• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban to Texas --- $10 million/year

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I decided I wanted to build some credit (I was like 21 and had none at all) I actually got a small loan from the bank I hold my checking services with for the smallest amount they would give me ($2500 for 2 years w/ a cosigner) built up my credit over a year or so, paid the loan off, then got a credit card with my established credit history. My credit score is like 750 now and i'm only 25. :dance:

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, seems i remember this case and it was found that the vehicle was really a 2007, not the 2011 that was reported by the fake story website and the SUV in question was also found to be Trents Brothers SUV. His brother was in jail in Florida or something like that. Just another case of investigative journalism at its finest.

TideSports.com - UA confirms disassociation of shop owner

anigif_enhanced-buzz-25961-1383833732-22.gif

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I decided I wanted to build some credit (I was like 21 and had none at all) I actually got a small loan from the bank I hold my checking services with for the smallest amount they would give me ($2500 for 2 years w/ a cosigner) built up my credit over a year or so, paid the loan off, then got a credit card with my established credit history. My credit score is like 750 now and i'm only 25. :dance:

I will go you one better, My son is 29, has been in the Air Force since he was 19, has a near perfect beacon score, owns a 35K mustang he paid cash for and has over 80K in the bank. I applaud kids who take initiative and build their score but the comment on the gas card was weak. It takes a good beacon score or decent track record to get a gas card.

Homes, cars, anything that is tangible property is easier to get a loan on than a credit account or credit card with no collateral or asset behind it to recoup some of the loss.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will go you one better, My son is 29, has been in the Air Force since he was 19, has a near perfect beacon score, owns a 35K mustang he paid cash for and has over 80K in the bank. I applaud kids who take initiative and build their score but the comment on the gas card was weak. It takes a good beacon score or decent track record to get a gas card.

Homes, cars, anything that is tangible property is easier to get a loan on than a credit account or credit card with no collateral or asset behind it to recoup some of the loss.

I be of the poe college student variety though. It's hard to build up credit when you don't have any money.:lol:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, what did that have to do with the fake shit you posted earlier.

Again that story had no teeth and they distanced themselves from him to keep there from being a problem.

I have told this story to more than one OK. Fan. Your Boosters are not angels when it come to goings on. My family has a thanksgiving get together each year with people from about 10 different schools from the SEC, Big 12 and PAC 12. At a party a few years ago one of the Big 12 boosters was speaking on one of the stories that was on a news service that year about money handshakes, parties with girls who would do favors for potential recruits and money changing hands after big games. This particular booster said his school had recently gotten some frisbee catching dogs(receivers) that were costing a group of boosters some pretty big bucks with their handshakes and appetites for the ladies as well as the expensive taste in clothes and cars. He said it would be worth it if they performed on the field though.

Now far be it from me to point fingers, but this is a close personal friend of my family that just so happens to be a booster(big money booster at that) of a Big 12 school who hates Texas with a passion and would SOONER see Texas lose every game, than anything else. I dont know this to be fact, but i trust this man as he has never lied to me or my family, and it does seem funny that some of these players are no longer at the school for various reasons now. :noidea:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I be of the poe college student variety though. It's hard to build up credit when you don't have any money.:lol:

My son works for uncle obie, you think he gets bank?

His saving grace is he doesnt spend money unless he really needs it or feels that he has lived without something long enough. That and he volunteers for overseas duty alot, where you get big money for per diem and travel expenses, and hazardous duty pay. He banks all that money.

I struggled in college too. I remember living on soups and sandwiches for about three years, until i figured out I could repair computers for cash, then i lived in a nice apartment and ate out alot.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Former UA defensive end Luther Davis, who signed a free-agent contract with the Buffalo Bills on Tuesday as an undrafted rookie, said he purchased the only suits he ever owned while at Alabama from Al Betar, and paid for them in full."

:whistle:

Charles Manson has claimed his innocence for going on an eternity now, doesnt mean he was telling the truth. Words with no proof are just that...words.

I can spout rumors all day, but to prove one would be a major undertaking.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son works for uncle obie, you think he gets bank?

His saving grace is he doesnt spend money unless he really needs it or feels that he has lived without something long enough. That and he volunteers for overseas duty alot, where you get big money for per diem and travel expenses, and hazardous duty pay. He banks all that money.

I struggled in college too. I remember living on soups and sandwiches for about three years, until i figured out I could repair computers for cash, then i lived in a nice apartment and ate out alot.

