• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So. . .Derrick Henry is MVP so far, right?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would have to beat Dickerson's record for yds by a healthy margin (like 2200+) and Tomlinson's TD record to even have a chance, tbh. Might even need to break the 30 TD threshhold. I doubt he can really get that close to that. It's a long season and I would think Harbaugh wants to make sure he's good for the play-off run. And with Lamar doing what he does, it will be really a tall order.
Maybe. 2000yds and 20TDs is nothing to sneeze at but what LJ is doing right now and stays hot the rest of the way than it's his.

CletusCooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My man is on pace for a 2000 yard season, has 8 TDs, and is averaging an incredible 6.5 yards per carry. Yet, I am not hearing his name in MVP discussions in any of my, admittedly, limited media consumption.

Is Henry the best player in football, or am I on crazy pills?
He was the most important signing in the league this year. He is outstanding but perhaps Lamar Jackson might be the MVP?

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a perfect example. Henry, like McCaffrey, is deserving but it always goes to a quarterback, so probably Jackson or Mahomes

Mahomes is going to have to put up insane numbers in the second half of the season to win MVP. His numbers so far are very mediocre, especially for him. Not that he cares, they still are undefeated.

CletusCooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes is going to have to put up insane numbers in the second half of the season to win MVP. His numbers so far are very mediocre, especially for him. Not that he cares, they still are undefeated.
Except his won-loss numbers which really is all that counts because it not just about numbers its about value to a team. That's why its called Most Valuable player award instead of Best Player Award. Is there anyone in the league that is more valuable to his team than Mahomes is to his? I'm not sure there is.
I agree with you that he won't get it but maybe he should.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except his won-loss numbers which really is all that counts because it not just about numbers its about value to a team. That's why its called Most Valuable player award instead of Best Player Award. Is there anyone in the league that is more valuable to his team than Mahomes is to his? I'm not sure there is.

In a vacuum, no. He's the best player, on the best team. But by that logic, Andy Reid should win coach of the year every year.

The voters don't always see it that way. They like the numbers.

CletusCooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a vacuum, no. He's the best player, on the best team. But by that logic, Andy Reid should win coach of the year every year.

The voters don't always see it that way. They like the numbers.
Yeah, I remember one year Alex Rodriguez won MVP for the Texas Rangers on a last place team. It made no sense to me because they could have finished last without him so where is the value he brought. He was the best player but not the most valuable.

CletusCooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I remember one year Alex Rodriguez won MVP for the Texas Rangers on a last place team. It made no sense to me because they could have finished last without him so where is the value he brought? He was the best player but not the most valuable.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a perfect example. Henry, like McCaffrey, is deserving but it always goes to a quarterback, so probably Jackson or Mahomes
I think it came down to weeks 16-17 last year. Both Lamar and McCaffrey had great games in their matchup, but the Ravens gave the 49ers a butt-whipping in their house. McCaffrey went on to get hurt week 17 while Lamar played a perfect game while the Ravens destroyed the Dolphins.

I wonder what might have happened with the MVP if the 49ers had beaten the Ravens and McCaffrey had a great game week 17...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will get offensive player of the year ala Christian Macaffrey last year
CMC and Henry need to have the 'not Lamar' trophy. I think CMCs 2 best years were Lamar Jacksons two best years.

CletusCooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it came down to weeks 16-17 last year. Both Lamar and McCaffrey had great games in their matchup, but the Ravens gave the 49ers a butt-whipping in their house. McCaffrey went on to get hurt week 17 while Lamar played a perfect game while the Ravens destroyed the Dolphins.

I wonder what might have happened with the MVP if the 49ers had beaten the Ravens and McCaffrey had a great game week 17...
Who is "Lamar"?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Allen and Lamar are certainly in that discussion.

Jayden Daniels has a hell of a start to his career, but it's a bit early for him.