• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some QBs mentioned, Marino, Fouts, etc., didn't win SB. That does not mean they will not go down in the books as great QBs. Maybe they were in the wrong place at the wrong time and made some wrong decisions. That does not diminish their greatness.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't try to talk sense into them. They won't accept it.

I expect Malibu to grasp at any Pats dis he can find but this surprises me from you Jake. Pats fans denying the phenomonon you're desrcibing is as off the mark as possible; sure Brady gets yards from his route runners. Pats fans are wondering why everyone isn't doing it if it's so fucking easy and automatic and any QB can do it. Just toss a short pass and let 'em run.

Why doesn't your team do it?

It is easy. It's made easy by hard practice and no team practices harder than the Patriots. Brady knows exactly where he's gonna throw it the moment it's snapped and you're gonna turn that into a slight?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Malibu to grasp at any Pats dis he can find but this surprises me from you Jake. Pats fans denying the phenomonon you're desrcibing is as off the mark as possible; sure Brady gets yards from his route runners. Pats fans are wondering why everyone isn't doing it if it's so fucking easy and automatic and any QB can do it. Just toss a short pass and let 'em run.

Why doesn't your team do it?

It is easy. It's made easy by hard practice and no team practices harder than the Patriots. Brady knows exactly where he's gonna throw it the moment it's snapped and you're gonna turn that into a slight?

IMO, the Pats have built their offensive scheme to include very short passes as equivalent to a run play. It works for the system, so that is enough. Long passes are exciting, but winning the game is too.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is on pace for 18 TD's and 11 picks

3,800 yards

thats 237 yards a game over 16

1.12 TD's per game

trent dilfer with legs
He's a tough dude though. I admire his winner mentality.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right...football is the ultimate team sport, Brady doesn't have 4 rings if some CB that 5 yrs from now nobody in Boston even remembers doesn't make an incredible play to end the game...P. Manning, Fouts, and Marino had great weapons and great OFC...Montana, Brady, Bradshaw had great teams.
You may be right on everything you said here? But I would say you're 100% wrong that people will forget Butler's name. He will go down in NE sports history. Just like the bad Bucky F-ing Dent, Bill Buckner...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the Pats have built their offensive scheme to include very short passes as equivalent to a run play. It works for the system, so that is enough. Long passes are exciting, but winning the game is too.
Stats are nice especially for fans of Manning, Marino... but at the end of the day it's all about the Wins verse the Losses. With the ultimate win being the SB, won by a teams not individuals. However, the QB as the game manager for his team will get the glory most of the time.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Brady behind our line and I think his dream of playing 10 more years would end rather quickly.... Wilson has been an escape artist behind this O-line which has 3 rookies ...
Agreed Brady would be getting killed behind that line. So who do you blame for the ineptness of that line?

Pats are/were starting three rookies as well. Currently one of the most beat up teams in the NFL yet they're finding ways to protect Brady.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like some people think it's better to get 8 yards and throw your WR into a tackle, instead of getting 9 yards and throwing your WR into 6 yards of free grass.
The stat is about the amount of yards the ball travels. Not whether the QB is throwing a receiver open.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed Brady would be getting killed behind that line. So who do you blame for the ineptness of that line?

Pats are/were starting three rookies as well. Currently one of the most beat up teams in the NFL yet they're finding ways to protect Brady.

Well, it is possible the rookies the Pats have are just better than the rookies Seattle has at this time... It's hard to say for sure... Brady is also pretty dam good at getting ride of the ball quickly, where Wilson tends to extend the play's more .. If it wasn't for Wilson's slick escapes we would have double the sacks right now... it's scary... But I will say, they seem to be improving a bit since the start ... Thankfully ..

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it is possible the rookies the Pats have are just better than the rookies Seattle has at this time... It's hard to say for sure... Brady is also pretty dam good at getting ride of the ball quickly, where Wilson tends to extend the play's more .. If it wasn't for Wilson's slick escapes we would have double the sacks right now... it's scary... But I will say, they seem to be improving a bit since the start ... Thankfully ..
Wilson's escapability verses Brady's quick release. Behind the current Hawk Oline I take Wilson. Brady would be hospitalized by now. I think the Oline's issues goes a bit deeper, drafting, FA, and coaching. That's where I see the difference between the two lines. Pats seem to consistently put more effort into the Oline IMO. I wish they could do the same with their D-backs.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's escapability verses Brady's quick release. Behind the current Hawk Oline I take Wilson. Brady would be hospitalized by now. I think the Oline's issues goes a bit deeper, drafting, FA, and coaching. That's where I see the difference between the two lines. Pats seem to consistently put more effort into the Oline IMO. I wish they could do the same with their D-backs.

I think your right ... Brady would be PISSED at our O-line ... So many missed blocks and just flat out bad play early on ... Wilson is built like a running back so he takes it in stride pretty well... But it's still not good to let your QB get hit so much ... At Brady's age getting landed on over and over by 300 pound lineman wouldn't extend his career much that's for sure...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're the one that said that rivers ypa is higher because he "places the ball better", that must only count for the past 6-7 games, huh?

Wilson's career ypa: 8
Rivers career ypa: 7.9
You're still not understanding that ball placement is why Rivers gets more YAC.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stat is about the amount of yards the ball travels. Not whether the QB is throwing a receiver open.
Yeah throwing the ball 3 yards and getting 9 total is better than throwing it 8 and getting 8 total.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah throwing the ball 3 yards and getting 9 total is better than throwing it 8 and getting 8 total.
I'd have to agree. Because that sounds like on the 8 yarder, the reciever got stopped in his tracks. ouch