• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scheduling for the CFP.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO...You need to READ again.
2000 Arizona was 5-6 and UN-Ranked!
2001 UCLA was 7-4 and UN-ranked!
I don't care about the "names" of OSU's opponents - I care about their "quality" and neither Arizona nor UCLA were "good" opponents!

your comment leading into your "work" - "Let's look at OSU's P5 opponents since 1990 by year!"

as I said, try again if you want.

Also, as long as when OSU schedules these teams they are top teams it's really all I can judge them on (same with any school). How those teams play sometimes a decade later out of anyone's hands.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hope your fandom never results to what? Looking at reality instead of myths?
Never results in caring about my conference and another team more than my own team since my own team is often an also-ran.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your comment leading into your "work" - "Let's look at OSU's P5 opponents since 1990 by year!"

as I said, try again if you want.

OMG!
Would you like to LOOK at the post again? It starts with...

"OSU played the above teams FIFTY times from 1990 to 2023 yet only 17 of the above "named" teams ended up ranked!"
Let's look at OSU's P5 opponents since 1990 by year!

Then I listed 17 opponents and you couldn't connect the dots?

Also, as long as when OSU schedules these teams they are top teams it's really all I can judge them on (same with any school). How those teams play sometimes a decade later out of anyone's hands.
That is a LAME excuse for poor OOC scheduling. Of the original list of all P5 teams played over the previous 34 seasons, how many have been ranked at least HALF of the time? The answer is FIVE teams that OSU played just 12 times in 34 seasons. I'm surprised OSU didn't rush out to scheule Vanderbilt after the 2012 & 2013 seasons as they were ranked those two years (the only times in the past 70 seasons)!