• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE ARE GOING TO THE FUCKIN' SUPERBOWL

I LOVE EVERYBODY READING THIS THREAD

lol. I was hammered and couldn't remember half my posts from yesterday.

I don't love everybody reading this thread.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't take a Fox microphone at some random location to be equal to the Guiness mics that have been properly calibrated and put at a specific location each time. The FOX mic may have been hanging straight out the press box for all we know, or set to a narrow pickup pattern verses what the guiness people did.

Exactly. The 107 readings you were seeing was with the network equipment probably placed up by the press box.

Seahawksgal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrads on winning your wager, now you got a nice pot to wager in the Superbowl.

Thanks Harold. I can't wait to put it all on the Hawks. Will wait til closer to the game. Wonder what the final spread will be.

I texted my niece, brother-in-law and sister last night. All live in Castle Rock, CO and are big Bronco fans. May have to make a side bet with them.

I did ask my niece if the Broncos had ever faced a defense like our in the AFC. I'm not familiar with the AFC teams at all.

I did hear on ESPN after the game that the Broncos defense was rated 19th. That is a bit of relief to not to have to face a Top 5 defense like we have the last couple of games. And we don't have to worry about a mobile quarterback.

How do you all see this game?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't take a Fox microphone at some random location to be equal to the Guiness mics that have been properly calibrated and put at a specific location each time. The FOX mic may have been hanging straight out the press box for all we know, or set to a narrow pickup pattern verses what the guiness people did.

Agreed, but the sideline reporters were reporting that while it was loud, in games past you couldn't even hear the guy standing next to you, which wasn't the case on Sunday. I'm not saying it wasn't loud, but for the most part it didn't really seem to affect the 9ers most of the game.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but the sideline reporters were reporting that while it was loud, in games past you couldn't even hear the guy standing next to you, which wasn't the case on Sunday. I'm not saying it wasn't loud, but for the most part it didn't really seem to affect the 9ers most of the game.

Probably had something to do with the fact that there seemed to be a good number of 49er fans in the stands.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably had something to do with the fact that there seemed to be a good number of 49er fans in the stands.

You could hear them chanting "defense" when we had the ball. So much for our conspiracy to prevent them from getting tickets.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Harold. I can't wait to put it all on the Hawks. Will wait til closer to the game. Wonder what the final spread will be.

I texted my niece, brother-in-law and sister last night. All live in Castle Rock, CO and are big Bronco fans. May have to make a side bet with them.

I did ask my niece if the Broncos had ever faced a defense like our in the AFC. I'm not familiar with the AFC teams at all.

I did hear on ESPN after the game that the Broncos defense was rated 19th. That is a bit of relief to not to have to face a Top 5 defense like we have the last couple of games. And we don't have to worry about a mobile quarterback.

How do you all see this game?

Think it will be a great game and yes, it is going to nice not having to go against a great defense for a change. Going against that offense will be tough and I'm really looking forward to this match up.

Someone is going to cement there reputation in this game. Could be Peyton Manning winning another Superbowl to squash all the talk of him not playing well in the playoffs, or the LOB could become lengendary. Perhaps Russell Wilson steps up and has a great game.

Looking forward to seeing this game.

ErrDayI'mRusselin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished reading a good amount of the 49ers game thread in the second half....and I have not laughed so hard in a while!!! A great game though with the two best teams in the league in my opinion. It was a hard fought match with bad calls going against both teams, but we found a way to keep fighting and created some extremely crucial turnovers. Can't wait to see another amazing match up with the #1 offense vs. #1 defense.

Side note, anyone else concerned about our red zone offense? We have not been very good it seems for about 6 or 7 games. Anyone else concerned? I probably should put this in a new thread.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished reading a good amount of the 49ers game thread in the second half....and I have not laughed so hard in a while!!! A great game though with the two best teams in the league in my opinion. It was a hard fought match with bad calls going against both teams, but we found a way to keep fighting and created some extremely crucial turnovers. Can't wait to see another amazing match up with the #1 offense vs. #1 defense.

