• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban to Texas --- $10 million/year

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way would Texas go out on a limb with Franklin.

The Texas Post-season Awards Banquet is on Dec 13. Don't expect an announcement concerning Mack's job status until after that night. If he's leaving, he deserves to tell his players first.

I've thought about it. Since recruits will be attending, a new coach could be announced prior to the Banquet.
all about Baylor game. I think Mack may survive if he beats Baylor. Definitely survives if Texas and OU win. You cant fire him if he wins the conference. That is a very low probability, but one that exists. Question is would Texas announce prior to the banquet or try to do it around the recruiting dead period which is the 15th and goes for a month.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A coach that is 3-1 in BCS games with a crystal ball to boot.

over the last 2 years?

just get over it... if you are going by wins and losses and team quality right now, mack brown is far more overpaid than sumlin.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
over the last 2 years?

just get over it... if you are going by wins and losses and team quality right now, mack brown is far more overpaid than sumlin.

If Texas wins Saturday, they will be 18-7 over last 2 years - where aggies will be 19-6. That's a whole 1 game difference. Both teams have 1 bowl win.

Only difference: Texas still has a chance to win its conference and still a chance to play in a BCS bowl game. A little premature to make your claim, imo.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way would Texas go out on a limb with Franklin.

The Texas Post-season Awards Banquet is on Dec 13. Don't expect an announcement concerning Mack's job status until after that night. If he's leaving, he deserves to tell his players first.

I've thought about it. Since recruits will be attending, a new coach could be announced prior to the Banquet.
If it is Saban (not saying it is) then when he wants to announce will dictate the timing. If Alabama finds its way into the BCSNC then you are looking at January.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all about Baylor game. I think Mack may survive if he beats Baylor. Definitely survives if Texas and OU win. You cant fire him if he wins the conference. That is a very low probability, but one that exists. Question is would Texas announce prior to the banquet or try to do it around the recruiting dead period which is the 15th and goes for a month.

Your scenario could be valid. I just don't know.

This could easily be the most interesting postseason ever for Head Coaching changes or it could be just a puff of smoke.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is Saban (not saying it is) then when he wants to announce will dictate the timing. If Alabama finds its way into the BCSNC then you are looking at January.

I don't see any way that Alabama makes it to the BCSNC. If Mizzou beats Auburn, Mizzou jumps Alabama. If Auburn wins, they would be ahead of Bama.
We've already had the SEC BCSNC and I don't envision another.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Texas wins Saturday, they will be 18-7 over last 2 years - where aggies will be 19-6. That's a whole 1 game difference. Both teams have 1 bowl win.

Only difference: Texas still has a chance to win its conference and still a chance to play in a BCS bowl game. A little premature to make your claim, imo.

Which to me makes Texas sound a little spoiled and completely wrong in this situation when taken into context of what this thread is talking about. If a coach is getting a team to 9 wins or more in todays world, thats a pretty good season, if he has the ability this late in the season to still have a chance at a BCS game and conference title, then that is even better.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an real good source that told me that Alabama is in double secret discussions with John L Smith to be the next head coach of Alabama.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
over the last 2 years?

Nope in the last 10 years which is why he is making the money he is making.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an real good source that told me that Alabama is in double secret discussions with John L Smith to be the next head coach of Alabama.

ibsSV4br1imgJq.gif

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I endorse this message.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why Bama is talking to him, because he matches with the bandwagon portion of the fanbase.

They should hire him to do all Saban's press conferences. :nod:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
House shopping was not found to have proof. I read a source that said it was false.
Terri Saban also stated in that same article they were not leaving if i remember correctly.
Statues are given to Title winners, he filled that obligation, so he doesnt owe anything more for it.
If they dont appreciate being the most loved power couple in the state of Alabama(next to McCarron/Webb), then more power to them being also rans in the State of Texas. Thaks for the titles.
His emotion level was fine to me, seemed as pissed off as i have ever seen him and the veins in his forehead and neck were as present as i have ever seen them.

not saying saying I am buying into the rumor, but really....that statement is worth about as much as a bowl full o' diarrhea

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty easy to check, can just check the Tax GIS records for counties surrounding Austin,Texas. Bet you find nothing. Will even have pending sale info if they do it properly.

most localities don't update that stuff but once every six months

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldn't even give me a gas card when I didn't have any credit. :pout:

I couldn't even get a Belk card, and I just wanted it to build credit. Didn't give a shit about Belk :mad: