• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't deal in statistics where people only consider one side of the coin. Stats can be easily manipulated if you just only show half the story/facts.

People with no long-standing, failing arguments do that. People who have a solid premise and ground for argument show all the facts, because it only bolsters their arguments.
numbers are actualities. hypotheticals, arent.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the funny thing is, i LIKE wilson. ask my dearest buddy @DirtDirtDirt

we both liked him coming out of wisconsin. i thought he should have gone in the first round.

i just think he is what he is right now. a low attempt, game manager who has a great ground game and great to serviceable defense.

So I'm curious, what is it about him (this guy you liked) that makes you think he's not going to continue progressing as a QB? His lazy lack of work ethic? The tiny amount of time he spends in the film room? His piss-poor leadership skills?

I mean you COULD be right of course, and he could have plateaued. But what are you basing your opinion on beyond some feeling?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stevie Winwood and Traffic a song for Philip Rivers. It's called 'Dr Mr Fantasy', because that is all he will ever be good for.

Always really enjoyed the Brent Mydland version. Not to take anything away from the original. Kind of like a Grateful Dead keyboardist, Wilson could be replaced and the Seahawk show would keep on ticking. He's not the straw that stirs the drink. And Russell can't hold Pigpen's jock.

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in terms of all time greats, are titles a measuring stick for a QB?

yes or no

one word reply only
"a measuring stick": yes
"the measuring stick": no

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm curious, what is it about him (this guy you liked) that makes you think he's not going to continue progressing as a QB? His lazy lack of work ethic? The tiny amount of time he spends in the film room? His piss-poor leadership skills?

I mean you COULD be right of course, and he could have plateaued. But what are you basing your opinion on beyond some feeling?
simple

seattle isnt setting him up for success. i thought seattle would be like the pats NW. the parallels were there. i dont think carroll is as good a coach as people up there think (having seen him here myself, hes doing the same things and he got canned for it here). i just dont see a long term formula for success there.

wilson is the best combo of legs and arm ive seen since randall cunningham. he can be dynamic when he needs to. i also just dont see a "take a game over" guy in him...or a guy who can carry a team on an off day.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
numbers are actualities. hypotheticals, arent.
This is true, but it still stands that if you wanted to show the entire story then you wouldn't request only one word answers. To limit an answer to just one word, actually makes the answer a generality and not a good use for factual evidence. As well know, context is the key to facts. What may be a fact in one case is not a fact in another case because of the context in which it is.

No, Wilson has never led the NFL in TD.

However, Wilson has never thrown 600+ attempts in a season, either.

So, more to your point, in which you make Brady leading the NFL in passing TD's as some great feat, it only leads to one conclusion: To then speculate if Wilson COULD have led the NFL that year. The facts of the matter, Wilson for his career, and Brady, have been asked to do vastly different things in offense, and for your argument it can only lead for people to make a hypothetical conclusion.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give ya RW is mediocre, but don't give me Rivers wins 3 of anything...great talent, but he's had good teams, been to the playoffs (too bad a lot of it was with Shottenhiemer)...just never got it done...RW comes in as a 2nd yr QB and wins a SB and backs it up with another appearance...everything in between might be mediocre, but I'll take those results over 300yds/2tds every week but watching in JAN.

He never had that defense and Marshawn Lynch at the same time. Doesn't get much easier than what Wilson gets to do. And then he throws a pick to lose the game anyway, so what's to like?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always really enjoyed the Brent Mydland version. Not to take anything away from the original. Kind of like a Grateful Dead keyboardist, Wilson could be replaced and the Seahawk show would keep on ticking. He's not the straw that stirs the drink. And Russell can't hold Pigpen's jock.

"He kind of reminds me of watching [Roger] Staubach, I remember a lot of Staubach's spectacular running plays where it looked like he was about to get tackled by three or four guys, and he would Houdini it out of there somehow. You see Wilson doing some of the same things......He has an instinctiveness; he just knows where people are. It looks like he's going to get tackled and he doesn't, You think that he doesn't see them, but he sees them. He just knows they are there. He has an uncanny sense of awareness of what is around him, good or bad......I can't really define it. You can't really coach it. It's an awareness that all great players have it, all good players have it. I think he just has it at a higher level. It's impressive." ~Bill Bellichik on Russell Wilson

Bill Belichick compares Russell Wilson's ability to Roger Staubach's

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone notice that at the end of the first drive it took Marshawn Lynch five tries to get the ball into the end zone from the 2 yard line? Is that significant to anyone for any reason? Thanks for listening. I'll take your comments off the air.