A friend of mine's fiance is in the Air Force, is about the same age, and she does pretty good (relative to expenses down here). I'm not saying they get rich, but all that seems reasonable when you aren't pissing money away. I commend him for having enough sense to think about the future....I should graduate in May and then I hope to start down the path to early retirement myself. :nod:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles Manson has claimed his innocence for going on an eternity now, doesnt mean he was telling the truth. Words with no proof are just that...words.

I can spout rumors all day, but to prove one would be a major undertaking.

I've seen it with my own eyes.....with both major instate programs. It happens all the time.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, what did that have to do with the fake shit you posted earlier.

Again that story had no teeth and they distanced themselves from him to keep there from being a problem.

I have told this story to more than one OK. Fan. Your Boosters are not angels when it come to goings on. My family has a thanksgiving get together each year with people from about 10 different schools from the SEC, Big 12 and PAC 12. At a party a few years ago one of the Big 12 boosters was speaking on one of the stories that was on a news service that year about money handshakes, parties with girls who would do favors for potential recruits and money changing hands after big games. This particular booster said his school had recently gotten some frisbee catching dogs(receivers) that were costing a group of boosters some pretty big bucks with their handshakes and appetites for the ladies as well as the expensive taste in clothes and cars. He said it would be worth it if they performed on the field though.

Now far be it from me to point fingers, but this is a close personal friend of my family that just so happens to be a booster(big money booster at that) of a Big 12 school who hates Texas with a passion and would SOONER see Texas lose every game, than anything else. I dont know this to be fact, but i trust this man as he has never lied to me or my family, and it does seem funny that some of these players are no longer at the school for various reasons now. :noidea:
BW,

You ran with this over at CBS just let this one go this type stuff men keep down home. No need to stir this pot be above it personal confidences aren't for these bds.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sources (former Alabama player and family friend of the Sabans, as well as another man close to the program) tell me it's a done deal. Expect to hear something official in the next few weeks.

4ywoU69.gif

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen it with my own eyes.....with both major instate programs. It happens all the time.

I didnt say it wasnt true, i said proving it would be hard.

It happens everywhere. I am friend with boosters from many colleges and we all have stories of money changing hands or deals they know of that went down. Its rampant at all schools and anyone who doesnt believe their school is guilty of it is fooling themselves. I am not fooling myself, but proof is on the burden of those making the accusations and thats not as easy as pointing a finger.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BW,

You ran with this over at CBS just let this one go this type stuff men keep down home. No need to stir this pot be above it personal confidences aren't for these bds.

Just slinging mud back, I figure tit for tat is ok.

Occupant reminds me alot of Stoopsdeman in a way. Seems he has the same Bama envy.:lol:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just slinging mud back, I figure tit for tat is ok.

Occupant reminds me alot of Stoopsdeman in a way. Seems he has the same Bama envy.:lol:
I get it but you've grown since then as a poster and I respect that. Family stuff is family stuff.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sources (former Alabama player and family friend of the Sabans, as well as another man close to the program) tell me it's a done deal. Expect to hear something official in the next few weeks.

I don't think Saban is going to Texas what ever they offer we will match. But if I was an Auburn fan I seriously would be worried about Malzahn to Texas. It is his dream job. They could easily get him for 6 million a year and I thnk he would be a better fit at Texas than Saban.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Saban is going to Texas what ever they offer we will match. But if I was an Auburn fan I seriously would be worried about Malzahn to Texas. It is his dream job. They could easily get him for 6 million a year and I thnk he would be a better fit at Texas than Saban.

LOL - Texas is NEVER going to hire a guy with only 2 years experience.

Texas won't talk to anyone without years experience and skins on the wall. They aren't giving this job to an up and comer.....they want a guy with proven results. Malzahn won't even get a phonecall, get real here.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the gist of this thread is nick saban going to Texas will improve the nations' credit scores? Done deal! Good luck in Austin, Nicky boy!

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - Texas is NEVER going to hire a guy with only 2 years experience.

Texas won't talk to anyone without years experience and skins on the wall. They aren't giving this job to an up and comer.....they want a guy with proven results. Malzahn won't even get a phonecall, get real here.

They named Muschamp coach in waiting and I think he had no head coaching experience.
I think Texas will regret it if they don't look into Malzahn. Obviously they should go for Saban first, im just saying if they cant get Saban they should give Malzahn a serious look he is a hell of a coach.