as they were ranked those two years (the only times in the past 70 seasons)!
you messed up and could not follow your own comments. Pretty comical.

Lame excuse? I mean, if we schedule a top 5 team like Va Tech but by time we play they fall off the map is that on OSU (or any team this happens to)?

Home and homes with ND, Miami FL, USC, Texas, Oklahoma, washington, Va Tech, TCU and so many others and scheduled when those teams were at top of the sport. and of course upcoming series with bama, UGA, Texas again and others. Cannot ask for much more. If you care to tell me the teams who you think schedule so much better please feel free to finally answer this question I have asked a number of times.

Once again this is not really a BIG-SEC topic for me but if you want to make it one since that is all you think you have when it comes to CFB feel free.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says they are "top teams"?

Since 1990 OSU is the winningest program in FBS.
The NEXT 10 winningest OOC P5 teams for OSU are: Alabama, Georgia, Florida State, Oklahoma, Florida, Clemson, Oregon, Miami-Florida, LSU, and Texas.

Over the past 34 seasons OSU has scheduled these 10 teams exactly 8 times (and only 6 of those 8 teams were ranked)! Let's see 8/34 works out to LESS than 1 every 4 years. Remember, OSU played 50 P5 OOC games yet, only 8 were against "tough" opponents. Where are all of those "tough" teams?

Compare that to Florida: Florida is the 6th winningest team over the past 34 years.
The NEXT 10 winningest OOC P5 teams for Florida are: Ohio State, Florida State, Oklahoma, Michigan, Clemson, Oregon, Penn State, Miami-Florida, Texas, and Wisconsin.

Over the past 34 seasons UF has scheduled these 10 teams exactly 39 times (and 29 of of the 39 were ranked)! Let's see 39/34 works out to MORE than 1 every year. Remember, played only 43 P5 OOC games yet 39 of those were against "tough" opponents. UF has played almost FIVE times (39/8) as many "tough" opponents as OSU has played (and UF hasn't played the most!!!).
Thanks I forgot about Oregon who we also had a home-home with. told you why SEC teams were avoided in the past and it's because OSU likes home-home series and many SEC teams seem to prefer neutral OOC big games. Now that some have changed Bama and UGA have gone on the schedule.

Cool story about UF....too bad they have been an alsoran nearly entire time since Meyer left in 2010. I get why all you have now is schedule talk.