Side note, anyone else concerned about our red zone offense? We have not been very good it seems for about 6 or 7 games. Anyone else concerned? I probably should put this in a new thread.

No, Harvin is back to full speed and will have both weeks of full practice. I think they are going to be a lot more dynamic in the red zone even with their shitty line. I think you can exploit some of that defense if you spread them out and Harvin gives them the tool to do that.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen on the 9ers board a lot of people complaining that players were open on that last play, Madden did a mof of the moment just before he threw and asked who should he have thrown the ball to.

1025590_10152134712493756_208932773_o.jpg

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we were all celebrating, but does anyone think it was kind of douchey for Harbaugh to call timeouts between our kneel downs? Such a wanker, crybaby, whiner move. He thinks RW is going to muff the snaps?

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, lots wrong about that image from Madden. Not even close to the correct field position or the position of the recievers or defenders. Boldin was open at the 10, although if Kaep looked that way ET3 might have made the play. Since he locked on Crabs, ET3 drifted towards the center of the field.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that Madden shot is pretty cool.

Looking at that kaep should've checked down to Hunter for the 1st down and then called a TO.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we were all celebrating, but does anyone think it was kind of douchey for Harbaugh to call timeouts between our kneel downs? Such a wanker, crybaby, whiner move. He thinks RW is going to muff the snaps?

Oh, I remember. I also thought that Ahmad Brooks was bull rushing Giacomini, but since I haven't watched it again (I will in a day or so) I can't confirm that or if I just thought it at the time.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At first I thought it was a pretty poor sport thing to do, but after I sobered up I thought he may as well do it. He had nothing to lose and all he could pray for was a bobbled exchange between Unger and Wilson. Probably a 1 in 10000 kind of thing to hope for but when you got nothing else why not?

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was really surprised because hes never called timeouts like that before that I remember. At least he didn't pull a Schiano, right?

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not likely but if you had you were be given two free powerball tickets that only paid if you got each number right would you take those free odds at the jackpot?

I mean it was a snowball's chance in hell but it was his only two snowballs before the season ended. I had no problem with it other than it caused me to jump around longer waiting for the game clock to hit 0.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at that pic, Boldin and Crabs were running full on go routes looking for the game winner TD caught in the endzone. Patton and Davis were to setup on the left side of the field about 10 yds apart looking to either catch and quickly run out of bounds and with Davis slightly past the 1st down with the same idea. If whoever was covering them missed the tackle, they could try to squeeze out additional yds down the sideline, but whatever they do, gain as many yds as possible, but get out of bounds to stop the clock. If they did this, they would of had at least 1 to 2 more plays and closer to the endzone.

SF went for the glory and got burned. They even had a timeout which makes this worse. Crabs could of been the #1 all along. Possible considering he had other options. Happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I thought it was a pretty poor sport thing to do, but after I sobered up I thought he may as well do it. He had nothing to lose and all he could pray for was a bobbled exchange between Unger and Wilson. Probably a 1 in 10000 kind of thing to hope for but when you got nothing else why not?

:agree:

It's the playoffs, do or die time. I don't hold it against him for hoping for a miracle.
I'm sure we would have done the same in that situation.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at that pic, Boldin and Crabs were running full on go routes looking for the game winner TD caught in the endzone. Patton and Davis were to setup on the left side of the field about 10 yds apart looking to either catch and quickly run out of bounds and with Davis slightly past the 1st down with the same idea. If whoever was covering them missed the tackle, they could try to squeeze out additional yds down the sideline, but whatever they do, gain as many yds as possible, but get out of bounds to stop the clock. If they did this, they would of had at least 1 to 2 more plays and closer to the endzone.

SF went for the glory and got burned. They even had a timeout which makes this worse. Crabs could of been the #1 all along. Possible considering he had other options. Happens.

and Sherm showed him what he wanted to see. Tight press coverage. He was begging for the play and got it. He knew the route, beat the mediocre receiver to the spot, almost picked it, had Crabs not shoved his shoulder, and then made a beautiful tip.