• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SB LI Champ

Who will win SB LI and by how much?

• Patriots by 8+

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Patriots by 7 or less

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Falcons by 7 or less

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Falcons by 8+

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negative. Play average against new england in the playoffs and you most certainly aren't scoring 30+, you are incredibly delusional about atlanta's prospects in this game.
Average for Atlantas offense vs a mediocre defense is 30s. So that's not delusional. It's called statistical probability

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that him and @NEhomer ?? Must be a love/hate relationship

Nah, by the looks of things around here, this is me and Hammer.

latest

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Brady returned from suspension, Atl was #1 scoring team at 33 ppg, and NE was no#2 at 30 ppg , so a 3 point difference. 3 more days till judgement day

I'm big on down playing chances, but come on sonny, no way Pats lose right?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No its really not. Their ppg allowed is a function of playing the 32nd ranked schedule and facing a horrendous line u of QBS. I'd say NE is a slightly above average D and that's barely. Their adjusted stats are mediocre at best although they are trending up slightly

Throw what ever you want out there but giving up 15 a game on D is impressive. Fine, NE played a 32nd ranked schedule, not their fault. Atlanta beating a banged up Seattle and GB team to get too the SB one might say were pretty lucky, not their fault. You can spin it any way you want but if Atlanta comes out flat against that D, NE wins it running away.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw what ever you want out there but giving up 15 a game on D is impressive. Fine, NE played a 32nd ranked schedule, not their fault. Atlanta beating a banged up Seattle and GB team to get too the SB one might say were pretty lucky, not their fault. You can spin it any way you want but if Atlanta comes out flat against that D, NE wins it running away.
It's not spin. It's just reality. If you replaced 4 games vs Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Derek Carr with games vs Cody Kessler, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bryce Petty and Brock Osweiler Atlanta would have a "really good defense" too. Like it or not your opposition is extremely relevant when discussing stats. That's why adjusted stats are viable and generally much more telling to a teams actual ability.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not spin. It's just reality. If you replaced 4 games vs Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Derek Carr with games vs Cody Kessler, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bryce Petty and Brock Osweiler Atlanta would have a "really good defense" too. Like it or not your opposition is extremely relevant when discussing stats. That's why adjusted stats are viable and generally much more telling to a teams actual ability.

The two most important stats are Off ppg and Def ppg. All the other stats are fillers.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't the Seahawks D supposed to be pretty good?
The Seahawks had a down year and beat both Super Bowl entrants in the regular season.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two most important stats are Off ppg and Def ppg. All the other stats are fillers.
And those stats are a direct derivative of who you play. Points are obviously the most valuable thing in football but it's disingenuous to pretend it's just as easy to defend some teams as others. I'm not besmirching New England by stating the obvious. The absolute best QB they faced all season is, at best, the 5th best QB Atlanta faced. They played 5 common opponents and Atlantas defense allowed less points to 3 of the 5. I'm not claiming Atlantas defense is great or even good but their numbers would be much much better if they'd played New Englands schedule and no real football fan would argue that. It's clear.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not stupid, so they understand part of this we may not. Could have to do with the Falcons being 40/1 to start the season.
Sharps $ rolling in has been on the Falcons and the under.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those stats are a direct derivative of who you play. Points are obviously the most valuable thing in football but it's disingenuous to pretend it's just as easy to defend some teams as others. I'm not besmirching New England by stating the obvious. The absolute best QB they faced all season is, at best, the 5th best QB Atlanta faced. They played 5 common opponents and Atlantas defense allowed less points to 3 of the 5. I'm not claiming Atlantas defense is great or even good but their numbers would be much much better if they'd played New Englands schedule and no real football fan would argue that. It's clear.
You obviously don't take into account that teams match up differently against certain teams. Watch Sunday and you'll be learnt.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously don't take into account that teams match up differently against certain teams. Watch Sunday and you'll be learnt.
New England is actually a great matchup for Atlantas offense. Atlantareally is only slowed by teams who create pressure and get to the QB. New England dies not do that. Yes I understand it's their philosophy but philosophy or not isn't really germane. If you don't get to Ryan you aren't stopping Atlanta but the time for telling you this is nearly over

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They reflect probable outcomes for the future. U mean it's theoretical possible Atlanta wins 65-0 too but I like to deal on likelihood. The likelihood given both teams defensive efficiencies and both teams offensive output is a game played in the 30s
So by your logic if NEs D plays average they'll give up 16. If they play bad they give up 30. If they play well they give up 10. Regardless they win because they Atlanta's D can't stop all the Pats weapons. Read yout thread about Atlanta's weapons again. This time replace the names with any NE WR, RB, TE see how this works.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons aren't gonna get a lot of respect until they beat the Pats. Some have real reasons, but most just have "It's the Patriots, they're gonna win."

Personally, I was far more nervous about the Packers game than I am for the SB.
I can understand that because GB has an awesome D. Weren't they on their 15th DBs for the season?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England is actually a great matchup for Atlantas offense. Atlantareally is only slowed by teams who create pressure and get to the QB. New England dies not do that. Yes I understand it's their philosophy but philosophy or not isn't really germane. If you don't get to Ryan you aren't stopping Atlanta but the time for telling you this is nearly over
Atlanta's success is based on getting good yardage on 1st and 2nd. NE has a stout run D. Don't expect the same success in this game. NE will rush 3 the majority of the game. They'll blitz occasionally. Their zone coverage 2 or 3 will give up the short stuff and clamp down in the RZ. ATL will move the ball but not like they're accustomed to. NE wil wait for ATL to make a mistake more likely two and the game will be out of reach.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but their offense may not be ranked where it is either. Again see how these get spun when you don't cherry pick and actually apply logic?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people want to pick the Pats that's cool. But for the love of God please stop comparing this year's Pats D with Seattle in 13 or Denver last year. They're not close to the same. New England's defense isnt even as good as Seattle's or Denvers THIS year lol

No argument there. But the offense is much better than Seattles and Denvers

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks had a down year and beat both Super Bowl entrants in the regular season.

And got their shit pushed in by one of them in the Divisional Round.