It wasn't a bad call. Wilson fucked the whole game up by throwing a horrible pick.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, but it still stands that if you wanted to show the entire story then you wouldn't request only one word answers. To limit an answer to just one word, actually makes the answer a generality and not a good use for factual evidence. As well know, context is the key to facts. What may be a fact in one case is not a fact in another case because of the context in which it is.

No, Wilson has never led the NFL in TD.

However, Wilson has never thrown 600+ attempts in a season, either.

So, more to your point, in which you make Brady leading the NFL in passing TD's as some great feat, it only leads to one conclusion: To then speculate if Wilson COULD have led the NFL that year. The facts of the matter, Wilson for his career, and Brady, have been asked to do vastly different things in offense, and for your argument it can only lead for people to make a hypothetical conclusion.
what entire story?

brady led the league in 2002 with 28 TD's

thats an actuality.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never had that defense and Marshawn Lynch at the same time. Doesn't get much easier than what Wilson gets to do. And then he throws a pick to lose the game anyway, so what's to like?

Rivers had a great defense. Remember Shawn Merriman and that crew wrecking havoc? In their prime that team had a ton of probowl talent. Rivers never had Lynch? Well you're right about that, he only had LaDanian Tomlinson setting records and Antonio Gates in his prime.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a bad call. Wilson fucked the whole game up by throwing a horrible pick.

Butler made a great read and a great play. He deserves more credit. And Wilson had a pretty decent day with 247 yards passing, 102 yards rushing, 3 total TD's, 1 pick (the bad one), and a 110 QB rating. What more can he do? He wasn't the reason Seattle lost that game. Blame the defense in the 4th quarter.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler made a great read and a great play. He deserves more credit. And Wilson had a pretty decent day with 247 yards passing, 102 yards rushing, 3 total TD's, 1 pick (the bad one), and a 110 QB rating. What more can he do? He wasn't the reason Seattle lost that game. Blame the defense in the 4th quarter.
didnt he have like 2 completions in the first half?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what entire story?

brady led the league in 2002 with 28 TD's

thats an actuality.

What is amazing about that is the fact that 28 TD's could lead the league at all. Now that would be considered good, but not great. Shows how much the rules have changed in a decade that QB's can routinely throw 40 to 50 TD's.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He kind of reminds me of watching [Roger] Staubach, I remember a lot of Staubach's spectacular running plays where it looked like he was about to get tackled by three or four guys, and he would Houdini it out of there somehow. You see Wilson doing some of the same things......He has an instinctiveness; he just knows where people are. It looks like he's going to get tackled and he doesn't, You think that he doesn't see them, but he sees them. He just knows they are there. He has an uncanny sense of awareness of what is around him, good or bad......I can't really define it. You can't really coach it. It's an awareness that all great players have it, all good players have it. I think he just has it at a higher level. It's impressive." ~Bill Bellichik on Russell Wilson

Bill Belichick compares Russell Wilson's ability to Roger Staubach's

That would be a great quote about a runningback or a wide receiver or a returnman.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is amazing about that is the fact that 28 TD's could lead the league at all. Now that would be considered good, but not great. Shows how much the rules have changed in a decade that QB's can routinely throw 40 to 50 TD's.
it made matt stafford a 5k yard passer, and nearly...matt fucking schaub.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something like that but the game lasts 4 quarters, which you should be happy about since the Pats needed all 4 to eventually win.
when kearse caught that pass on his back, i texted my boy dirt and say "this fucking guys cursed".

i was prepared for a loss.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a great quote about a runningback or a wide receiver or a returnman.

Ya, except it wasn't about those guys was it? It was BB comparing RW to Staubach. I've also heard him compared to Fran Tarkenton a lot too. No big deal though right? He's just mediocre.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers had a great defense. Remember Shawn Merriman and that crew wrecking havoc? In their prime that team had a ton of probowl talent. Rivers never had Lynch? Well you're right about that, he only had LaDanian Tomlinson setting records and Antonio Gates in his prime.

When Wilson's defense wasn't #1 in everything he lost too. Nothing makes it easier than that defense he's been playing with, #1 in yards and #1 in points both of his Super Bowl trips.